What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearer Semi Picture

ebbedfred

Bench
Well, after the games so far things are much clearer. Either way I think after Manly we will play Canberra.

In the unlikely event we lose, we go to Canberra next week for a chance to meet the Roosters a week later.

If we win, we have the week off but play the winner of the Raiders and the Tigers. I just can't see the Tigers beating Canberra in Canberra let alone without Marshall who must be in severe danger of missing the game.

A win tomorrow would at least mean we prob play the Raiders in Sydney

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The equation:

Dragons win today
Week 2:
Friday 7:45 Canberra Raiders v Wests Tigers @ Canberra Stadium
Sat 7:45 Sydney Roosters v Penrith Panthers @ SFS

Week 3:
Friday 7:45 St Geo Illa Dragons v Raiders/Tigers @ SFS (Raiders) or ANZ Stadium (Tigers)
Sat 7:45 Gold Coast Titans v Roosters/Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Grand Final
Sunday 5:10pm Dragons/Raiders/Tigers v Titans/Roosters/Panthers @ ANZ Stadium

Dragons lose today
Week 2:
Friday 7:45 Manly Sea Eagles v Penrith Panthers @ SFS
Saturday 7:45 Canberra Raiders v St Geo Illa Dragons @ Canberra Stadium

Week 3:
Friday 7:45 Gold Coast Titans v Sea Eagles/Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium
Saturday 7:45 Sydney Roosters v Raiders/Dragons @ SFS

Grand Final
Sunday 5:10pm Titans/Sea Eagles/Panthers v Roosters/Raiders/Dragons @ ANZ Stadium

j0nesy

Bench
I'm looking forward to today's game. Heading up to Kogarah at about 1:15. Might have one or two at the Carlton and then head to the game. Ah the memories...

Oh right, if we lose we play Canberra at Bruce, if we win we probably Canberra in Sydney in a fortnight. Surely the win is the better option? :-D

cleary89

Coach
Week 3:
Friday 7:45 St Geo Illa Dragons v Raiders/Tigers @ SFS (Raiders) or ANZ Stadium (Tigers)

Saturday 7:45 Sydney Roosters v Raiders/Dragons @ SFS

That doesn't make sense to me, why wouldn't the second one be at ANZ as well?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
More to the point, if we win, why would we play the Tigers at Homebush? It's one of their home grounds and further away from us.

If the choice is between Homebush and SFS, the SFS is better for us.

Godz Illa

Coach
Timmah what's your source for that info. I was under the impression that if we win today we'll be playing on the Saturday night in week 3

Timmah

Staff member
Highest ranked winner usually plays the winner of the first semi final on the Friday night.

We were highest ranked winner last year and played Parra, winners of the first semi, on Friday night.

Timmah

Staff member
And Willow, Tigers home ground is the SFS. They moved there two seasons ago, only Souths and Canterbury play out of ANZ now.

ANZ may be considered for size reasons. I imagine it will be the NRL's decision.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah but wasn't last year re-arranged due to scheduling conflicts? I recall in 2008 the highest ranked winner played on the saturday in week 3. Ditto 2007 and 2006

Timmah

Staff member
The years before that would've been because they played semis on Sat night and Sunday arvo wouldn't they?

Godz Illa

Coach
Nope, all those years were Fridays and Saturdays. In fact, in the years before that (2005 and earlier) the highest ranked winner played on the Sunday. I reckon you better confirm the details you've provided here before people start making plans for that weekend. Usually your info is reliable so people will trust it.

Saint Doc

Coach
Godz illa you are correct. If you think back to 2005 we played tigers on the Saturday night, parra (highest ranked winner) played cowboys on the Sunday afternoon. It has always been that order (highest ranked winner plays the second game) except last year when there was a scheduling conflict with etihad.

Also, timmah is just speculating on which grounds we would play at. I believe the nrl has discretion in terms of the size of the crowd you would expect.

I'd rather not play tigers at the sfs. The ghosts of 2005 still haunt me!

Timmah

Staff member
Correct, I am only speculating. But the who-plays-who is more or less correct.

RedVee

First Grade
seems fairly likely though.

We just need to concentrate on winning, no matter who comes up. I was hoping that the Tits would have to play next week, more chance for knocks on Princes sore shoulder. they are a worry, fairy tale material and all - we all remember how much the NRL loves a fairytale.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
here you go ebbfred:

semi-trailer.jpg

Latest posts