What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah said:
:? Another forum hero bringing out the "You're always on here" line :sleeper:

Oh yeah.... "Total Posts: 45,350 (26.64 posts per day)" looks like someone as a little too much time on his hands...........? :sarcasm:

:lol:

Gibbo

Juniors
yakstorm said:
fan_day_3.jpg

perhaps paying homage to the massive brawl they had playing the cowboys whilst wearing these jerseys (the one that floored a couple of cheerleaders?)

The only other thingi can remember the Warriors doing in their red jerseys is getting absolutelty towelled by the dragons at WIN in 2000 where Amos Roberts scored a swag of points on debut. Also in that game Lee Oudnryan (?sorry about the spelling) played quite possibly the singlemost woeful game of rugby league i've ever seen for the warriors that day, still makes me cringe.

Seriously though, is there any other special significance of the jersey (possibly relating to pre-warriors times?)

Brycey

Juniors
Timmah said:
:? Another forum hero bringing out the "You're always on here" line :sleeper:

All it takes is a bit of reading tbh... choc soldier has also been a continuous contributor to this thread (good on him IMO) and I thought he would've seen the picture.
Timmah when more people than not say you're always on here you might want to take a moment out of your busy life and sit back and think "hmm if this many people are taking notice of something maybe there is a possiblity it is occuring."

LeagueNut

First Grade
Gibbo said:
Seriously though, is there any other special significance of the jersey (possibly relating to pre-warriors times?)
At the risk of showing my ignorance, I don't think there's any historical significance whatsoever. The traditional Auckland colours have always been blue and white as far as I know - the red and green on the 1995 Warriors jerseys came from the sponsor of the time (DB Bitter).

The red jersey was only worn for one season (2000), and that was easily the worst season in our existence, especially as we basically died at the end of the year. I've always thought of it as a Vodafone jersey - red is their colour - and I figured it was some sort of compromise to keep the sponsors happy.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
Oh yeah.... "Total Posts: 45,350 (26.64 posts per day)" looks like someone as a little too much time on his hands...........? :sarcasm:

:lol:

So when is the new Newtown one out then?
Did you enjoy the crushing defeat of the Hairnets by Salford? :lol:

innsaneink said:
No...its different to that.
Back on your RITALIN-O's boy.

It's the same jersey, just with a different Charity Jersey badge and with the baseball-style collar done up (except it doesn't actually have a button).

The Charity Shield jersey is basically this season's alternate jersey with the colours reversed, as was last year's. The red is a different shade with the St George Foundation and Charity Shield logos replacing the St George Bank and Telstra Premiership logos respectively.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Gibbo said:
yakstorm said:
fan_day_3.jpg

perhaps paying homage to the massive brawl they had playing the cowboys whilst wearing these jerseys (the one that floored a couple of cheerleaders?)

The only other thingi can remember the Warriors doing in their red jerseys is getting absolutelty towelled by the dragons at WIN in 2000 where Amos Roberts scored a swag of points on debut. Also in that game Lee Oudnryan (?sorry about the spelling) played quite possibly the singlemost woeful game of rugby league i've ever seen for the warriors that day, still makes me cringe.

you didnt catch the eels warriors game on monday night last year?

innsaneink

Referee
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
It's the same jersey, just with a different Charity Jersey badge and with the baseball-style collar done up (except it doesn't actually have a button).

The Charity Shield jersey is basically this season's alternate jersey with the colours reversed, as was last year's. The red is a different shade with the St George Foundation and Charity Shield logos replacing the St George Bank and Telstra Premiership logos respectively.

What I said in post 799 before todger got all pedo

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I simply pointed out the jersey design was posted long ago. At best, minor alterations were made to the illustration posted in November. Who's pedo?

Timmah

Staff member
Timmah when more people than not say you're always on here you might want to take a moment out of your busy life and sit back and think "hmm if this many people are taking notice of something maybe there is a possiblity it is occuring."

Hmmm... a psychologist now?

Tell me, if I'm "always on here" why am I replying 5 hours after your most recent post? Let me guess? I watched you post that... then lay in wait 5 hours before replying?

And why then aren't people having a go at Twizzle or Willow for how much time they spend on the forums, based solely on their post counts? Or anyone who's made more than say 20k worth of posts?

It's simple - if you're gonna have a go, play the ball, not the man. Playing the "look how many posts you have card" is a cheap way out and you know it ;-)

beave

Coach
Maybe it's the way you come across with your holier than thou attitude in regards to posting of information that may have been posted on here earlier, not everyone has the time to go through every friggin post to ensure they aren't repeating someone else....................... obviously if it gets out of hand and 5 people are posting the same thing, then yes, something has to be done but smugness oozes from your posts when you try and point out that info has already been posted, just ease up man...........

Timmah

Staff member
They don't have to go through all the posts. There's a little window at the top "Search this thread". Type what you're looking for. Not there? Post it. If you find it. Post it.

Sometimes I might come off holier than thou and that's down to perception I suppose, but half the time I'm just trying to point out that someone else, whoever else that is, has posted something or something about that earlier... and might even actually be trying to help and even direct that person to more info on that matter.

But of course it's more fun to make fat jokes and remark about how many posts someone has, because in the end it's more entertaining ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
They're just merchandising polos, they're not worn on-field at all. Melbourne's will be the 1998 home strip according to some in this thread.

Juniors
on their website it says under it centenary season jersey, theres another purple one next to it that says its a polo, are you certain this isnt it?

beave

Coach
All the clubs have a version of that storm one you posted, obviously the colours and badge is different but they are all identical, it aint the rd 6 jersey mate.

KalgoorlieRed said:
So when is the new Newtown one out then?
Did you enjoy the crushing defeat of the Hairnets by Salford? :lol:

Lee, no idea about the new Jets jersey.... But no doubt they'll be bringing out a centenary jersey, I'll keep you posted.

Don't get me started on the Salford vs Hornets, full time, 5 ex-SL players against an NL2 side and the Reds fans were still moaning, see match report....

Hornets team spirit not enough
Salford swagger as Hornets dig deep
Hornets 12 Salford 54

At National league level, you soon get bored with ex-Super league clubs. There's not been one yet that's held its hand up and admitted that they're out of the top flight because they're not good enough.
And their fans... don't get me started. Arrogant and graceless and bitter that they should dirty their boots against the likes of us when they plainly should be showboating for the Sky cameras. And all excessively confident that their divine right to a franchise to dine at Rugby League's top table will be exercised come 2009. Even if their stadium is a figment of some decidedly fevered imaginations.
As it was, serial SL underachievers Salford assumed the role of slighted/blighted big time Charlies and they're clearly going to enjoy their role as NL1 steamroller/pain in the backside for 2008.
Coming full time, full throttle and fully pumped up courtesy of warm weather training somewhere that definitely wasn't Oulder Hill all-weather pitch, Salford showed sufficient pace, prowess and power to complete the inevitable. But, to the travelling hordes' chagrin, this wasn't quite the total rout they expected.
Under Bobbie Goulding, Rochdale Hornets have found a rich seam of spirit. And, where previous incarnatons of our team would have rolled over, this side kept going until the final hooter.
Indeed, despite Salford scooting into an early 8-nil lead (tries from White and Sibbit - both conversions spectacularly missed by joke kicker Wilshire), Hornets hit back on 16 minutes when Simon Svabic wormed through a napping Reds defence to score - after Salford had dropped the kick off in comedic fashion. Svabic showed Wilshere how it was done by adding the extras. And, for nine blissful minutes the Wilbutts lane stand was mysteriously quiet as the visitors contemplated that some sides might just not roll over this season.
Hornets spirit was typified as Chris Campbell sprinted 80 metres back to snuff out a Salford interception that had 'try' written al over it.
Indeed, Hornets withstood three consecutive sets on their own line - one of them a man short, as Mike Stout was sin-binned for deigning to get involved in a tackle.
As it was, the Reds' fans had ample opportunity to shout and clap as Alker took huge advantage of Hornets slow manouevres at acting half back to repeatedly unzip a backpedalling defence. Further tries - one from Alker himself and one from the perpetually crocked Fitzpatrick - took Salford clear. Half time: 6-24.
The second half saw Salford in merciless mood as speed of thought and deed created tries for Jiminez, Wilshere, Stapleton and a now clearly limping Fitzpatrick.
But Hornets weren't quite finished. Good approach play took them close and a great short ball from Svabic found Ainscough arriving at speed to rash in and score. Good stuff.
Salford took a late score from Borgese as a clear indication of their SL credentials and celebrated accordingly. Good on 'em.
Afterwards, the general consensus in the Hornets camp was that Goulding's men had shown good mettle, kept going, never threw in the towel and had tried to play a little football on the way. It was also accepted that Salford are a pretty useful outfit: but we don't have to like it. And, despite having nothing to show for their side's efforts, at least the long-suffering Hornets faithful had seen some effort.
This was echoed by the Bobster himself afterwards: "My lads had a go and that's all you can ask of them against a side like that. They showed great enthusiasm and spirt." Too true, Bob. The true benchmark of Hornets' potential comes next week against Swinton: and with the Lions going painfully close against Oldham, it promises to be another cracking encounter between these two venerable clubs.