What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

choc_soldier

Coach
Timmah said:
:? Another forum hero bringing out the "You're always on here" line :sleeper:

All it takes is a bit of reading tbh... choc soldier has also been a continuous contributor to this thread (good on him IMO) and I thought he would've seen the picture.

Yes, I was just re-iterating. I had a feeling I was repeating myself, considering I posted the photo on the previous page, but thought it wouldn't hurt to do so.

_Johnsy

Referee
Princess returns :lol: :lol:

BTW Princess, it is a just another piece of merchandise, each club has a similar design. No significance. IMO I think they are marketed towards women.

Brycey

Juniors
beave said:
Maybe it's the way you come across with your holier than thou attitude in regards to posting of information that may have been posted on here earlier, not everyone has the time to go through every friggin post to ensure they aren't repeating someone else....................... obviously if it gets out of hand and 5 people are posting the same thing, then yes, something has to be done but smugness oozes from your posts when you try and point out that info has already been posted, just ease up man...........
Bingo.

And Timmah go blow a f**king goat. If I or anyone else don't want to use the 'search' button we don't have to. Your forumcopping is MattO lame.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
Lee, no idea about the new Jets jersey.... But no doubt they'll be bringing out a centenary jersey, I'll keep you posted.

Don't get me started on the Salford vs Hornets, full time, 5 ex-SL players against an NL2 side and the Reds fans were still moaning, see match report....

Hornets team spirit not enough
Salford swagger as Hornets dig deep
Hornets 12 Salford 54

At National league level, you soon get bored with ex-Super league clubs. There's not been one yet that's held its hand up and admitted that they're out of the top flight because they're not good enough.
And their fans... don't get me started. Arrogant and graceless and bitter that they should dirty their boots against the likes of us when they plainly should be showboating for the Sky cameras. And all excessively confident that their divine right to a franchise to dine at Rugby League's top table will be exercised come 2009. Even if their stadium is a figment of some decidedly fevered imaginations.
As it was, serial SL underachievers Salford assumed the role of slighted/blighted big time Charlies and they're clearly going to enjoy their role as NL1 steamroller/pain in the backside for 2008.
Coming full time, full throttle and fully pumped up courtesy of warm weather training somewhere that definitely wasn't Oulder Hill all-weather pitch, Salford showed sufficient pace, prowess and power to complete the inevitable. But, to the travelling hordes' chagrin, this wasn't quite the total rout they expected.
Under Bobbie Goulding, Rochdale Hornets have found a rich seam of spirit. And, where previous incarnatons of our team would have rolled over, this side kept going until the final hooter.
Indeed, despite Salford scooting into an early 8-nil lead (tries from White and Sibbit - both conversions spectacularly missed by joke kicker Wilshire), Hornets hit back on 16 minutes when Simon Svabic wormed through a napping Reds defence to score - after Salford had dropped the kick off in comedic fashion. Svabic showed Wilshere how it was done by adding the extras. And, for nine blissful minutes the Wilbutts lane stand was mysteriously quiet as the visitors contemplated that some sides might just not roll over this season.
Hornets spirit was typified as Chris Campbell sprinted 80 metres back to snuff out a Salford interception that had 'try' written al over it.
Indeed, Hornets withstood three consecutive sets on their own line - one of them a man short, as Mike Stout was sin-binned for deigning to get involved in a tackle.
As it was, the Reds' fans had ample opportunity to shout and clap as Alker took huge advantage of Hornets slow manouevres at acting half back to repeatedly unzip a backpedalling defence. Further tries - one from Alker himself and one from the perpetually crocked Fitzpatrick - took Salford clear. Half time: 6-24.
The second half saw Salford in merciless mood as speed of thought and deed created tries for Jiminez, Wilshere, Stapleton and a now clearly limping Fitzpatrick.
But Hornets weren't quite finished. Good approach play took them close and a great short ball from Svabic found Ainscough arriving at speed to rash in and score. Good stuff.
Salford took a late score from Borgese as a clear indication of their SL credentials and celebrated accordingly. Good on 'em.
Afterwards, the general consensus in the Hornets camp was that Goulding's men had shown good mettle, kept going, never threw in the towel and had tried to play a little football on the way. It was also accepted that Salford are a pretty useful outfit: but we don't have to like it. And, despite having nothing to show for their side's efforts, at least the long-suffering Hornets faithful had seen some effort.
This was echoed by the Bobster himself afterwards: "My lads had a go and that's all you can ask of them against a side like that. They showed great enthusiasm and spirt." Too true, Bob. The true benchmark of Hornets' potential comes next week against Swinton: and with the Lions going painfully close against Oldham, it promises to be another cracking encounter between these two venerable clubs.

alker.jpg

jiminez.jpg

:lol: ;-)

~knights~

Juniors
does anyone have the pic of the roosters heritage jersey they will wear when they play the knights

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Jersey_Launch.jpg

Second from the right (fourth from the left)

Predominantly blue jersey, always was worn against Soufs until 2006. 2007 saw the red one toward the left starting to be used.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I know its been mentioned earlier in the thread, but wtf is that light blue monstrosity?

Timmah

Staff member
ANZAC Day.
Replica of the strip they wore in 45 apparently.

Sugar

Bench
Souths heritage jersey..

The round 6 clash against the West Tigers will see the Rabbitohs wear a one off heritage jersey. I would like to explain to everyone what exactly the design concept is behind this jersey and why this is a unique piece we have created to celebrate 100 years of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The most obvious feature of this jersey is the use of the "Torn Rabbit" logo. During the 1970 Grand final when we won 23-12 against the Manly Sea Eagles John Sattler not only had his Jaw broken but had half the Rabbit ripped off his jersey creating this unique logo.

The stripe pattern has also been changed to an even red and green stripe taken directly from the original 1908 jersey. The even 1908 striped jerseys were soon changed to the 2/3rds Myrtle and 1/3rd Cardinal stripe pattern that we have used until this day.

Finally the 2008 Centenary crest designed by Russell Crowe will be on the left sleeve. This crest has been designed to not only celebrate our 100 years of the Rabbitohs but highlight the connection South Sydney Rabbitohs has within the community.

The Heritage jersey has been designed to reflect and celebrate 100 years of the Rabbitohs. Starting from 1908 through to 2008 hopefully it is and item all members will enjoy as a unique jersey to celebrate the last 100 years of Souths.

We are still checking manufacturing times to set an official release date but it will be available first from the SSFC official merchandise store. If you would like to pre-order a heritage jersey call 02 83069996 or email shop@souths.com.au with you size and contact details.

To see David Kidwell wearing the heritage jersey follow the below link.

http://video2.foxsports.com.au/video.php?cat=648&id=6198 Let us know your thoughts on the jersey and I hope you like it.

Timmah

Staff member
Foxsports.com.au has all teams captains call videos, most of them wearing their clubs' heritage jersey.

Souths - as above. Half a Rabbitoh (just his head) instead of the normal logo.
Canberra - limer green with the old circular logo
Eels - same as vs Canberra in early 2007
Titans - Seagulls design in Titans colours
All others are as pictured in this thread basically. Bulldogs, Melbourne, Tigers and Cronulla captains didn't wear the heritage strips.

Timmah

Staff member
Warriors

New_Zealand_Warriors_2284_large_image.jpg

New_Zealand_Warriors_2336_large_image.jpg

Cowboys

300_NQC08910.jpg

2007 design - just add CORL logo & change any necessary sponsors
300_NQC07911.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Parramatta

08_Gold_Jersey_Main.jpg

08_Blue_Jersey_Main.jpg

08_White_Jersey_Main.jpg

Penrith

Pics coming soon

Pics coming soon

Timmah

Staff member
Dragons

Charity Shield (incorrect logos)
Charity%20Shield%20Jersey%2008.jpg

Home%20Jersey%2008.jpg

Alternate%20Jersey%2008.jpg

South Sydney

Sponsors yet to be finalised.

Timmah

Staff member
Sydney Roosters

2520.jpg

2540.jpg

R1 v Souths
2551.jpg

R6 v Knights
Jersey_Launch.jpg

Fourth jersey from left

R7 v Dragons
2238.jpg

beave

Coach
i love that dragons away jersey.

I hate my own teams jersey though which is a damn shame, the colours as a whole are pretty attractive but that new one.............

Timmah

Staff member
Wests Tigers

jerseys2008rk5.jpg

That's pretty much all the H&A jerseys sorted for 2008 I think.

Brisbane

Same as 2007, WoW replaces Ergon Energy on front of jersey, new back of jersey sponsor also.

Bulldogs

Same as 2007, minor sponsor changes

Latest posts