What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Nuke

Staff member
I think so. I think I've seen them in a Perth sports store last week. I don't mind them actually, but yeah, it's a break from tradition. So long as they stay away from the t-shirt designs forever, I will be happy.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah Canterbury is a good designer for the Origin teams. I just don't like how theyve gone with that design for the Blues jersey. Like the traditional collar and non shiny material that the Maroons jersey has.

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, I know what you mean. There's something about pulling on a cotton jersey (especially a new one in this day and age!) at Origin time. The 'shiny' synthetic jerseys are okay for club footy, but Origin and test jerseys -for supporters at least- in my opinion should be cotton.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1571001540147000.jpg
Cotton

1571001540146000.jpg
Pro Synthetic Fabric

On game day both will have nib on the sleeves on a big green box.

stuke

Bench
getting over run with sponsors logos. wasn't that long ago that rep jerseys were bare in regards to sponshorship.

hellteam

First Grade
I hope they're not for the World Cup. Thats one thing I like about the rugby union World Cup, that they're not allowed to have sponsers on their jersey.

Nuke

Staff member
it wont be long before the roos jersey has sponsors front and back
They half do already. Apart from the sleeve sponsors (which incidentally, the Aussie jersey has had for as long as I can remember -just not the same sponsor), the Australian jersey has for a few years also had the PlayStation logo across the back of the jersey above the number where players names used to be.

Regarding the NSW jersey, I think it's a fantastic idea that they're selling both the players-style synthetic version and a cotton version too. I have to say, I also think it's great they're being sold minus the NIB logo on the sleeves. Green does not belong on the NSW jersey. It took me years to get used to seeing that big green panel on Newcastle jerseys. I would've liked to have seen the NIB logo with just the white text on the sky blue jersey. It would still be clearly visable, and look a damn sight better without the green box.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Apart from nib sponsorship on the shoulders, I'm interested to know how they are to be different?