What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

crouching_tiger

Juniors
There's plenty different....Dark blue under the armpits is curved and not a sharp edge, the dark blue rim around the waist, the collar, the tag on the inside of the neck, the dark blue band around the arm sleeve, i could go on all day....

Nuke

Staff member
The shorts I didn't mind at all, the socks weren't the best, and the jersey I didn't mind so much, but I'm not a fan of the synthetic material and no-collar (bar that white strip stuck on the back of the players necks) for State Of Origin. I have also never liked the blue numbers on their backs. They started that for the away games a few seasons ago and for some reason persist with it. I don't get why they do it. Games in Sydney, they have white numbers, games in Brisbane, they have blue ones. Stupid.

Is this the jersey they'll be playing in for Origin III?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The jerseys looked great imo. As long as they still produce old style jerseys for the fans to buy and let players wear the polymer stuff then I'm fine with it.

Nuke

Staff member
Someone told me last night there was a 3rd jersey they were gonna wear for game 3 in a few weeks - one that isn't as yet available to the general public. I had my doubts (why would they really?!), but just thought I'd mention it here just in case there was some truth behind it.

Red Bear

Referee
maybe commemorating the 97 jersey
paulharragon_narrowweb__300x414,0.jpg

I think not

Patorick

Staff member
Touch of the Devils at Menzies' farewell
John Greco

28 August 2008

THE Sea Eagles will wear a special commemorative Harbord United Devils jersey for their final round premiership match at Brookvale Oval to celebrate the career of Steve Menzies. The altered jumper will carry the Devils - Menzies' junior club - big red V on the sleeves. The Sea Eagles will also wear red and white socks. Monday night's NRL clash against the Titans is Manly's official Brookvale Oval send-off to the champion back-rower. Menzies will play a finals match at Brookvale Oval next month, but Monday night is the chance for the Sea Eagles to honour the departing player. The club have organised a number of tributes on the night which will not be permitted at the NRL-hosted finals match at Brookvale next month. Youngsters wearing Devils jumpers are allowed free entry, along with Harbord Primary School students in their school attire. General admission family tickets have been reduced to $49 and are available through Ticketek.

sting

Bench
got any pics? i played against harbord back in the day and from memory they looked exactly like stgeorge

Latest posts