What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clubs in for 2015

joshreading

Staff member
I read an article - on rlif.com It seemed to indicate there would only be 12 - 14 USARL clubs in 2015. Considering the application from Charlotte it seems the AMNRL clubs could nearly all die.

Any idea on who has applied?

Southhampton, NY Knights and Wildcats all seemed pretty strong when they fielded sides.

Has Charlottle put in an application?

Last edited:

IowaRL

Juniors
I am assuming that that's how many teams they are looking at for the top flight. Some teams may be in the 2nd div comps.

Fatwing15

Juniors
I am not sure who has applied but I think 14 teams would be a good strong number for the top division. 10 teams up north and I'm not sure but I think 4 in the south.

A 10 team northern division would be very strong and I think there would be far less blow out laughers or forfeited/rescheduled games.

Bronco Rob

Juniors

The USARL, which is a not-for-profit Incorporation, is in the process of applying to the US Olympic Committee for National Governing Body status.
"Successful recognition by the USOC will secure our ability to source funding from State and Federal sport agencies and potential sponsors. We also can concentrate on other relationships which are being developed with sport, education and civic agencies for the purpose of funding, promotion, participation and recruitment" continued Illfield.

Had the AMNRL gone through this process? If not then why not? I still can't get over they weren't interested in aligning with the RLEF or would that have meant a lot more transparency or some at all?