What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club's most famous fans

syphon

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
syphon said:
Bob Carr- Wests Tigers

I find it very hard to accept Bob Carr being any kind of sports fan. If he supported a league team, he would know SOO was NSW v Qld, not NSW v Vic......lol
lol, thats what team he claims to follow anyway. whether he could name their fullback is another matter altogether. He jumped right on board the swans bandwagon this year too, mainly for the photo ops mind you.

syphon

Juniors
syphon said:
Susie O'Neill, Keiren Perkins - Brisbane
Ken Arthurson, Wendy Harmer - Manly
Alan Jones, Andrew Denton - Souths
Bob Carr, Michael Clarke - Wests Tigers
Molly Meldrum, Ms.Storm - Storm
i forgot to add steve price - tigers

Red Bear

Referee
Newtown-Frenzal Rhomb
Balmain had Laurie Nichols, he wouldve been their biggest fan.
I'm not sure about the rest.

brook

First Grade
syphon said:
Hollywood Jesus said:
syphon said:
Bob Carr- Wests Tigers

I find it very hard to accept Bob Carr being any kind of sports fan. If he supported a league team, he would know SOO was NSW v Qld, not NSW v Vic......lol
lol, thats what team he claims to follow anyway. whether he could name their fullback is another matter altogether. He jumped right on board the swans bandwagon this year too, mainly for the photo ops mind you.

lol

I'm pretty sure Brogdan claims the tigers too

that would give us both the Premier and the leader of the opposition - the shame!!

within the league/media world ray chesterson is a balmain/sometimes wests tigers fan (like a lot of us he's torn in his feelings towards the jv and dave middleton is also a tigers man

matty johns supported the tiges growing up although of course he's newcastle to the bone now.

of course the great laurie nichols will always be the most famous tigers fan.

syphon

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Newtown-Frenzal Rhomb
Balmain had Laurie Nichols, he wouldve been their biggest fan.
I'm not sure about the rest.
just for you man,

Peter Bosley - Norths

syphon

Juniors
brook said:
Amen. He died just weeks before the JV played their first game didn't he?

He outlived Balmain.

Loved him boxing the air as his boys took the field.

brook

First Grade
The same week as their first game from memory :cry:

I was in hospital at the time and mum wouldn't let anyone tell me the news 'cause she didn't want me upset. she banned everyone from bringing in newspapers so i wouldn't find out that way much to my frustration as not only was I missing the tigers first game but everyone was keeping me away from league news too!

brook

First Grade
syphon said:
brook said:
Amen. He died just weeks before the JV played their first game didn't he?

He outlived Balmain.

Loved him boxing the air as his boys took the field.

and Balmain are still well and truely alive.

Currently producing some tremendous talent too which you'll all hear about in a few years - Laurie would be proud :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who was the punch drunk tiger fan who used to be in crowd shadow boxing every time the Tigers did something good.

He was not a celebrity.................................he was a legend.

King Tigerman

Juniors
carr would go for souths as hes from maroubra if he didnt like things that would make normal people fall asleep

also on laurie nicholls he died on the wednesday night before the 1st game which was on a sunday

Briza

Juniors
During the year that Laurie Passed, I sat next to him on the train from Gosford to Central on numorous occasions - And I gotta say the guy had the Best League brain I have ever come across, and a more passionate bloke you will not find.
He was also helping Kostya Tzu train, both Nationally and Over-Seas.

A True Legend!!.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Briza said:
During the year that Laurie Passed, I sat next to him on the train from Gosford to Central on numorous occasions - And I gotta say the guy had the Best League brain I have ever come across, and a more passionate bloke you will not find.

A True Legend!!.
Thats my goal to be manlys laurie nichols :)

nicko18

Juniors
CliffyGC said:
Briza said:

A True Legend!!.
Thats my goal to be manlys laurie nichols :)

hey mate, i notice you are on brookvale hill and probably part of the cheer squad. What's your first name, and more importantly, which flag do you own? i used to go up that area a couple of years ago when the Northern Eagles were playing and d a big flag of my own.

You're not that Chris bloke are you with the gigantic flag and the red nut? you will be the next Laurie Nicholls mate :lol:

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Scotty would have to be our most famous supporter alive. Micheal Clarke the celebrity, he will be a big cricket star won us the India one day game.

Crippler

Juniors
Laurie Nichols used to travel with the Kangaroo tours and wore a singlet to some games in england were it was like 5 degrees :)

Best footy fan ever.

SP

Bench
Brett Emerton was a cronulla supporter

i think Harry Kewell supported Cantebury i think

skeepe

Immortal
Kim Beazley was a Newcastle supporter wasn't he? Although I'm pretty sure that was only a "if Johnny does it I'd better do it" thing