What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clubs stripped of points?

DaBulls

Juniors
3 teams were stripped of 5 point due to not having their player registration paperwork into the league. They were warned several times prior to the points being taken away. The teams will forfeit all upcoming matches until paperwork is turned in. The teams are CT Wildcats, D.C. Slayers and NY Raiders. The Wildcats have turned in the paperwork since the ruling and will be playing this weekend. I have not heard about the other 2 teams.

Poul

Juniors
My (unconfirmed) source, says that the Slayers will be forfeiting their game against the Warriors this weekend, with only 15 players having submitted the necessary paper work. It is rumoured that the Slayers may have (played) more than the 3 allowed "foreign" players, and that this may have had something to do with their tardiness. Perhaps someone closer to the action will be able to enlighten us :shock:

DC Slayer

Juniors
In reply to the statements about the Washington Dc Slayers. The Dc Slayers Have played the allotted amount of foreign players. The Dc Slayers have forfeited this weekend’s game due to SLAYER reasons and no other. The Dc Slayers will be at War at the Shore next weekend. They should come away with 2 wins to further help in the push for the playoffs.

I personally think the attacks on the Slayers are coming from a member of a team in the AMNRL that the Slayers beat fairly easily. And I am personally looking for to the day that we get to meet again on the field. See you Soon !!!

Cheers,

Play some footy

Juniors
considering you guys only have 2 wins -

In reply to the statements about the Washington Dc Slayers. The Dc Slayers Have played the allotted amount of foreign players. The Dc Slayers have forfeited this weekend’s game due to SLAYER reasons and no other. The Dc Slayers will be at War at the Shore next weekend. They should come away with 2 wins to further help in the push for the playoffs.

I personally think the attacks on the Slayers are coming from a member of a team in the AMNRL that the Slayers beat fairly easily. And I am personally looking for to the day that we get to meet again on the field. See you Soon !!!

Cheers,

tcc_dc

Juniors
It is laughable for people to claim that DC has more than the allowed players...not once in the past couple years has the Slayers brought over a player from overseas...yet all the other teams do and they are allowed....

there is not one person on the DC team who works/lives in the area for Rugby League....this is their home for work...

tcc

sublime9787

Juniors
wow, i did not even know about this at all. maybe thats why i just got news that we won't be playing this weekend? i was really bummed to hear that we arent playing as i want to play every week, the july 4th week off i just wanted to play. :(

Poul

Juniors
My assessment that the Final 6 for the playoffs was cut and dried at the halfway mark may need some revision, now that it looks like 2 of the teams in contention may be stripped of points. Certainly this makes the Slayers vulnerable, although the Axemen have done them a favour by accounting for the Sharks.
War at the Shore may just live up to its name ;-)

Poul

Juniors
By my reckoning the points table after 6 rounds is as follows:
1. Bulls 30
2. Warriors 30
3. Axemen 21
4. Knights 19
5. Wildcats 14*
6. Sharks 12
7. Eagles 7
8. Slayers 6*
9. Fight 0
10.Raiders -5*

*5 points deducted

With 2 rounds (Slayers and Eagles have a match in hand) to go, I reckon the Eagles could pull off a big surprise and make the playoffs at the expense of both the Sharks and the Slayers by securing maximum points in their games against the Fight and the Raiders, to finish on 17 points. I think the Sharks, unfortunately for them, will not gain any further points in their matches against the Slayers and the Wildcats.The Slayers I believe should get maximum points in their matches against the Sharks and the Eagles. but unless they can spring an upset, or at least get a bonus point against the Bulls, they will remain 1 point adrift of the playoffs. For a season which might have held great promise, it would be trgaic if it ended like this.
I think the Axemen can secure 3rd spot, despite a potential home loss against the Warriors, to finish in front of the Wildcats and the Knights. If the Axemen can do this, they should easily account for whomever finishes in 6th place, at their home ground at UNF. I think that they would then have to face the Warriors again to gain the right to face almost certainly the Bulls in the Championship Final.

deluded pom?

Coach
I see that teams who were due to play on of the sides that are currently "suspended" only get awarded five points with no chance of gaining the extra bonus point that might make the difference between making the top six or not.

Poul

Juniors
I see that teams who were due to play on of the sides that are currently "suspended" only get awarded five points with no chance of gaining the extra bonus point that might make the difference between making the top six or not.

I believe it is 4 points for a win, with an extra bonus point to make 5 points, so no, these teams haven't been disadvantaged.

Play some footy

Juniors
bulls and warriors finish 1 & 2 for sure

jax lose this week but finish with a win to secure 3rd

cats win vs raiders and sharks to secure 4th

knights lose last two vs bulls and warriors but still hold on for 5th

sharks win vs slayers, lose vs cats - but make the playoffs at 6th

slayers don't get in b/c eagles have a favorable schedule playing both the fight and raiders. those 10 points will get them in with even if the slayers beat the sharks and eagles since the finish with the bulls.

By my reckoning the points table after 6 rounds is as follows:
1. Bulls 30
2. Warriors 30
3. Axemen 21
4. Knights 19
5. Wildcats 14*
6. Sharks 12
7. Eagles 7
8. Slayers 6*
9. Fight 0
10.Raiders -5*

*5 points deducted

With 2 rounds (Slayers and Eagles have a match in hand) to go, I reckon the Eagles could pull off a big surprise and make the playoffs at the expense of both the Sharks and the Slayers by securing maximum points in their games against the Fight and the Raiders, to finish on 17 points. I think the Sharks, unfortunately for them, will not gain any further points in their matches against the Slayers and the Wildcats.The Slayers I believe should get maximum points in their matches against the Sharks and the Eagles. but unless they can spring an upset, or at least get a bonus point against the Bulls, they will remain 1 point adrift of the playoffs. For a season which might have held great promise, it would be trgaic if it ended like this.
I think the Axemen can secure 3rd spot, despite a potential home loss against the Warriors, to finish in front of the Wildcats and the Knights. If the Axemen can do this, they should easily account for whomever finishes in 6th place, at their home ground at UNF. I think that they would then have to face the Warriors again to gain the right to face almost certainly the Bulls in the Championship Final.

RhinoCats

Juniors
I still thiunk anyone in the top 5 can win, I spoke with an axemen player yesterday and they are quitely confident of A.) getting a home semi and B.) pulling something off in week 2. The Warriors are favourites, tough draw and they have destroyed all before them, I think the Cats and Knights are in with a better chance than the Bulls, I have been told the game on Friday was semi-final quality, the Bulls have had a dream draw and could get sprung in week 2.

Play some footy

Juniors
no doubt the bulls have had a favorable draw - no New Haven or CT on thier schedule. but they beat Jax quite handedly and if they have a convincing win this weekend vs NY, they will be the team to beat.

New Haven looks quite solid as well. Would be a great Finals Match with them and the Bulls.

With that being said - it would be great to see anyone but the bulls and cats in the GF and with this being footy - anything can happen.

I still thiunk anyone in the top 5 can win, I spoke with an axemen player yesterday and they are quitely confident of A.) getting a home semi and B.) pulling something off in week 2. The Warriors are favourites, tough draw and they have destroyed all before them, I think the Cats and Knights are in with a better chance than the Bulls, I have been told the game on Friday was semi-final quality, the Bulls have had a dream draw and could get sprung in week 2.

Latest posts