What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clubs up in arms over Inglis transfer

Just f*ck off News Limited. Ruining the game completely. I'm sure it's all a coincidence that the Storm and Broncos have dominated the NRL since its inception

MsStorm

Bench
I know that people here hate hearing about how AFL do things - but - when the storm sh*t hit the fan, Eddie had Demitrou on MMM saying that when AFL had the salary cap issues with Carlton they came up with an agreement with the Players Association allowing for pretty much anything goes in relation to third party deals in return for the ability for the AFL to view players tax returns etc. They also had a salary cap amnesty that the NRL couldn't afford to after the stand it has taken with Melbourne.

I'm just saying that the NRL are saying we are already doing all we can in terms of salary cap is sh*t. They need to be pro-active.

From now on any player movement is going to raise suspicion with the 'fans'.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/league-not-the-only-game-to-rort-salary-cap-20100428-tsgj.html

I wouldn't be bothered putting up a link that suggests how a good organisation is run.

Most on here will just ignore it.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I find it a little ironic a Dragons and Roosters fan questioning this whole process after the Dragons were allowed to get gasnier on the cheap and the Roosters, well the less said the better.

We bought Gasnier this season for what is effectively close to a $300,000 contract. ($120,000 for less than half a season). The rest of his contract takes him to $1.2 million over 4 years. By the time it takes him to get up to speed with the NRL we'll only get 4 or 5 useful games out of him this year.

Yeah, we got off real lightly :lol: