What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach drama will make it tough for Eels: Morrison

Morenito

Juniors
eelavation said:
your telling us that they have clauses on their contract...I'm not aware of it.

and what actions are they taking??

They did have clauses in their previous contacts...

Action of heading to the players association to discuss the issue

Morenito

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Just because the players are unhappy with how Brian has been treated doesn't necessarily mean they will have problems with the incoming coach.

I never said they would have problems with the next coach?

Your quoting the wrong person here

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morenito said:
They did have clauses in their previous contacts...

Action of heading to the players association to discuss the issue

ok, well you must know the players then, because rarely does that sort of information come out....as for the meeting, keep watching channel 10 I'm sure they'll give you the heads up in 5 second spurts ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
So outside of the article on Ten News is their any other news on this at all? Something that couild be deemed rather major and concerning the Eels and it isn't front page news already makes me wonder if it is more worried fans making more of it than it is?

Morenito

Juniors
eelavation said:
ok, well you must know the players then, because rarely does that sort of information come out....as for the meeting, keep watching channel 10 I'm sure they'll give you the heads up in 5 second spurts ;-)

I will stay tuned.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
no I'm not helen..don't get overly defensive..

I was simply asking you a question?

Well to me it sounds like you were challenging everything I wrote, and even as I read back i still think that.
The way the question was asked sounded very 'I know what happens and you don't'

The Colonel

Immortal
Morenito said:
I never said they would have problems with the next coach?

Your quoting the wrong person here

No. What I was saying was the players may well be upset with how this has been handled but it doesn't necessarily mean they will leave the club if a new coach comes in. It was inevitable at some stage that Brian would leave or be pushed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Well to me it sounds like you were challenging everything I wrote, and even as I read back i still think that.
The way the question was asked sounded very 'I know what happens and you don't'

Absolutely not..

and I wish I knew everything, but I don't.

Stagger eel

Staff member
not that anyone here gives a sh*t, but I also heard that Newcastle players weren't happy with the decision they made not to renew Hagans contract straight away..

just food for thought, not that it really matters to us.

thedux

Juniors
I think what needs to be said, is that the players must remember that this is a job for them these days just like everyone of us has to live with. Yes, they get better pay; yes, they get more accolades (in a public forum); and yes, they sign contracts, which is not the norm. But essentially they work for a corporation that wants to make money and they, the players, are the main drawcard. But, where does it say that, as employees, they get a say in who their boss might or might not be. I don't, neither does my boss, or his boss. Any player who thinks they are not "working" in a volatile industry is kidding themselves. I haven't heard ONE player say they signed on the proviso that BS be retained for the length of THEIR contract, so why all the whinging and sniping.
Fitzy is an idiot, so why are we all shocked when he does something unconventional...

Stagger eel

Staff member
thedux said:
I think what needs to be said, is that the players must remember that this is a job for them these days just like everyone of us has to live with. Yes, they get better pay; yes, they get more accolades (in a public forum); and yes, they sign contracts, which is not the norm. But essentially they work for a corporation that wants to make money and they, the players, are the main drawcard. But, where does it say that, as employees, they get a say in who their boss might or might not be. I don't, neither does my boss, or his boss. Any player who thinks they are not "working" in a volatile industry is kidding themselves. I haven't heard ONE player say they signed on the proviso that BS be retained for the length of THEIR contract, so why all the whinging and sniping.
Fitzy is an idiot, so why are we all shocked when he does something unconventional...

Absolutely, 100% correct...

now what was your solution again??....

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
So outside of the article on Ten News is their any other news on this at all? Something that couild be deemed rather major and concerning the Eels and it isn't front page news already makes me wonder if it is more worried fans making more of it than it is?

Well the original Morrison article and the very small Ten News story combined are a slight concern.

We'll see how it all pans out.

thedux

Juniors
That we should just wait and see, as should the players. There wasn't this much noise when Gibson or Monie left nor when Cronin was sacked. It seems that our affinity with BS is due to the length of his tenure and that some of the players are unhappy.
I'd be curious to see what people would have written, had the players said the decision was long overdure.

Stagger eel

Staff member
thedux said:
That we should just wait and see, as should the players. There wasn't this much noise when Gibson or Monie left nor when Cronin was sacked. It seems that our affinity with BS is due to the length of his tenure and that some of the players are unhappy.
I'd be curious to see what people would have written, had the players said the decision was long overdure.

so, you'd be happy for a decision to be made at then end of next season??..what do we do in July when we're trying to sign and re-sign players?

strider

Post Whore
the players should just get teh bloody fingers out and win brian a GF so he can retire in peace damnit!

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
the players should just get teh bloody fingers out and win brian a GF so he can retire in peace damnit!

I'll drink to that!!..then again I'll drink to anything, it's so bloody hot right now.

forward pass

Coach
Are you guys referring the sports tonight story last night where they interviewed piggy??

That was pretty interesting stuff !!

Latest posts