What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach drama will make it tough for Eels: Morrison

Morenito

Juniors
eelavation said:
why? and what would you do?

Going by the 5 second story. It said parra players were unhappy by the treatment of Brian.

I doubt simply telling him his contract wont be renewed would cause would make the players so unhappy that they would call a meeting wth players association.

Denis is just a wanker is general, and its got nothing to do with Smiths sacking. The sooner he leaves the club the better off we will be.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morenito said:
Going by the 5 second story. It said parra players were unhappy by the treatment of Brian.

I doubt simply telling him his contract wont be renewed would cause would make the players so unhappy that they would call a meeting wth players association.

Denis is just a wanker is general, and its got nothing to do with Smiths sacking. The sooner he leaves the club the better off we will be.

just a few things.

I didn't know being a wanker meant he couldn't do a good job and since when has brian been sacked? also, the players are contracted to represent the club not the coach.

The Colonel

Immortal
5 second story? The way the media jump on anything to do with Parramatta I'm surprised then that we haven't had a two or three page spread about "Parramatta in Crisis".....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Brian and Dennis don't seem to get along that well do they?

don't you think Brian would of parted long ago if they didn't get along? I have no doubt Brian doesn't like the decision that Dennis and the board made but no one can ever doubt the boards stance to back the coach over the last few years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
5 second story? The way the media jump on anything to do with Parramatta I'm surprised then that we haven't had a two or three page spread about "Parramatta in Crisis".....

still looking for it mate...couldn't find it..

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
don't you think Brian would of parted long ago if they didn't get along? I have no doubt Brian doesn't like the decision that Dennis and the board made but no one can ever doubt the boards stance to back the coach over the last few years.

I didn't say they didn't get along fullstop and I wasn't talking about the decision to not renew his contract, stop reading into my words. I said:
'Brian and Dennis don't seem to get along that well do they?'

I also wasn't talking about the board, I was talking about Dennis and Brian. Just because the board support Brian doesn't mean that he and Fitzy are best buddies and in actual fact I know that their ideas have clashed on more than one occaision.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
should Smith go they may too

thought that would be fairly obvious

I don't know of any that do have a clause but I'm sure that clauses are universal accross the NRL..when the last player other than Kimmorely who has taken up a clause due to a coach leaving??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
I also wasn't talking about the board, I was talking about Dennis and Brian. Just because the board support Brian doesn't mean that he and Fitzy are best buddies and in actual fact I know that their ideas have clashed on more than one occaision.

yes! and Dennis has clashed everyone, including his own board....

Morenito

Juniors
eelavation said:
just a few things.

I didn't know being a wanker meant he couldn't do a good job and since when has brian been sacked? also, the players are contracted to represent the club not the coach.

Making the players happy i would have thought would be a priority? The players are not robots who just signed a contract with the club. Its pretty obvious the current players respect Smith very highly, hence the action they are taking.

Didnt say being a wanker meant he doesnt do a good job. Somebody could be very good at their job but doesnt mean they arnt a wanker. They are possibly the biggest dropkick in the world.
Fitzgerald could perhaps be one of these people. But like many people i have no respect for the guy, his opinionated thoughts are rubbish and its pretty clear his only thoughts are on himself and the $$ signs. While we the fans come second.

yes he backed Smith for all those years but its no coincidence that some players had clauses in their contracts invloving Smith at the time. In those circumstances who would of sacked Smith, with the risk that Hindmarsh or a Cayless could just leave.

shiftysmith

Juniors
Morenito said:
Making the players happy i would have thought would be a priority? exactly right.ok they can not run the club but as i mentioned in an earlier post if your not willing to play for your coach to a certain degree you will never be a premiership side anyone who has played sport at ahigh level will understand this..

The Colonel

Immortal
Morenito said:
Making the players happy i would have thought would be a priority? The players are not robots who just signed a contract with the club. Its pretty obvious the current players respect Smith very highly, hence the action they are taking.

Didnt say being a wanker meant he doesnt do a good job. Somebody could be very good at their job but doesnt mean they arnt a wanker. They are possibly the biggest dropkick in the world.
Fitzgerald could perhaps be one of these people. But like many people i have no respect for the guy, his opinionated thoughts are rubbish and its pretty clear his only thoughts are on himself and the $$ signs. While we the fans come second.

yes he backed Smith for all those years but its no coincidence that some players had clauses in their contracts invloving Smith at the time. In those circumstances who would of sacked Smith, with the risk that Hindmarsh or a Cayless could just leave.

Just because the players are unhappy with how Brian has been treated doesn't necessarily mean they will have problems with the incoming coach.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morenito said:

your telling us that they have clauses on their contract...I'm not aware of it.

and what actions are they taking??

Latest posts