What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Lomax is definitely not worth the $700k or $800k or $650k or whatever it is he is rumored to be on. $400k would be generous. I've seen plenty of games where he has been outplayed by the opposition centre, some of whom have been no-name hacks. Can Flanno turn him into a $700k centre? I seriously doubt it. Not too fussed whether he stays or goes.

st.phil

Bench
Look at flegg and nsw cup … they are trending up and players giving their all compared to the first grade squad of bitches and overpaid show ponies. Flanno needs to clear the decks, invest in the juniors and if you’re a first grader angling at a release , make it happen , move them on - Sua hunt lomax … WHOEVER … we need players who believe and want to be there, not those listening to their managers BS

BLM01

First Grade
Good for him, he had a few mates lined up for a job on his support staff. Hardly a ringing endorsement to show he actually cares about doing well in the new job.

Working on us in his spare time won't bring us up to speed, he only has 3 years in the job and by putting his attention elsewhere for now, then those 3 years may be all he gets.

He has shown in the past as a list manager he wasn't able to recruit players and as an assistant to Mary that he didn't have the tactical knowledge to improve the squad and the onfield results.

He has a massive job and clearly is underestimating the task at hand.
What about tapping players on the shoulder is that enough to show he cares and under-estimating his job?
Why are you judging him when he was not in charge and had one year in list management (reporting to Hook / Haran ) with staff in place he did not put in where our cap is a mess. What could he do in that time. No wonder he left

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Never liked Flanno cause I guess he was a sharks coach. But his ruthlessness and his attitude to want to win I always liked. He may not be a media loved coach like bellyache or sticky or Des but he is what we need right now. I was thinking if we had Mary or anyone else on board as coach with the hunt situation we would have let hunt go and probably paying him to play elsewhere cause we would be scared of what may happen or we should follow the media idea of letting poor Benny go cause he is home sick. Not with Flanno he will only let him go if he is winning caise he holds the Royal Flush hand in negotiations

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What about tapping players on the shoulder is that enough to show he cares and under-estimating his job?
Why are you judging him when he was not in charge and had one year in list management (reporting to Hook / Haran ) with staff in place he did not put in where our cap is a mess. What could he do in that time. No wonder he left
All good mate, time will tell as to how he goes as head coach and excuses will run out eventually too.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Never liked Flanno cause I guess he was a sharks coach. But his ruthlessness and his attitude to want to win I always liked. He may not be a media loved coach like bellyache or sticky or Des but he is what we need right now. I was thinking if we had Mary or anyone else on board as coach with the hunt situation we would have let hunt go and probably paying him to play elsewhere cause we would be scared of what may happen or we should follow the media idea of letting poor Benny go cause he is home sick. Not with Flanno he will only let him go if he is winning caise he holds the Royal Flush hand in negotiations
He was a Saint before anything else and was one tough individual

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I have no issue with the team letting Lomax go. But what’s the plan going forward? Who are they going to replace him with? That’s the part I’m interested in. If you’re letting him go for the other Feagai brother, then f**k me we are up shit creek.
Do you think Bennett or Bellamy worry about finding a right centre?

With the right structure and coaching there are litterally hundreds of options. Bennett is doing better with Aitkin and Brenko Lee than we are with our expensive "stars". Bellamy has two that were no-ones before they became part of a good system.

Flanno will be very confident of finding someone who can do the job for half the price of Lomax.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Do you think Bennett or Bellamy worry about finding a right centre?

With the right structure and coaching there are litterally hundreds of options. Bennett is doing better with Aitkin and Brenko Lee than we are with our expensive "stars". Bellamy has two that were no-ones before they became part of a good system.

Flanno will be very confident of finding someone who can do the job for half the price of Lomax.
Hope so. I don’t like any of the current options we have at the club to be honest.