What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

St Tangles

Bench
God what games are you watching? Su’a has been regularly one of our better players. Easily the best recruitment during the last 3 crappy years. He’s been stuck in the middle of a powder puff forward pack and running off a halfback with no idea how to organise our attack following Griffin’s outdated Griffinball game plans. He‘s actually scored a few tries late in games to get us back in the game. Then of course they blow it afterwards.
Only thing that concerns me with Su"a is he misses games

If both he and JDB were playing I think we win a few of the last 5 games

st.phil

Bench
Think Molo is on a reported 600k as well, and Su'a was 650k or something like that. Those are the figures reported. Molo's a good bench prop but probably worth about 400k, and Su'a, whilst a good player for us is probably around the 500-550k mark in my opinion. He isn't elite and rarely changes a game. Good player to have don't get me wrong, but he's a luxury to have, not a necessity in turning games.
Su'a 550 and Molo 500 were the initial figures posted - online journo's love to play with the figures. Both have had their moments but overall not top tier recruits... Su'a has the potential to be but can find an injury

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Su'a 550 and Molo 500 were the initial figures posted - online journo's love to play with the figures. Both have had their moments but overall not top tier recruits... Su'a has the potential to be but can find an injury
Su'a has been great but can find an injury or suspension. 31 games in 2 seasons. We need a guy that can average more than 15.5 games a season. Hopefully next season he can stay at least injury free. I would wrap this guy in cotton wool over the pre season.

Being a red v player, suspensions are pretty hard to avoid as they need to be extra careful in every tackle so he would be lucky to escape a suspension or 2, hopefully they will only be fines or a week out.

Parko1310

Juniors
God what games are you watching? Su’a has been regularly one of our better players. Easily the best recruitment during the last 3 crappy years. He’s been stuck in the middle of a powder puff forward pack and running off a halfback with no idea how to organise our attack following Griffin’s outdated Griffinball game plans. He‘s actually scored a few tries late in games to get us back in the game. Then of course they blow it afterwards.
I completely agree he has been and is one of our better players. But we're not a very good team at all. His actual output is not that of an elite second rower. Very good player I have no doubt, just slightly overpaid is all. My main point was that these slight 100-150k overpayments to players cost us dearly. Think if Bird, Su'a, Molo were on closer to their real value. That saves you enough money to go out and buy a top tier prop, second-rower or hooker. What shits me with Bird especially is that no one else apart from the Tigers wanted him when he last came off contract. Then they dropped out of the race. And we still overpaid... sheer incompetence

Dragon David

First Grade
Is Flanno thinking of playing Lomax at fullback? I’d rather see him stay at centre. I know he’s a strong defender and can catch a high ball but he hasn’t got the pace to create anything in attack. If Sloan had a defensive game we could use him in the way the Donkeys use Walsh to create an overlap with his pace.
Well, I hope that what you say will happen and that Flanagan will do his best to ensure that Tyrell gets the full treatment in the off season to build up, get stronger and be psyched up to be a better defender.

Phantom V

Juniors
Well, I hope that what you say will happen and that Flanagan will do his best to ensure that Tyrell gets the full treatment in the off season to build up, get stronger and be psyched up to be a better defender.
Same here DD. I’m psyched that we have 2 gun trainers coming onboard so hopefully between them and the new coaching staff, we will see a vast improvement in his game.

Dragon David

First Grade
Same here DD. I’m psyched that we have 2 gun trainers coming onboard so hopefully between them and the new coaching staff, we will see a vast improvement in his game.
These "new" guys, who were here before with Bennett I think, will be great for the NRL squad as well as the lower grades. If our guys can get much fitter without overdoing it like they reportedly are at the Bulldogs, and get more speed into what they do in attack and defence, then we have greater chances in 2024 to win more games as we have gone close in many this year and needed this extra benefit.

While it helps to have several big name players in the squad, it doesn't help much if the squad is not trained, coached, developed properly. Again, take the Bulldogs for instance.

Flanagans aim therefore would be to get whoever we have on board in 2024 to be primed and ready for a full year of tough competition and the rewards will come. It would be good if we had a Ben Barba and an Andrew Fifita to run the backs and the forwards respectively like Flanagan had in 2016.

Old Timer

Coach
Believe it or not both Su'a and Molo were Queensland Origin players before they joined us. Obviously they quickly declined under Griffin, but that doesn't change the fact we had to pay accordingly for that type of player. I think Molo has been pretty good lately though and Su'a almost instantly found his best form again after Hook was punted. I reckon they could feasibly play Origin again
The following clearly shows Sua he was at Souths when he fell out of favor with the Qld selectors.

Personal information
Playing information
Full nameJaydn Su'a
Born23 October 1997 (age 25)
Christchurch, New Zealand[1]
Height188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
Weight100 kg (15 st 10 lb)
PositionSecond-row
Club
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
2016–19Brisbane Broncos311004
2019–21South Sydney5270028
2022–St. George Illawarra3190036
Total114170068
2019–Samoa81004
2020–Queensland40000
Source: [2]
As of 29 June 2023

BLM01

First Grade
Is Flanno thinking of playing Lomax at fullback? I’d rather see him stay at centre. I know he’s a strong defender and can catch a high ball but he hasn’t got the pace to create anything in attack. If Sloan had a defensive game we could use him in the way the Donkeys use Walsh to create an overlap with his pace.
I think it is to put Sloan on notice

maestro1

Bench
Su'a has been great but can find an injury or suspension. 31 games in 2 seasons. We need a guy that can average more than 15.5 games a season. Hopefully next season he can stay at least injury free. I would wrap this guy in cotton wool over the pre season.

Being a red v player, suspensions are pretty hard to avoid as they need to be extra careful in every tackle so he would be lucky to escape a suspension or 2, hopefully they will only be fines or a week out.
One of his injuries was Anzac Day 2022 where JWH hip dropped him and he missed 6 weeks.....and yes, JWH didn't even get penalised, much less suspended or fined. So that is not an injury that 'you find'. It is an injury from foul play.

Victoire

Juniors
The following clearly shows Sua he was at Souths when he fell out of favor with the Qld selectors.

Playing information
Personal information
Full nameJaydn Su'a
Height188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
PositionSecond-row
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Club
Total114170068
2019–Samoa81004
2020–Queensland40000
As of 29 June 2023
The Griffin defender has logged on.

Weird bunch of numbers to post but Sua played for Queensland in 2021 while at Souths. Was not even close to consideration under your shitty old mate

Dragsters

First Grade
When did Slone decide 'I want to be an NRL fullback, without being able to tackle'?

I think he is worth another opportunity at fullback next year after a full off season under Flanno to correct his defensive issues as he offers so much in attack.

I think it will be easier for Flanno to fix Sloan's defensive issues than it will be for him to get Lomax to find the extra pace he would need to succeed and the back...

jay mac

Juniors

Playing information
Personal information
Full nameJaydn Su'a
Height188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
PositionSecond-row
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Representative
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Club
Total114170068
2019–Samoa81004
2020–Queensland40000
As of 29 June 2023
True, QLD got belted 50-6 in game 1 of 2021 series, selectors made a number of changes and he hasn't had a look-in since

Latest posts