What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach

BigBadWilly

Juniors
Guys I am hearing rumours up this way that Bennet may not be coming to Souths and that his son actually wants to come back to Brisbane and in that case he will retire and that we are talking to another high profile coach I wont name his name but I am not real happy about it.

Please tell me its a done deal with Bennett anyone have anything, as after the trial game I am a little down in the dumps.

cleary89

Coach
His son never left Brisbane I'm pretty sure. But yeh, lots of talk about no souths now. I think its between resigning for us, going back to Brisbane or a tiny chance he will go to Newcastle.

boo_boo

Juniors
We need a strong minded coach that will insist on running the team his way.
Whoever that may be is anyones guess but the list of applicants is pretty slim if Bennett's out of the picture.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
His son never left Brisbane I'm pretty sure. But yeh, lots of talk about no souths now. I think its between resigning for us, going back to Brisbane or a tiny chance he will go to Newcastle.

This didn't come from the league circles either it came from a person that spent plenty of time with Justin cant really say more then that that's why I am worried it may have some legs.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
We need a strong minded coach that will insist on running the team his way.
Whoever that may be is anyones guess but the list of applicants is pretty slim if Bennett's out of the picture.

But how strong can you be against a person that is paying you Mega Bucks and has the media at his disposal Crowe likes to own people and lang has never looked that happy at the club who would/could really stand up to him?

boo_boo

Juniors
There's only one bloke for the job & it's up to Rusty to accept that for once he is not Master & Commander.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I'd rather have Bellyache than Sticky. I reckon Bellamy would be a better option than Bennett if Bennett was only to hang around for 2 years. The club needs a broom through it, a new potential long term coach and ceo would be a good start.

Criswell

Juniors
Its odd the whole Bennett family thing.

I seem to remember one of the reasons he came to Sydney in the first place was better "'medical' help for his son.

KKW

Juniors
why doesn't crowe just coach as well. He used to tell mad dog which lines to run at training so he can do the job for sure.:crazy:

cleary89

Coach
Its odd the whole Bennett family thing.

I seem to remember one of the reasons he came to Sydney in the first place was better "'medical' help for his son.

And because his daughter was living in Wollongong. But she is married to Ben Ikin who has taken up employment at the titans.

RAB-161

Juniors
There's only one bloke for the job & it's up to Rusty to accept that for once he is not Master & Commander.
What would you know?
Why not try actually posting something of substance instead of this incessant innuendo about the club's ownership and management.

RAB-161

Juniors
why doesn't crowe just coach as well. He used to tell mad dog which lines to run at training so he can do the job for sure.:crazy:
You're doing it pretty tough for information if you are basing your knowledge on something that Mad Dog MacDougal said on the Footy Show after he had been shown the door at Souths.

boo_boo

Juniors
What would you know?
Why not try actually posting something of substance instead of this incessant innuendo about the club's ownership and management.

Whether you agree with it or not my opinion is just as valid as yours RAB-161.
Rusty told me so.

Latest posts