What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching options...

Father Ted

First Grade
All the available coaches are a gamble . I would choose to wager a year on Brad Arthur /Jason Taylor or both together.. Sheens , Brown , T Smith. Millward, McGregor all give me bad vibes..

Jersey No 14

Juniors
The problem is these clown have dug a hole so deep that nobody can get out so they've self imposed themselves with the fact that ONLY they can get us out of it. But they walk around with those rose coloured glasses on and are totally ignorant to the fact that all this is their doing.
They look to me as if they are so blinded by their own magnificence they do believe they have done nothing at all wrong and its the lack of talent on the field who is to blame.
Look at our roster - Its not that bad - mid table at least.
People might be mate and kiss one anothers ar%e but you've got to be able to coach Which bring me to another fact. I'm sorry but Creagh is not a leader, he never looked like being one in the first place. He's a big unit who can play on a good day - look at his history, but that's where it ends.
There is a catalogue of mis-management, wrong decisions and wrong appointments and until we rectify this cluster-Fu&k nothing is going to get better.
F%&k - we've had a whole season to turn it around only to see it stoop to a historical new low and these people this tomorrow will be a better day.
Imagine this - "We'll show them we've got a whole off-season to get it right - you watch, we'll show 'em"

We have learn't nothing from our mistakes and now look at our position on the table.
infact all that Bennett had instilled in the club has been lost in a very short space of time.
And still these guy believe by their own action they will bring us back to the top.
Price can't coach - his record proves it - sack him.
Doust pretends his the Govener yet most of the recient decisions are his, eg resigning Price - BOARD - Sack Doust too.
There's a series of better coaches looking for work so pick one and away we go
but be no mistake, the sh#tfight that surrounds us all will take years to clear.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
ps I feel sad for the players and the Red V
There is some real good guys out there beating themselves up for OUR cause.
Yet above the Gerenal's and colonial's are letting these guys go to the slaughter.
I wish I could jump the fence and help them. To see this is truly sad.
I never imagined to see the Red V in this state so soon after absolute joy.

I just ask those in charge PLEASE man up - step aside - Stand down, for the betterment of the Red V. I'm sorry, you had a go, but you are just no good.

All the available coaches are a gamble . I would choose to wager a year on Brad Arthur /Jason Taylor or both together.. Sheens , Brown , T Smith. Millward, McGregor all give me bad vibes..

I agree exactly on all the above.

What about Michael Hagan or (is it) Rick Stone - both ex-Knights coachs?

Shulman

Juniors
Seriously though can we blame all this on the coach. This team was on the decline back in mid 2011. We then lost Gasnier and Boyd and purchased nothing. Throw in the moltzin saga. We then expect the players to respect the coach whilst making a play for Bellamy. We then re sign a guy who has no idea after a 1 point win over a depleted tigers

nrlnrl

First Grade
Seriously though can we blame all this on the coach. This team was on the decline back in mid 2011. We then lost Gasnier and Boyd and purchased nothing. Throw in the moltzin saga. We then expect the players to respect the coach whilst making a play for Bellamy. We then re sign a guy who has no idea after a 1 point win over a depleted tigers

The club has massive problems. Can you imagine trying to drum up business for 2014 memberships ? Good luck with that guys !!

The well run clubs juggle the balance of having a successful team now & planning for the future ( no that's not next week or next month, that's 2 or 3 years down the road ).

The current coach is not suited to what's needed at an NRL level & although 2 years mightn't seem long, the attitude of the players is reflected by his approach. ( game plans, team selections etc ). Have a look at the body language of players for the majority of 2013 compared to 2009-2011. It started with self belief & there was an aura about the team.

Time for some tough decisions - don't just give people jobs based on loyalty, they need to have the right assets. No more good blokes !!!

Last edited:
Daniel Anderson has a good record of developing young players. Took the Warriors and Eels to grand finals. He had success in the UK also. He has proven himself at the top level unlike many of the names mentioned.
Left on a sour note from both Parra and the Warriors but so have a few other talented coaches.
I have no idea what the length of his contract is with the NRL as refs coach?

Yeah BO'B, but he hasn't yet been offered the Dragon's gig - that'll change his mind for sure !

Too true! We still have a successful brand thanks to the blood sweat and tears of those of yesteryear. I just hope that displays like last night haven't reduced our marketability with talented prospective players and coaches too badly....

possm

Coach
We need a clean-out at management/board level. After that let the new Board recruit a new CEO and new coaching staff.

As for the best available coach:
1. Henry - 3 years - the best coach available
2. Sheens - 2 years - a very good coach - assistant would have to run the off-season
3. B Smith - 2 years - probably the best available to knock the team into shape
4. Brown - 3 years - is a very good coach and now much more mature
5. Stone - 2 years - I rate him highly and he has had two years under Bennett

No rookies please.

Father Ted

First Grade
We need a clean-out at management/board level. After that let the new Board recruit a new CEO and new coaching staff.

As for the best available coach:
1. Henry - 3 years - the best coach available Best Based on what ? NO..
2. Sheens - 2 years - a very good coach - assistant would have to run the off-season.. NO
3. B Smith - 2 years - probably the best available to knock the team into shape NO Has never won a comp in all the years he's tried.
4. Brown - 3 years - is a very good coach and now much more mature NO Please don't repeat a mistake.
5. Stone - 2 years - I rate him highly and he has had two years under Bennett NO So did Henjak and Price - enough said

No rookies please.