What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching options...

TheRev

First Grade
St phil ur on the money sheens has always been and still is the clubs preferred option as their next coach but im told today that there is interest at board level for Jason Taylor. How much interest is yet to be seen..

(From the insider who has found his niche);-)

JT is the absolute right call, really hope this is true....

jenninga

First Grade
Seriously though can we blame all this on the coach. This team was on the decline back in mid 2011. We then lost Gasnier and Boyd and purchased nothing. Throw in the moltzin saga. We then expect the players to respect the coach whilst making a play for Bellamy. We then re sign a guy who has no idea after a 1 point win over a depleted tigers

Right now it is the coach who is to blame.Last year our defence was quite solid ,this year it has turned to butter.Sure we have played the year without a 6 or 7,but Price's selections have been bewildering.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
St phil ur on the money sheens has always been and still is the clubs preferred option as their next coach but im told today that there is interest at board level for Jason Taylor. How much interest is yet to be seen..

You're at the pub during the day ?
You don't drink with a group of Tigers supporters do you ? :sarcasm:

saint.nick

Coach
I don't mind Henry, but his recent performance kind of contradicts our attitude to Price. We say Price doesn't get the best out of his players, yet Henry couldn't even do the same with a great Cowboys squad this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
first tuesday of every month is golf day with a few of my insider mates. :D

so do we have to wait until October 1 for the next update ? Do you need a caddy ?

Sheens has recently been mentioned as being approached in a director of coaching role. My big concern is that he'll be in World Cup mode until December

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee

I've heard there's been a decent amount of interest in Brad Arthur too, and Brian Smith has been approached...

Has any club in the NRL toyed with the idea of co-coaches? JT is a good attacking coach, Arthur is good on defence, but I doubt either would leave their current clubs for anything less than the top job...

I've heard there's been a decent amount of interest in Brad Arthur too, and Brian Smith has been approached...

Has any club in the NRL toyed with the idea of co-coaches? JT is a good attacking coach, Arthur is good on defence, but I doubt either would leave their current clubs for anything less than the top job...

...I think that we've demonstrated that the Master and Apprentice thing does not work. The master is successful because ...well he IS the master.

...i think we have also demonstrated that promotion from within does not work either - regardless of age.

I hope what we have learnt, is that some-one from 'the outside', who can integrate the positive influences of a proud historic Club to his advantage, and not be governed by the negative ones; someone with strong leadership and football smarts, are the main qualities by which the selection criteria is designed to address.

inside_pass

Bench
...I think that we've demonstrated that the Master and Apprentice thing does not work. The master is successful because ...well he IS the master.

...i think we have also demonstrated that promotion from within does not work either - regardless of age.

I hope what we have learnt, is that some-one from 'the outside', who can integrate the positive influences of a proud historic Club to his advantage, and not be governed by the negative ones; someone with strong leadership and football smarts, are the main qualities by which the selection criteria is designed to address.
Totally agree mate!
Tony Smith sounds like a good option to me.Experienced coach with a good record.

Noa

First Grade

Brad Arthur is also a very good offensive coach as well, his 2009 NYC team played some brilliant football.

young players he had in that team that he developed are Widdop, Luke Kelly, Jesse Bromwich, Justin O'Neill, Kevin Proctor, Robbie Rochow and Jordan McLean. Best NyC team to date BTW.

I hope everyone stays away from him as I want him to replace Bellamy.

Fiery

Juniors
1. Daniel Anderson
2. Brian Smith (I know he isn't very popular but he is an expert at rebuilding shattered teams.)
3. Sheens
4. Tony Smith
5. Jason Taylor

Surely they can get one of them.

blacksafake

First Grade
Taylor will do me but he appears to be head of the list to replace stuart when/if he walks out of parra & the way that the dragons work he'll be long gone by the time they make a decision.Arthur sounds ok as well appears to have a good grasp on the game & most importantly no ties with the club.I don't want smith near the place unless it's tony.