What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
He is a rookie interim head coach for us at the moment but was a full-time head coach for English club, the Featherstone Rovers so he understands what a head coach's role would be and that hopefully he has learned the motivational and management side of things to help the players along.
Precisely DD, figured he had coached in ESL so he is certainly no coaching rookie. Do you happen to know his record with the Rovers.

Exsilium

First Grade
Whispers:

Politis is furious with Ryles for breaking a handshake deal.

They want him to walk away now but don’t want to pay him.

Ryles is the defensive coach, he’s been very ordinary.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact they have changed styles completely.

Ciraldo was the defensive coach at Penrith when Hook was here and we couldn't stop leaking tries. Remember the 14 point omen, once we fell behind, we ran teams down?

I never rated him until both he and Barrett worked together and it just worked. NFI why.

The new wave of NRL coaches need time, we've had so many established coaches and it's time clubs took a chance on the new generation of coaches. Don't expect a bellamy or a bennett. If we don't give them time, clubs will just keep cycling and the stocks will reach rock bottom.

denis preston

First Grade
Personally, I don’t care about the roosters or any of the other non Red’n’Whites. I hope they all implode and come last…… Then we wouldn’t be last!!😀😀 a big win is on the cards tonight. No Ryles for coach, we need to learn that old boys in the driving seat just don’t cut it. Surely we want an experienced coach with runs on the board. Talk of 5yrs for Ryles - an untested coach is ludicrous….unless of course we want to full into another hole after just pulling ourselves out of the one we’ve been in over the last 13 years!
You know 5 years will be conditional? The detail regarding Ryles appointment is not all about the coach but the inclusion of a well functioned support staff in management , pathways , recruitment & coaching.

It’s good to see fans of other clubs taking a keen interest in the coaching developments and accompanying drama at SGI.

The club is in the box seat for Rylesy as we type.

I just hope it doesn’t capitulate to his managers rubbish.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
But what about now ? Makes McGuire look redundant.
What 8 & 3, you’re easily pleased plus 4 top drawer signings that he didn’t have. Madge is a good coach, he would have kept Hastings with those 4 we would easily be in the top 4 or 5. He got offside with a few of the senior players imo, and the club chose the players.

Why is it good? I must admit I find it a bit odd.

Fans from other clubs can become better acquainted with sgi issues, learn stuff and hopefully enjoy the journey.

Helps people compare and contrast with regards to their own clubs circumstances.

That’s how I see it.

A few might adopt you as a second club they like to see prosper. Share the care.

There’s a lot of opportunities on LU to learn about different clubs. So long as the visit is well intended, guests are value.

Latest posts