What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Mjab

Juniors
Our club has been devoid of productive set plays for a long time. The Raiders put one on us today and it was a beauty.

Besides putting more effort into making effective tackles, we should have played to our strengths in attack, even though it is limited, and sent the ball out to the flanks more often than not.

Even though we were well and truly beaten, I wanted to see Ramsey score a treble of tries.

Poor defence and too many mistakes leading to the Raiders spending much of the match at our end of the field laid the foundation for their bustling tries.

I'm glad Ramsey scored, that was our highlight.
Set plays were too hard for Mary to remember

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
They went pretty good but Zac had a bad one this week. This will be better next year but more meat on both. If we get Garrick we have the wingers plus Fengai Schiller. Just need some heavy weight pigs.

Can't see that Garrick will add much to our attack-I would have taken the cash- JAC, Tom Johnstone or Katoni Staggs- yes-Staggs would be a 2022 recruit. But you're right about the forwards BL- we need a big, mean damaging forward like Toby Rudolph desperately.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Cody will kill it on Sunday. My tip, three tries.
It was clear he was going to have great attack but what I wanted to see is if he could handle the defensive side of the game. I was very impressed with his defence vs Newcastle. He will of course still miss tackles on his quest to become a regular first grader but really didn't look out of place and really wraps the players up. He also had some good reads where he went for an intercept to save a try. I can see quite a few full length of the field intercepts in him as a bonus. Something we haven't had for a while.

getsmarty

Immortal
ramsrc1_2620.jpg

TELSTRA TRACKER

Presented By

Stat Attack: Ramsey's efforts give Dragons hope for future
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 1 Oct 2020, 11:01 AM

The Dragons endured a disappointing season but there were enough bright sparks from the emergence of some young talent to provide hope for 2021.

Winger Cody Ramsey made a spectacular entrance to the NRL with two tries on debut in round 18, but Telstra Tracker data shows he also possesses the work ethic to potentially take him to the top.

Ramsey produced 42 high-speed efforts - bursts of 20km/h or more - in St George Illawarra's 30-22 win against Melbourne in round 20.

ttracker-3-high-speed-efforts_20201001.jpg

Not only was that far and away the most of the round, Ramsey drew level with Ryan Papenhuyzen, Clint Gutherson and teammate Jason Saab for the top match-total of the season.

In round 20, he beat Eels fullback Gutherson (33 high-speed efforts), Storm No.1 Papenhuyzen (33), Knights centre Bradman Best (32) and Melbourne winger Sandor Earl (32).

Ramsey also finished third on the weekly leaderboard for most distance covered, with his 9.8km only trailing Sharks five-eighth Connor Tracey (10km) and Dragons teammate Zac Lomax (9.9).

ttracker-1-max-distance_20201001.jpg

Warriors halfback Chanel Harris-Tavita also clocked up 9.8km while Newcastle captain Mitchell Pearce finished with 9.6km.

Cowboys dynamo Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow was the fastest man of the last round having reached 35.2km/h in a win over the Broncos.

ttracker-2-max-speed_20201001.jpg

St George Illawarra custodian Matt Dufty (34.8km/h), Brisbane winger Xavier Coates (34.2), Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses (34) and Rabbitohs flyer Alex Johnston 33.9 completed the top five.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/01/stat-attack-ramseys-efforts-give-dragons-hope-for-future/

BLM01

First Grade
While ever Dufty is playing well, I'd go for Ramsey and Schiller as our wingers.
Schiller is best suited as a fullback and / or to left centre not wing or buy his time in reggies. We have Rav on one wing if you want to put Cody on the other wing

possm

Coach
I admit I havent read a single post on this thread but Cody Ramsey is a 2021 superstar for us, we have to have a spot for him from round 1 or we are fools.
Depending on what happen during off-season training and trial games, Ramsey will eithr hold the right wing sport or be our fullback.

possm

Coach
Schiller is best suited as a fullback and / or to left centre not wing or buy his time in reggies. We have Rav on one wing if you want to put Cody on the other wing
Max Feagai is on his way to becoming our regular left centre. In my opinion, if Schiller can play fullback he can play wing. He has the size speed and agility to do well. I believe at this stage in time, Griffin would have Dufty at fullback and Ramsey on the right wing. He will be looking to confirm these thoughts during the off-season. If Ramsey happens to be promoted to fullback, then yes Ravalawa would be next in line to grab the right wing spot.

BLM01

First Grade
Max Feagai is on his way to becoming our regular left centre. In my opinion, if Schiller can play fullback he can play wing. He has the size speed and agility to do well. I believe at this stage in time, Griffin would have Dufty at fullback and Ramsey on the right wing. He will be looking to confirm these thoughts during the off-season. If Ramsey happens to be promoted to fullback, then yes Ravalawa would be next in line to grab the right wing spot.
Buckleys of even any of that happening
My back 3 to start 21 . Dufty, Rav & Cody, although I think Periera will still get the nod
I can see Bird playing centre but happy to give the Feagai Bro a go but Williame might have something to seay about that in pre-season or trials
Schiller and Feagai's need more time in reggies..putting pressure on Dufty and all backs
..forget about Schiller playing bloody wing in 1sts if all are fit...Rav is streets ahead of him for wing

possm

Coach
My back 3 to start 21 . Dufty, Rav & Cody, although I think Periera will still get the nod
I can see Bird playing centre but happy to give the Feagai Bro a go but Williame might have something to seay about that in pre-season or trials
Schiller and Feagai's need more time in reggies..putting pressure on Dufty and all backs
..forget about Schiller playing bloody wing in 1sts if all are fit...Rav is streets ahead of him for wing
I imagine you would have thought the same about Ramsey until he lit things up late last season. I doubt that anyone would pick Ravalawa over Ramsey now. Ramsey is a fullback just like Schiller and yet he is our right winger.

I'm tipping fullback Schiller to make his first grade debut on the wing as well. Along with the Feagai brothers we have a couple more young backs coming through as well.

BLM01

First Grade
I imagine you would have thought the same about Ramsey until he lit things up late last season. I doubt that anyone would pick Ravalawa over Ramsey now. Ramsey is a fullback just like Schiller and yet he is our right winger.

I'm tipping fullback Schiller to make his first grade debut on the wing as well. Along with the Feagai brothers we have a couple more young backs coming through as well.
Wrong again..I ddi not think that cause I knew Ramsay started as a winger and then filled in at fullback in Under 20's which he did admirably.
And dont be so sure Cody too might have to start the year in reggies...just maybe (on the wing too)
but the backs we have coming through is exciting and would likely be reggies players until their time comes to shine
1. Schiller. 2 Ramsay if promoted for Periera. Saab or Sloan 3. Feagai. 4.SSE 5. Feagai. 6 Sullivan 7.Amone

Crush

Coach
I can't see Pereria ever playing NRL again unless injuries.
Reserve grader.

BLM01

First Grade
I can't see Pereria ever playing NRL again unless injuries.
Reserve grader.
You may be right..its over to Hook to make that decision now but for todays boring 1st 3 plays from the back we only have 2 sort of powerhouses to ruck it out. Rav & Periera

Reactions: jak

Drakon

Juniors
You may be right..its over to Hook to make that decision now but for todays boring 1st 3 plays from the back we only have 2 sort of powerhouses to ruck it out. Rav & Periera

Matey, respectfully, its Pereira and Ramsey.

Latest posts