What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coe = Prince is biggest diver in NRL

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I think there should be penalties for diving.

Archer is so soft.Too easy to snag a penalty.

The problem with just penalties is its hard to tell without going to the video ref every otherminute

post-game reviews would be the only way to really stop it, without turning the game into a farce imo

Tom Ace

Bench
Semi finals and we are talking about this, FFS.

Hypothetical - there is 1 minute to go, you are trailing by four in the major semi. It's the 5th tackle. You cart the ball up, you get hit across the face, nothing malicious, but you are hit with a swinging arm.

Do you:

1 - Stay down even though you can get up, and get a penalty and another set of six?
2 - Get up and play the ball knowing that one more tackle and you are done and dusted for the season?

Anyone who chooses option two is f**king geniused.

Wake up and smell the coffee, FFS. It is not rocket science.

kevthumb.gif

hellteam

First Grade
PS: If you get hit across the face, it is meant to be a penalty.

Why should the player NOT be penalised, just because the ref misses it? Get f**ked. You stay down and get the rightful penalty. Anyone who wouldn't is an imbecile and a complete liar.

I think most people here understand that (about Prince's hit), because he did get high tackled definitely.... but the fact is Carney did not get hit in the head, it did not deserve a penalty, and Anasta's act of laying down so the video ref looked at it was just disgraceful.

boxhead

First Grade
It was as late as matai's on Emmys, except prince didn't try and take his head off.

You are niave if you think prince didn't know what he was doing. He is a smart player and saw a chance to rough up our star play maker. Most players would have taken it, but it is still a penalty

Are you serious? Prince was a micro-second late, and was doing something that happens every game of the year. If you think Prince was intentionally trying to 'rough up' Carney with a shoulder charge he couldn't pull out of, you need to take off the glasses mate. I am sorry to say it, but that is very wrong.
It wasn't a penalty any other game of the year, was it? Ridiculous decision that coincidentally led to a Roosters try.

thats why its so bad. gets tackled, yelling at the ref pointing at carney. decides not to get up.

biggest dog.

I like Anasta, I never understood why people hate him so much, he seems like a genuinely good guy and captain; that showed me why.....I still respect him though.

Semi finals and we are talking about this, FFS.

Hypothetical - there is 1 minute to go, you are trailing by four in the major semi. It's the 5th tackle. You cart the ball up, you get hit across the face, nothing malicious, but you are hit with a swinging arm.

Do you:

1 - Stay down even though you can get up, and get a penalty and another set of six?
2 - Get up and play the ball knowing that one more tackle and you are done and dusted for the season?

Anyone who chooses option two is f**king geniused.

Wake up and smell the coffee, FFS. It is not rocket science.

I definitely agree, I don't like the concept of 'diving' but it is what happens.

PS: If you get hit across the face, it is meant to be a penalty.

Why should the player NOT be penalised, just because the ref misses it? Get f**ked. You stay down and get the rightful penalty. Anyone who wouldn't is an imbecile and a complete liar.

I don't understand why people bag Prince more than Carney or Anasta when Prince was actually hit by a swinging arm, something that is penalised every game of the year. Carney and Anasta are both great players, great blokes and I deeply respect them, but their dives were much worse.

Look diving is bad, but there are far worse issues going on at the moment that we should pay more attention to.....

adamkungl

Immortal
Wouldn't be an issue if the twat in pink wasn't guaranteed to award a gutless weak penalty every time...

Apey

Staff member
What prince did would have winded carney, getting hit late after a pass tends to mean you aren't braced for it, and has been a penalty all year (hark back to the roosters dogs game where JWH was penalized for tackling a bloke off the ball)

How would he get winded?

There was "no real contact" :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think there should be penalties for diving.

Archer is so soft.Too easy to snag a penalty.

Absolutely spot on. I was filthy earlier in the year when vidot did it, disgraceful. Should be a conduct charge for obvious ones like Anasta. I have no issue with carney but you simply can't justify Anasta's conduct. tje dog actually pointed to the ref re carney and then layed down like the weak pricked he is

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In soccer a yellow card can be issued for diving. I think that maybe a use of the sin bin for anything outrageously obvious and anything that is picked up by the match review committee can pick up suspensions.

Glen

Bench
It's such a grey area though. There aren't many where you can say for sure that a player is faking. Even when everyone can see what's going on, a player can still argue that he was a bit dazed, winded or whatever if there's a suspension on the line.

Anasta's was pretty bad though, should be a contrary conduct charge but no chance of that happening

Meth

Staff member
It's such a grey area though. There aren't many where you can say for sure that a player is faking. Even when everyone can see what's going on, a player can still argue that he was a bit dazed, winded or whatever if there's a suspension on the line.

Anasta's was pretty bad though, should be a contrary conduct charge but no chance of that happening

That's the problem with diving- all of a sudden, everybody is a suspect.

To be honest, if we are talking about Prince going down to Carney's 'swinging arm', U didn't think it was a dive. Nothing too much in it, but you can see why Prince may have been a bit dazed

Ideally, it would be great if there was a code of honesty and a player's team mates were just as condemning as their opponents if they dive

20knights10

Juniors
Everyone needs to get a grip on reality.

All players will stay down if it means some advantage in term of a penalty.

There was a furore over the soccer world cup but 'diving' is equally common place in the NRL and frankly I have no issue with it.

If you get hit accross the chops stay down and wait for the officials to have a look. All players in all clubs do it. It is a fact of life and we all need to accept that is the way it is.
This is not the time or the place for sensibility. Keep that stuff away from these message boards before they get an undeserved reputation!