What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

it is only a game at the end of the day ..so of course that’s unlikely …

it might give them something to appreciate though …must be tough going… living over there compared with our lives
Eighty-seven percent of them don't have access to reliable electricity.

All games are pay walled on Digicel. A Digicel subscription costs about $80 per month. The GDP per capita is under $4,000.

How many of them will be able to watch the team play on TV?

They run the game Donks, it is what it is. I had to put up with Ken Arthurson for years.
Which is why it's hard to follow the game these days.

How can I get excited about a product that's run by insular old dickheads from Sydney who couldn't give a f**k about the game anywhere else?

They'll always put their interests ahead of the good of the game. It's how Super League came about. Of course the biggest whingers from the Super League era were the most narrowminded and corrupt bastards who didn't like it that they didn't get their way for once.

Santino Patane

Juniors
I think they can be similar just with different main colours.eg png mostly yellow with accents of red and black. .
Perth more equal red and black with white and accents of old gold.
dolphins to stick with their home colours.

View attachment 91322
View attachment 91323
View attachment 91324
Yep, makes sense. I hope they all have some solid away jerseys and not just yet another white kit. I’m actually keen to see a three contrasting kit setup happen in the comp- like a Home, Away, Alternative as a base and (f**k it) throw the heritage, indigenous, city jerseys on top of that too. Never too many jerseys IMO!!

I’m just coming back from watching the Falcons v Hunters game in the QCup, and the PNG existing kit looks even better in the flesh. Unique, but still very rugby league. On a side note, there were heaps of PNG fans there and were probably the best opposition fans I’ve come across, despite what others say on this website.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 2

Vlad59

Bench
Yep, makes sense. I hope they all have some solid away jerseys and not just yet another white kit. I’m actually keen to see a three contrasting kit setup happen in the comp- like a Home, Away, Alternative as a base and (f**k it) throw the heritage, indigenous, city jerseys on top of that too. Never too many jerseys IMO!!

I’m just coming back from watching the Falcons v Hunters game in the QCup, and the PNG existing kit looks even better in the flesh. Unique, but still very rugby league. On a side note, there were heaps of PNG fans there and were probably the best opposition fans I’ve come across, despite what others say on this website.
Ugly score though

Wb1234

Referee
Where’s all the bigmouths who said png was no chance gone ?

600 million dollars and players not paying tax

ong have the highest after tax salary cap in the league

Wb1234

Referee
On an income of 1.5 million pa they would pay 645k in tax playing for an Australian club

attracting the elite players will be easy

and they can offer average players less than Australian clubs given the tax savings

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Where’s all the bigmouths who said png was no chance gone ?

600 million dollars and players not paying tax

ong have the highest after tax salary cap in the league
No one said that. What was said was pelicans like you went off half cocked.

I assume you'll be jumping ship from the swans to this mob?....at least until the swans are in the flag final again

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
On an income of 1.5 million pa they would pay 645k in tax playing for an Australian club

and they can offer average players less than Australian clubs given the tax savings
We'll see how easy it will be. Not everyone is a whorebag like you.

Perth Red

Post Whore

If they are paying that much they need to get a better accountant and financial advisor!