What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffs Harbour sex scandal revisited - Stateline NSW

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
griff said:
And sex with 4 of them a couple of nights earlier.

It is just an inference based on knowing football players and knowing people that make vexatious rape claims. Are there any other more likely reasons why she would suddenly cry rape?

Because making inferences is the way to build a case. FFS mate, drop it.

griff said:
I told you, Roy Masters' new book.
So Roy Masters knows better than the police?

:roll:

What's next?

Timmah

Staff member
innsaneink said:
So....page and para number.

What ink said. If you're going to source on something as significant as this - do it properly.

griff

Bench
Timmah said:
Because making inferences is the way to build a case. FFS mate, drop it.

So Roy Masters knows better than the police?

:roll:

What's next?

I'm not building a case, I'm talking on a forum. There was no case to make, because as I keep saying there was no rape. That doesn't mean that a number of Bulldogs players didn't have sex with her.

If you read the book, you would see Roy Masters hasn't said anything that contradicts what McEvoy has said at all - in fact McEvoy is one of his main sources.

innsaneink, pp 78-82

Timmah

Staff member
griff said:
I'm not building a case, I'm talking on a forum. There was no case to make, because as I keep saying there was no rape. That doesn't mean that a number of Bulldogs players didn't have sex with her.

If you read the book, you would see Roy Masters hasn't said anything that contradicts what McEvoy has said at all - in fact McEvoy is one of his main sources.

innsaneink, pp 78-82

And pray tell, why is it important if Bulldogs players did or did not have sex with a woman?

What business of that is yours? Why is it a topic of discussion. If nothing illegal occured then why is any of this an issue?

griff

Bench
Because they are public figures and if it comes out that they acted in a way that is outside of generally accepted public standards of behaviour, then that will of course be seen as unacceptable by the general public and the media.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
griff said:
And sex with 4 of them a couple of nights earlier.
So what. People have consensual sex all the time. Anyway where did you get this information from. You have to provide sources.

It is just an inference based on knowing football players and knowing people that make vexatious rape claims. Are there any other more likely reasons why she would suddenly cry rape?

So she wasn't told to 'bugger off' then. Who knows why she made her allegation. All I know is there is no evidence to support it. End of story.

I am more interested in the role of certain senior police in all this.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Griff said:
Because they are public figures and if it comes out that they acted in a way that is outside of generally accepted public standards of behaviour, then that will of course be seen as unacceptable by the general public and the media.

So now it's a case of alleged poor etiquette.

griff

Bench
gunnamatta bay said:
So she wasn't told to 'bugger off' then. Who knows why she made her allegation. All I know is there is no evidence to support it. End of story.
End of the criminal investigation, but not end of the story.

Just because some behaviour isn't illegal doesn't stop making it a story.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
griff said:

I agree Griff this story is far from over. It has just entered a new phase and legitimate questions have been asked. The real victims need closure. Their stories need to be told. As is the case with ex Det Sgt McEvoy.

A couple of very senior cops have some questions to asnwer too. I hope Noad stays on their case.

griff

Bench
Yes, since it was such a big story there was a lot of pressure on the police to get a result even when it should have been immediately obvious there was no possibility of a conviction.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
griff said:
Yes, since it was such a big story there was a lot of pressure on the police to get a result even when it should have been immediately obvious there was no possibility of a conviction.

McEvoy saw there was no case, the dpp saw there was no case but some senior police, for whatever reason, were not happy.

Another issue is the leaking of confidential information directly from the police computer COPS system. A criminal offence. They would have to know who accessed it.

Two years later and no action.

mattyg

Bench
Its about time the truth came out to the public.

Anyone with a set top box, ABC 2 has a replay of the Stateline show again at 2pm i think.

Timmah

Staff member
griff said:

A story no-one has a right to. You have as much right to know what happened in 2004 as I do to know what you did last Friday night.

You should be directing your enquiries and allegations at the person/s responsible for leaking the information. It's not a Bulldogs issue any more aside from the fact the initial investigation was into their club and it's players.

Woods99

Juniors
From all available accounts, including the Stateline story, *edit*

Having sex, consensual or otherwise, in a public space at a 5 star hotel is grubby behaviour.

Having sex, consensual or not, with a woman who has mental or emotional problems is also grubby behaviour.

Timmah

Staff member
Woods99 said:
From all available accounts, including the Stateline story, *edit*

Having sex, consensual or otherwise, in a public space at a 5 star hotel is grubby behaviour.

Having sex, consensual or not, with a woman who has mental or emotional problems is also grubby behaviour.

You are ignorant and stupid.

Making assumptions based on the extremely sketchy rumours and 'details' you've heard is beyond idiotic. What people do within the law in their spare time is none of your business. What part of that do you fail to understand? It is not your place to make these judgements.

mattyg

Bench
I find it hard to believe that people can still think she may have been raped. 12 eye witness accounts backing up EXACTLY what the 4 bulldogs players told police just hours after the incident occured. The players would of had no time to collaberate at all, and all their statements told the same story, while the girl changed her story countless times.

Who cares whether or not it was grubby behaviour. The girl was not raped and that is what tag we have to wear. I wish this story could be run on 7, 9 and 10 news as the lead story one night, just so the majority of the public can see the true story.

Timmah

Staff member
matty, the damage has been done mate... there are many, many people out there who will simply never want to believe the truth. We just have to live with it.

mattyg

Bench
yep i know. Some people will never see the full story, it would be great if other league fans would though. It would be awesome if we sued Breton and Hadley or something. What they done to our club is beyond repair. And it being over something that we are innocent of. I'm so fired up for tonight now.

Timmah

Staff member
If they know anything, it'll be something to play for... more retribution :D

Nathan B

Juniors
Timmah said:
matty, the damage has been done mate... there are many, many people out there who will simply never want to believe the truth. We just have to live with it.

Oh, deep down they know the truth - no doubt about that. They just don't have the balls to admit it.

They've resorted to calling us inappropriate grubs. Whatever makes them sleep at night, I suppose.