What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Col thread?

Stagger eel

Staff member
testeagles said:
sounds like newtown jets board have taken the soft approach and let the roosters dictate terms!

it happened within!! ;-) ...Ask Bumper Dwyer what happened???

Stagger eel

Staff member
newtownbluebags said:
Parramatta in any form whatsoever is in my books laying down with the devil, crucify me for saying that but thats how much I dislike anything relevant OR pertaining to THAT club!
Newtown to the death!

you poor little thing,

was it the 1981 grand final or the 2005 semi that tipped you over the edge??

2 True Blues

Coach
When you have a coach with experience, history and passion for a club, rather than one who is doing a job for money or personal future gain and advancement you have Col MURPHY. Col is not replaceable in any form.

I will always remember him in the middle of the team singing the Mighty mighty Bluebags song, arm in arm with the lads, after we beat St George in the semi final at the SFS. Smiling with pride from ear to ear. Love for his team that cannot be replaced or bought at any price.

Well done Col, and thanks for the memories. They will live with me forever. You are a true legend in every sense and meaning of the word, and a Bluebag thru and thru. Thanks mate !!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
newtownbluebags said:
No it was the eels 0 cowboys 29 that done it for me. The poor old flanney brigade got so close, darn it!

well I still celebrated our wonderful Premier league grand final victory. hope you enjoyed your mad Monday the week before.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Yeah I spent the day replaying "the look" on the face of the paramatta rabble when they realised what happened to the mighty blue and gold army....he he he! outdone by the hillbillies from up north!....what an ignominious end to the, what were they? "dead certs"????

Fanny Batter

Juniors
wot sorta moder8r is bluebag.hes a jets puppet cos he removed all the posts yestrday mornin about col.y do newtown bother wif the disclaimer on there website that links 2 this forum if they sensor it anyway

Bluebag

Juniors
I am disappointed to see Col leave as he has been a faithful servant at Newtown and has been acknowledged by the club for his passion loyalty and devotion many others also share this love without the profile. When Col left to coach at Wests there was no uproar and the club supported his promotion and welcomed his return.

I find it offensive that to have this passion and devotion to our club you have to have an official capacity, there are fans who have been with the club for a lifetime with no recognition and have no less a love for the club. Some are just more high profile.

Unlike prevoius seasons when we stood alone and struggled we have moved to secure the long term viability of the club firstly with the Sharks and now the roosters. May I say at no stage have the Roosters asked us to lose and piece of our identity, as was the demands placed by our former partners. Our determination to preserve our history and build our future is paramount.

To see a loved one leave is sad but the club has been left in a stronger position and for that we thank him as well as the many support staff who have received no credit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
newtownbluebags said:
Yeah I spent the day replaying "the look" on the face of the paramatta rabble when they realised what happened to the mighty blue and gold army....he he he! outdone by the hillbillies from up north!....what an ignominious end to the, what were they? "dead certs"????

I was fine...we'd just nailed you in the pl semi..gee that must of hurt ;-)

so what's it like not even seeing your team win a grand final???..must hurt real bad...anyway of to watch the 1981 gf again

seeya.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Oh I must have hurt your feelings for such a tanty response :-(......Gee the IQ bank must be low over at the EELS room every time you come over here? he, he, he

CYUONTHEHILL

Juniors
eelavation said:
I was fine...we'd just nailed you in the pl semi..gee that must of hurt ;-)

so what's it like not even seeing your team win a grand final???..must hurt real bad...anyway of to watch the 1981 gf again

seeya.

Who is this turkey? what a dips**t

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
When Col left to coach at Wests there was no uproar and the club supported his promotion and welcomed his return.

I find it offensive that to have this passion and devotion to our club you have to have an official capacity, there are fans who have been with the club for a lifetime with no recognition and have no less a love for the club. Some are just more high profile.

theres a diffrence between wen he left 4 wests and now.he chose to go.also i no other ppl go without recognition but theres only 1 col murphy.how can u say fans do more than col has done.its not about love its about wot u do.

y did u sensor the forum.u h8 it wen the rabbitohs had it in for the guys on rabbitohs.com and now u do the same thing here.y r u even moder8r

Henson

Juniors
When i asked the initial question,does Col still coach the Jets little did i know that someone deemed our questioning as unreadable,why was the thread pulled.
and why did it take the Jets so long to issue a press release re his sacking?if u ask me the joints now being run from bondi junction!

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Henson said:
When i asked the initial question,does Col still coach the Jets little did i know that someone deemed our questioning as unreadable,why was the thread pulled.
and why did it take the Jets so long to issue a press release re his sacking?if u ask me the joints now being run from bondi junction!

mayb blubags strings r pulled by bumpergd.the press release delay is hopeless.remember wen the hole easts thing was announced it took weeks 4 a press release 2 come out.by the time it did it was old news