What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Col thread?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Henson said:
When i asked the initial question,does Col still coach the Jets little did i know that someone deemed our questioning as unreadable,why was the thread pulled.
and why did it take the Jets so long to issue a press release re his sacking?if u ask me the joints now being run from bondi junction!

The post that was pulled seemed to be so hot it forced the hand of the powers that be by the looks of it and the "Media Release" came out within hours of it being pulled. Whether the release eminated from Leichhardt or Bondi I dont know?

Jeffles

Bench
I think that last line is getting a bit aranoid newtownbluebags. The press release came from Newtown RLFC. The style of writing is definitely a Newtown RLFC media release.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Yeah but the real stench came in the form of the announcement of the dissolution of the Cronulla partnership only weeks out from the finals! why it couldnt have been kept in the can till the end of the season I dont know? BTW I found out about this weeks before the club announced it thanks to google which says a lot! This is not paranoia just an average blokes observation - terms such as that are usually trundled out to silence opposition,,surely were not going down that track are we????

Jeffles

Bench
The press release re: Cronulla only came out once the NSWRL gave final approval to the deal with the Sydney Roosters. The reports in the Sydney Morning Herald were after the agreement in-principle but before the NSWRL gave final approval.

The reason it was announced at that time was because that was when the deal was sealed.

Henson

Juniors
sounds like they need some media and public relation training at the club,treat people properly especially someone as well liked and popular as Col Murphy,BTW what happened to Phil Sigsworth wasn't he working at the club?

Jeffles

Bench
Phil has been coaching UTS for a few years now and I did see him at the presentation night last week.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Jeffles said:
The press release re: Cronulla only came out once the NSWRL gave final approval to the deal with the Sydney Roosters. The reports in the Sydney Morning Herald were after the agreement in-principle but before the NSWRL gave final approval.

The reason it was announced at that time was because that was when the deal was sealed.

thats just silly.y not tell the fans that a deal is in the worx but hasnt been approved by the nswrl instead of leavin fans in the dark.newtown need a new media policy.the current policy is 'dont respond 2 any concerns' wen it should be 'keep the fans informed so that they dont panic without comprimisin ur club'.new media policy jeffles.

shouldnt the club have someone that can lead from the front rather than going backwards ? liek wot seems to happening with the easts thing ?

im only new hear but it seems that the lacks some direction.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Yeah Bumper Farrell wouldn't have stood for all these manouevers in the dark! He would have broke from the pack and led the way forward!!!! half the wild stories circulating on here, past and present, are down to pure speculation on the part of an ill advised fan base - reason - WE get told NOWT!
BTW - BRING BACK COL!

koslecki

Juniors
not keen on doug, welcome! and why are you not keen on doug??

it seems to me now whats done is done. It was a great era the jets have come through and now you just have to deal with what is done. Its not going to be changed at all. Col has done a fantastic job but I wouldnt speculate on what was done or not done behind closed doors and the conversations that went on in the club. It happens everywhere in league....look at the dragons!

amybe fanny batter and not keen on doug will make a great couple....thats another he could add to the list!

Fanny Batter

Juniors
i rememba on 2sm that doug keen was interviewd in august wen the easts deal 1st happend.he sed that the coach wood b appointed by both clubs but easts wood hav the final say cos ricky stuart has 2 work with the guy.so im noT THAT surprisd that col isnt coach n-e-more.but the jets handled this really bad.obviously no PR training.this is the 21st centry.the club needs more professional ppl 2 do media relations.