What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collis - Officially GONE

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good f**king riddance.

The clean out has only started 2 years late. FMD.

I hope Halatau gets the arse next.

And then Gibbs.

N.C.

Juniors
So you'd rather Ryan in the centres than Ashyford ?

Ashyford can be something special. He is yourg and I can see him getting better. Ryan cannot be more than what he is at the moment. Average footy player. Nothing special.
No you read my mind all wrong, mate.

I was merely following on from a comment about people wanting to see Ryan in the centres not knowing what they're talking about... Apparently he's had some time there. Doesn't make him the best option. But it does make people who reckon he'd be no chance look a little foolish.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
This is my team for next year:

1. Moltzen
2. Tupou
3. Asyford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. A.J Taumata
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Payten
11. Ellis
12. Heighno
13. Fulton

14. Lazarus
15. Gibbs ( Would like to see the Tigers chop him)
16. Davidson
17. Jason Shirnack

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Moltzen is not a fullback.

You're kidding.

Moltzen has been going great guns at fullback for someone new to that position. I reckon he can make it there if given a chance.

Moltz is a hard one to figure out because against the Bunnies he was playing halfback...but playing alot in the centres. He is all over the park.

Liking the team as is with Gallant at the back.

N.C.

Juniors
Not kidding at all. Was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt until I saw his game against the Dragons. Shameful, shameful stuff. Get him into the number seven where he doesn't have to worry so much about kick returns.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Not kidding at all. Was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt until I saw his game against the Dragons. Shameful, shameful stuff. Get him into the number seven where he doesn't have to worry so much about kick returns.

Can you elaborate, which part of his game did you not like ?

N.C.

Juniors
In that game he simply refused to take the ball into the line from a kick return. It became pretty farcical after the first five or six times he did it... Every time he cleaned up a long-range kick he'd hand it over to Ryan or Tuiaki just as the chasers were closing in. Not once did I see him take a tackle from a kick return. Then there was the diabolical misread which lead to a drop-out, and more pressure for our defense.

N.C.

Juniors
Notice there's a bit of a write-up (or talk up, as the case may be) on Ayshford on the Tigers website... "Finding his feet in first grade". Reckon that answers a few questions about plans for Collis' replacement.

nyx

Juniors
Good f**king riddance.

The clean out has only started 2 years late. FMD.

I hope Halatau gets the arse next.

And then Gibbs.
Agreed
How long is Gibbs signed for? I'd hate to think of the overs we're paying for that pillow

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'd like to see for the rest of this year the following backline:

Fullback- Gallant
Wing- Tuiaki & Ryan
Centre- Lawrence & Ayshford
5/8- Marshall
1/2- Moltzen

and let them settle in and see how they go. Obviously Gallant & Ryan would be playing for their positions next year- (Gallant contract extension too).

Next year pressure comes on with Tupou and Taumata coming in.

Looking at that I'd say Rhys Hanbury and Wayde Dunley are looking very surplus to requirements for 2010. I feel sorry Dunley hasnt had a chance but no point staying if he cant get a game. Go elsewhere young man.

tiger_nick

Bench
Notice there's a bit of a write-up (or talk up, as the case may be) on Ayshford on the Tigers website... "Finding his feet in first grade". Reckon that answers a few questions about plans for Collis' replacement.

lol right on cue. we lose a good player but dont worry we have a kid on half his money who will be just as good.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Agreed
How long is Gibbs signed for? I'd hate to think of the overs we're paying for that pillow

Gibbs is signed until end of 2012- great one Teflon and McDonnell- an under performer rewarded with a huge contract extension taking up big chuncks of WT salary cap- now it comes back to bite us on the backside- we're stuck wiht him unless he can be shopped off elsewhere. ESL????

macnaz

Staff member
If Moltzen cant make seven his own im all for dropping him, it seems he is going to be a player who is fair in a few position but will never be great in any. Im over the days of just finding someone a position because he is fair player and tries hard.

nyx

Juniors
gibbs is signed until end of 2012- great one teflon and mcdonnell- an under performer rewarded with a huge contract extension taking up big chuncks of wt salary cap- now it comes back to bite us on the backside- we're stuck wiht him unless he can be shopped off elsewhere. Esl????
2012?? Bloody hell :?