What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combinations Give Dragons the Edge

mickeylane

Bench
There is no doubt that the Dragons boast the form back row trio in the NRL:
Merrin
Thompson (Mathews)
Frizzell (JDB)

the form halfback combination in
Marshall
Widdop

and the best tactical kicking game in the competition ATM....

these combinations are giving us the edge over all teams - our back rowers are mongrels and workaholics and our halfbacks our very cool and experienced under pressure boasting between them the best tactical kicking game currently in the NRL..

For some reason also we are copping minimal injuries (compared to other teams) to key players which tells me the new trainer has changed things up since the dark days of the Price regime..

Ill go as far to say that this team has a superior attitude to the 2010 team which will undoubtedly see us make the top 8 this year and most likely a top 4 position....

Im hoping we can make a play for Merrin to stay on - he must be seriously considering doing a back flip if the improved offer comes along - he along w Thompson are leading our pack every game..

In closing I expect to have a new SOO rep among our ranks in Thompson - Im certain he's being considered for a bench spot along w Merrin by Laurie Daley...he's tough, can defend, uncompromising and can motor...

All in all happy days......:lol:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
There is no doubt that the Dragons boast the form back row trio in the NRL:
Merrin
Thompson (Mathews)
Frizzell (JDB)

the form halfback combination in
Marshall
Widdop

and the best tactical kicking game in the competition ATM....

these combinations are giving us the edge over all teams - our back rowers are mongrels and workaholics and our halfbacks our very cool and experienced under pressure boasting between them the best tactical kicking game currently in the NRL..

For some reason also we are copping minimal injuries (compared to other teams) to key players which tells me the new trainer has changed things up since the dark days of the Price regime..

Ill go as far to say that this team has a superior attitude to the 2010 team which will undoubtedly see us make the top 8 this year and most likely a top 4 position....

Im hoping we can make a play for Merrin to stay on - he must be seriously considering doing a back flip if the improved offer comes along - he along w Thompson are leading our pack every game..

In closing I expect to have a new SOO rep among our ranks in Thompson - Im certain he's being considered for a bench spot along w Merrin by Laurie Daley...he's tough, can defend, uncompromising and can motor...

All in all happy days......:lol:

Plus he can cover injuries to outside backs which is always a boost. JDB HAS to be picked for Country, he is playing career best form.

I think we may have two future origin rep forwards in tommo an friz, plus if the massive unit we no of as big cooper keeps this blistering form up he will be donning that Pom Jersey
Still can't believe how good our boys are playing proving every doubter wrong I applaud all the boys an the coaching staff marry really deserves a wrap rookie coach of the year even either way well blood done proud to be a dragon

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I agree, Daley is a huge fan of Rein. He may well be the NSW bolter for a bench spot.

And here I was thinking that this year we wouldn't be effected too much by Origin. We may have 4 players in the mix.

Rein an tommo have to be in the country team you'd think hopefully jdb an friz with Aitken as a bolter but that's just me be bias as I love the kid had the potential to be a genuine superstar still can't believe how sting the kid is for a 19 year old he's still a pup

is beg to differ man as he would of played for contry last year if it weren't for injury he will play for country then nsw it's the same with the samoan boys ect Trent barret even come out an said he is a solid chance of getting a start

TheRev

First Grade
Look they are going great as a team unit, and under Mary, but im sure there are a dozen other better second rowers across the other teams, worth more $$, and more explosive/impact.

I dont mean that critically, I love Thommo & JDB as Saints, Thommo though is really a big centre (light frame) & JDB is improving rapidly, but still a long way to go.. both have great passion.

Rein im also happier with of late, but again plenty of great hookers going round, who unless im mistaken seem to do 80 minutes.

Everyone just needs to ease up a bit, ive seen this before where fringe dragons start getting called up willy nilly for rep footy before they are ready, which is not good for them, the rep team, or the saints when their cap value increased.

Let them earnt it first! Lets talk again in 2016 ;-)

Mr Red

First Grade
How good is Rein playing as well. Could have him on the bench for origin. Being a ruthless tackling machine he is.

It's no coincedence that the moment rein stops playing 80 mins his form improves. A lot of his errors and poor decisions were from tiredness playing 80. The way he plays its near impossible to do that for a full match..
Many of us been saying that for over a year, Price didn't get it, I'm glad the current coaching staff do...

Mr Red

First Grade
I agree, Daley is a huge fan of Rein. He may well be the NSW bolter for a bench spot.

And here I was thinking that this year we wouldn't be effected too much by Origin. We may have 4 players in the mix.

I think for origin they really look for a "triangle" player if possible ..ie someone that can cover booker or halves on the bench..
This would be first preference if there are any in form..

hewi

Bench
Good subject. What's changed? For a start the hold down in the tackle has taken the advantage away from the very large props that last year gave us so much grief. The game is quicker which is to the advantage especially of our back three and bench. New coach who has instilled belief and team work into the group. Tactical kicking, Benji take a bow , hasn't been this good since Soward under Bennett . A special mention to Cooper, this blokes step close to the line is awesome, very underrated hope he stays on. Farrell, not the flashiest , great defender and I'm sure he's faster since he had a haircut! I'm rapt, how good is this after three years of crap. Hope it continues.

Walpole

Juniors
Not bad, got 13 posts in before Dino stepped in. Watch it go downhill from here.

How did your team do this weekend dino?

dino2170

Juniors
MY ONLY TEAM ARE SAINTS, THIS IS THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COMPETITION
i went to every game we played between 1972 to 1996 be it canberra, newcastle or brisbane

i stopped going when saints merged, i go from time to time but i prefer foxtel veiwing as i have a strong relationship to the true football game at a local level

so my credentials are strong to saints
i feel sad when saints lose
i feel happy when we win

MY ONLY TEAM ARE SAINTS, THIS IS THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COMPETITION
i went to every game we played between 1972 to 1996 be it canberra, newcastle or brisbane

i stopped going when saints merged, i go from time to time but i prefer foxtel veiwing as i have a strong relationship to the true football game at a local level

so my credentials are strong to saints
i feel sad when saints lose
i feel happy when we win
you/ve come across as pretty miserable over the last six weeks but dino!:D

dino2170

Juniors
plus ive been following this forum ever since its inception

im miserable cause im stressing over my personal situation and im over critical about everything.

but i remember in 2010 that we had dour defence but everyone was talking about our non existant attack even our fellow forum buddies