What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come Together

Peter Quinn

Juniors
South Sydney players should now come together and play for each other. Last Friday night they played for the fans and gave them sandbag pillows. This week it should be more about themselves. If they lose, they are gone for the year and that perhaps is not particularly fair. Everyone knows they can be absolutely brilliant, but on the other hand absolutely pathetic. I guess that comes from a lot of youth in the team at once. Minds can wander in boardrooms, let alone on footy fields. The principles, CEOs, older guys step in and get refocus. That didn't happen on Friday night. I don't know why and I don't really want to know either. But I do know these players deserve pure respect. They don't deserve to be put out of finals and left as a memory of jokes and bitter sweats. It's time for these players to play for themselves. They've played mostly great all year and now it's down to this. Come together and win together.

Latest posts