What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators and Hayne

What technique will the commentators use on Hayne next week?

• For taking the field - a nutcup

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Getting his hands on the ball - a bit of light kissing and fondling

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Throwing a pass - massage with happy ending

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Making a tackle - third base

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Scoring a try - Brokeback Mountain

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
Good game from Jarryd last night, looming in support when he needed to, he kicked well enough and two of his tries showcased his speed and strength respectively. I'm sure Parra fans were delighted to watch their talisman actually do something on the field for the first time in 17 weeks.

But didn't it get the Fox team's juices flowing. Like a pack of 12 year old girls at a Justin Beiber sighting, they fawned, fellated and fell over themselves to see who could tongue his balls the most. A couple of examples: with Parra around 40 metres out, Hayne found touch. He clearly meant to kick it straight down the middle of the park but found the side of his boot. Brandy pointed that out but it didn't stop that halfwit Daley going on about what a 'mature decision' that was by Hayne... Another time Hayne got his arsehole tongued (again by Daley) simply for being in the area when another Eels player got tackled.

I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it is just so offputting listening to grown men try to outdo each other in their stomach-turning effusiveness. Everyone in the league world who is not either a league journalist or Parra fan (or both) can appreciate it when any player has a breakthrough good game but only Hayne seems to get the deepthroat treatment every time he blinks.

bazza

Immortal
At least he is a decent player.
The commentators could be saying how great numpties are like Indris or Ennis

Evenflow

Bench
You can be assured the Telecrap will continue on with their Hayne wankfest just as they did this time last year. I can't wait for another riveting article as to what color boots he'll be wearing on any given week.....

nrlnrl

First Grade
I didn't think it was any different to games where commentators from Fox Sports or Channel 9 praise certain players, eg - for some people, Darren Lockyer receives too many positive comments about his play just because he's Darren Lockyer. ( just substitute any number of player's names there - Benji Marshall, Jamal Idris, Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater etc etc )

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
Good game from Jarryd last night, looming in support when he needed to, he kicked well enough and two of his tries showcased his speed and strength respectively. I'm sure Parra fans were delighted to watch their talisman actually do something on the field for the first time in 17 weeks.

But didn't it get the Fox team's juices flowing. Like a pack of 12 year old girls at a Justin Beiber sighting, they fawned, fellated and fell over themselves to see who could tongue his balls the most. A couple of examples: with Parra around 40 metres out, Hayne found touch. He clearly meant to kick it straight down the middle of the park but found the side of his boot. Brandy pointed that out but it didn't stop that halfwit Daley going on about what a 'mature decision' that was by Hayne... Another time Hayne got his arsehole tongued (again by Daley) simply for being in the area when another Eels player got tackled.

I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it is just so offputting listening to grown men try to outdo each other in their stomach-turning effusiveness. Everyone in the league world who is not either a league journalist or Parra fan (or both) can appreciate it when any player has a breakthrough good game but only Hayne seems to get the deepthroat treatment every time he blinks.

tbh I don't think Eels fans are as wrapped up in it as the commentators. Last night was a superb game for Hayne, he's the type of player that I love having in my team, even on his bad days. But he still has those.

It's not just Hayne though. There are plenty of players in the NRL that could do nothing more than turn up and fart, and still get smothered with praise.

gUt

Coach
I didn't think it was any different to games where commentators from Fox Sports or Channel 9 praise certain players, eg - for some people, Darren Lockyer receives too many positive comments about his play just because he's Darren Lockyer.

So you are equivocating the praise that the multiple premiership winning, 300+ games for one club, club+state+country captain gets with the praise someone who has had approx 12 noteworthy games in the last two seasons gets?

My point isn't that players who play well don't deserve a mention. But there's deserved praise and there's the spectacle of listening to men compete to see who can come up with the most saccharine and obsessive verbal blowjob on a kid who is not even as good a player as they were!

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Robson was the reason the Eels won that game.

Only Sterling seemed to give him any real praise over Hayne and that was on MMM Radio.

Daley blew goo everywhere whenever Hayne did anything. Than again he is a f**king idiot

Haynes defensive positioning and defence in general at the back is still not up to scratch for a player on his $$$

dubby

Bench
The Fox Fan Phone had a few people who were also sick and tired of the Hayne love fest.

That chick from Brisbane really let fly!

Parra Guru

Coach
So you are equivocating the praise that the multiple premiership winning, 300+ games for one club, club+state+country captain gets with the praise someone who has had approx 12 noteworthy games in the last two seasons gets?

My point isn't that players who play well don't deserve a mention. But there's deserved praise and there's the spectacle of listening to men compete to see who can come up with the most saccharine and obsessive verbal blowjob on a kid who is not even as good a player as they were!

So were you around when Lockyer began his career at fullback for the Broncos?? The love fest began then and continued ever since

Not so different you know......

The Fox Fan Phone had a few people who were also sick and tired of the Hayne love fest.

That chick from Brisbane really let fly!

LOL was that the Cowboys fan? I came back in the lounge at the end of her call and I was having a laugh.

How about the Raiders fan from QLD? "Yeah he's a good player there's no doubt about that, but let's not get to carried away with all this "Haynetraaaaain" stuff"

The way he said Haynetrain was hilarious.

But yeah Hayne was terrible for the first 30 mins of that game. Not even average, he was TERRIBLE. The first try seemed to kick him into gear. His positional play was still poor in the 2nd half though. Bit of a mixed bag from Jarryd last night.

super_coach

First Grade
Its all about the Hype, they pick out a couple of players and hype them up week in and week out to the so called new super star arrives.
Benji being getting the same hype for years and in reality for all the touches of genius their is a lot of school boy standard crap that hardly gets mentioned.

Haynes is a very good footballer but nowhere near a Lockyer,Cronk, Slater and so on. Anyway its all about ratings and building up these players to attract punters to the game.

gUt

Coach
So were you around when Lockyer began his career at fullback for the Broncos?? The love fest began then and continued ever since

Not so different you know......

Even if you are right (I was around btw) Lockyer has since gone on to become arguably the greatest player of his era and so deserves every nice thing that is said of him. It also has not protected him from his critics over the years who like to line up every February and tell us he's past it etc.

Where are Hayne's media critics? The worst I have heard said about him is that he doesn't play the ball fast enough. It's true that lots of players get the hype treatment but no one, NO ONE, gets their salad tossed by commentators and media types like Hayne does. Who else could possibly dream of deliberately headbutting an opponent and facing no consequences?

Mr Saab

Referee
Hayne had a good game vs the cellar dwelling Cowboys...whoopety doooo. When Hayne can find consistency then he can be talked about in the same regard as the superstar players, but until then he is too eratic.
As for Daley, well he is just a waste of brain cells as a commentator and wants to bang his "boys" every chance he can get....shame his "boys" make him look like a complete dickhead as a selector

Packy

Bench
Daley was amazing. I have never seen anyone try and justify himself by heaping praise of another so much. Daley IS teh worst commentator around. He is unable to remain subjective at all. It's embarrassing.

People should try and avoid comments regarding their team/interests if they wish to remain creditable.

Hayne was his glory boy last night for sure. As for Locky.. Yep he cops it too. A sh*t kick gone lucky if someone knocks on or a try results all of a sudden becomes brilliant foresight. Hayne may not be a 300+ game star but Locky has never dominated games like Hayne did late last year. They are not teh only ones though and it is just how it is.

Durantula35

Juniors
As positive and over the top as these commentators are, League Unlimited is negative and below the belt.
Do you guys feel that you have to level it out for everyone? New flash you're not that important.

I can't believe you lot b!tch and moan about a players skills being celebrated in the game you all follow. A player that kids wanna be..and makes them play the game. A player that could be $1.5mil a year richer if he left the game which would've had a bigger negative impact on the game then anything else in the last 5 years. You're all whinging Dickheads!

Mr Saab

Referee
I can't believe you lot b!tch and moan about a players skills being celebrated in the game you all follow. A player that kids wanna be..and makes them play the game. A player that could be $1.5mil a year richer if he left the game which would've had a bigger negative impact on the game then anything else in the last 5 years. You're all whinging Dickheads!

Welcome to LU...if you dont like it, then piss off.
And dont play this "could have earned 1.5M more" crap....he is on 500k a year and still whinging about it.
If Hayne left, then the the game would not have died

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne is the best player in the world. He deserves every accolade. I can attest that my young son is now a devout Parra/League follower because of this man.

Durantula35

Juniors
Welcome to LU...if you dont like it, then piss off.
And dont play this "could have earned 1.5M more" crap....he is on 500k a year and still whinging about it.
If Hayne left, then the the game would not have died

Who said it would've died?
I'll put it like this, I coach an under 8s team, 99% of them either wanna be Benji or Jarryd..even the one's who don't follow the Tigers or Eels. He's doing his best, and encouraging kids to play the game yet you lot wanna bitch about him being praised for scoring 3 trys in a must win game for his side. Step back and take a reality check.

Latest posts