What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators and Hayne

What technique will the commentators use on Hayne next week?

• For taking the field - a nutcup

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Getting his hands on the ball - a bit of light kissing and fondling

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Throwing a pass - massage with happy ending

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Making a tackle - third base

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Scoring a try - Brokeback Mountain

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters

Big Pete

Referee
Hayne is an awesome talent and one of the best outside backs I've seen.

In saying, Inglis had him covered in 2009.

Also, I'd argue Slater had the better Origin 3 performance.

Eels Dude

Coach
He had a blinder, who gives a s**t. Credit where credit is due. If you don't like the commentators hyping up players then turn the sound off. Hayne along with Marshall are the two most marketable players in Sydney so of course they're going to be hyped up more than Slaters, Lockyers, Thurstons etc in the Sydney market.

big country

Juniors
Were you asleep during that run of last year ? It has never ever been done in the history of Rugby League. 6 consecutive MOM awards. Better judges then you or I happen to agree, that he is King.

sssshhh - do you hear that??? in the distance........it's the sound of the bandwagon rolling in - hey parra must have won last night - ALL ABOARD!! :lol:

:lol: He had a blinder against f**king Nth Qld and a good game against Qld in a dead rubber.

When the pressure is on the guy collapses like a deck of cards

Avenger

Immortal
:lol: He had a blinder against f**king Nth Qld and a good game against Qld in a dead rubber.

When the pressure is on the guy collapses like a deck of cards

Just like the sudden death football he played last year when we had to win every game from round 19. Just like when he tore St George a new arsehole in the sudden death elimination final. Just like all the other games before the GF. What happened then ? Oh that's right Archer blew that penalty and the Storm won it with their $ 6 million dollar squad.

What the Eels did in 2009 will never be repeated. That run was amazing. In the end we know why we we lost and we know who got us there in the first place.

natheel

Coach
Hayne is still young and learning and I as many other parra fans would agree get sh*tted at seeing how much talent he posseses and only uses it when he wants too if I had half the talent he had I'd use it all the time and show people what I'm made of constantly! Like I said he's still young and still learning. I hope he can pull his finger out next year and be consistent as do alot of parra fans and I'm sure nrl fans in general coz it's players like benji, thurston, slater and inglis etc who make u watch the game and jarryd has an abundance of talent that he can be inthe same company as them. For now I feel he isn't quite there but not far off!

LOL @ bragging about your fav player being man of the series for not only a losing team, but one of the worst Origin teams ever.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hayne is still young and learning and I as many other parra fans would agree get sh*tted at seeing how much talent he posseses and only uses it when he wants too if I had half the talent he had I'd use it all the time and show people what I'm made of constantly! Like I said he's still young and still learning. I hope he can pull his finger out next year and be consistent as do alot of parra fans and I'm sure nrl fans in general coz it's players like benji, thurston, slater and inglis etc who make u watch the game and jarryd has an abundance of talent that he can be inthe same company as them. For now I feel he isn't quite there but not far off!

I think it also has to do with those players around them. Slater and Inglis are so consistent because they can play off Smith and Cronk all the time. That's a heavy advantage. Thurston has been struggling at club level for a long time now. Place him in the QLD and Australian side and he instantly he excels though. Marshall is a bit like Hayne. He's been hot and cold his entire career. This year he's been on a very good hot streak. But it was only a couple of years ago the Tigers were only willing to sign him for a one year contract extension due to his injuries and inconsistent form. Hayne is often guilty of trying too hard and trying to create oppurtunities himself, as he doesn't have the halves playing inside of him to create the oppurtunities for him. It's extremely difficult to be consistent when you're expected to do everything yourself all the time.

sooperdooper

First Grade
go back and see how many games locky has pulled out of the fire for Brisbane, QLD and Australia. go back and see how he's been the difference between teams when it's tight

Hayne has shown some extarordinary skills last year and is the player kids want to eb cos the commentators have marketed him that way. my fave recent haynewankw as in origin where he decided to not to catch a bomb but kick it backwards and gould's calling it "brilliant". had he caught the ball he could have put in a 2nd controlled kick which didnt go 10m backwards over the wingers head....

that piece of skill hayne did in origin 3 was superb play...
it was not a catchable bomb considering he had QLD in his road.. he tries to catch it? it would have been knocked on.
It was a great piece of skill

sooperdooper

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol:parra fans
Sorry to shatter your fantasy world ,but he is not even the best fullback in the world..
One good game against the worst defensive team in the comp ,& suddenly the baby oil comes out & the massive circle jerk led by selector Da.ley starts.

This bloke has talent ,but shows it for about a third of a season....
Not consistant enough to be the best...

PS..Who will be no1 for OZ in the 4 nations...the best FB in OZ..Slater.

put slater in a team with out a star 7 and 9 and see how he goes...

adamkungl

Immortal
Hayne is a good player but a show pony....

Sick of the jizzfest every time he touches the ball. Fair enough if he actually does something, but when the dickhead commentators praise him for catching the ball, or worse for f**king volleying the thing when he should have caught it, it becomes ridiculous.

lol@Parra fans defending their hero...