What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comp could be down to 5 chances?

gronkathon

First Grade
It was a really solid win by the Tigers over the Eels.

Considering they are still missing their first choice hooker, prop and Sironen was unavailable due to schoolboys duty

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
I think most sides have figured that Barba cant tackle, will not contest a bomb and is scared to carry the ball back from a kick.

Noa

First Grade
Storm are fighting back well, still not at full strength (not due to injuries). Matt McGahan really starting to step it up now and take control of the team. Tohu Harris as well getting close to 100%

kiwiperth

Juniors
Warriors must be the favourites ,followed by Storm & Cowboys. I like the Sharks, but with Townsend playing 1st grade you have to wonder.

isaiah

Bench
i think we can safely scratch the sharks off this list if stewart mills stays in the nrl side, aybe the knights may make a run now to be the 5th chance

definately no to the knights, and yes to the sharks with mills and without townsend

isaiah

Bench
bulldogs did very well to come from behind last night, but they will need to get to the finals with the core of josh jackson, lafai, sezer, carter, burr, and finucane fit and firing to do any damage

missing some key pieces today, will they all be back for the finals?

isaiah

Bench
On form, are melb, nz, bulldogs, cowboys, and the sharks the only ones who can win this comp this season?

imo, there has been a discernable shift the last few weeks. melbourne cowboys and bulldogs [if they lose as i am expecting tomorrow night], are falling off the pace at just the wrong time. roosters are now the biggest danger to a nz= cron GF. their win today with only 45% of the ball vs a side with a fullback who has been on fire in attack lately, pushes them now to the higher echalon.

the way the finals work in week 2 and beyond, if cron and roosters finish 2 and 3 they will have a prelim final battle to see who meets the reigning premiers in the GF

shasha

Juniors
Stop trying to predict Toyota Cup, one of the most unpredictable competitions ever! Always has been

isaiah

Bench
and then the dogs smash the sharks 48-16, who knows?
yeah, who could know that pickerd and stewart mills would make 6 errors between them and the starting props would only make 13 runs for 100 metres. they better pick it up this week against the roosters or they'll get buried again, even if townsend drops back

isaiah

Bench
interesting this weekend that 7 plays 8 and 9 plays 11, all on similar premiership points. a win here could go a long way towards a place in the 8.