What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

FrankWhite

Juniors
You can call a kid a “cheeky little monkey” can’t do that with n****r or f****t.
Mams got more to worry about than imaginary racial vilification. Like his rubbish game.

Valheru

Coach
What I love about all of this, is how far his teammates are willing to take the lie...

I'm absolutely convinced nothing was actually said and Mams teammates are just making shit up to make sure Lenui got in the shit.

Seems perfectly reasonable...
The problem you are having here is you seem to believe that if it didn't happen it means Mam and his teammates are liars

Surely you can see there are other options?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
That is what he is saying

Nothing in what he said is pre-judicial, in fact quite the opposite.
No, he added the comment that makes an implication of Mam either lying or being incorrect in his allegation. In my opinion that was unnecessary and not a good look.

You'll note that I typed "prejudicial tone". It's clear that your opinion is that there was nothing wrong with the coach making that comment. My opinion differs, but I couldn't really care less either way.

Iamback

Coach
What I love about all of this, is how far his teammates are willing to take the lie...

I'm absolutely convinced nothing was actually said and Mams teammates are just making shit up to make sure Lenui got in the shit.

Seems perfectly reasonable...

It isn't whether anything was said, It is what exactly he said

ACTPanthers

Bench
The problem you are having here is you seem to believe that if it didn't happen it means Mam and his teammates are liars

Surely you can see there are other options?
Well I can't wait for this....

What other options? They misheard? What insult sounds like Monkey?

It isn't whether anything was said, It is what exactly he said
Something that sounds like monkey but isn't? What could it have been?

Spencer must have just said your attack looks a bit clunky. Or commented to Ezra about some junkies he'd seen in Vegas.

Valheru

Coach

Yes exactly

Not sure why you find that an impossibility.

I'm not here to defend Spencer and come up with an alternative, he will have to do that himself. What I am saying is if it is found that it didn't happen or they can't prove it either way, it isn't an indication that Mam is lying.

Wizardman

First Grade
Not denying it isn't an admission of guilt, is it?
It is being quite evasive though. Im sure if a Joey Manu was asked if he said a racist comment, there would be a flat denial from him.
If I did not make a racist comment in his situation, I'd absolutely tell the world that.....not leave it up in the air like Leniu did. He absolutely said it.

Vlad59

Juniors

In a case like this, it’s a lot easier to give evidence about what you really heard rather than lie. A good tribunal would have no trouble, usually, on picking up on a false statement. Given the chaps giving evidence are footballers I don’t like their chances of getting away with false statements and I’d like to think they’ll be warned about potential repercussions if they go down that track. One of the key issues would have to be the reaction of broncos players at the moment of the incident not the roosters players memory after it. The NRL are not going to let anybody get away with any nonsense in this one. This crap had taken away too much of the good from yesterday.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yes exactly

Not sure why you find that an impossibility.

I'm not here to defend Spencer and come up with an alternative, he will have to do that himself. What I am saying is if it is found that it didn't happen or they can't prove it either way, it isn't an indication that Mam is lying.
Because I've been called a monkey before, and I understand that there is little to no possibility it was something else that was misheard.

You want to try and say it could've been something else but then refuse to come up with an alternative...? Yeah ok champ.