What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

FrankWhite

Juniors
Making an alt cause you're too scared to justify racism under your actual account

Coward
So many cucks can’t comprehend a POC might not be a little bitch. Problem is, I’ve actually spent a lifetime being racially vilified, so I know context
matters.

For example there’s a big difference between a white guy saying “that black c***t” and a POC saying “that black c***t*. Same words, difference context.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I know it’s speculation, but I REALLY can’t envision Leniu affectionately callling Mam a “cheeky monkey”, or telling him his hairstyle was funky, or that his passing game was clunky, in the heat of the game. But sledging him with “you f*****g monkey” or something like that? Quite believable.

FrankWhite

Juniors
Context I guess. On a footy field it's not too much of a leap to assume if that is what he said then it was derogatory.

I've called all of my kids cheeky little monkeys or variations of at various times, much different scenario than what we are talking about here though.
Different scenario but the word is the same.

some11

Referee
So many cucks can’t comprehend a POC might not be a little bitch. Problem is, I’ve actually spent a lifetime being racially vilified, so I know context
matters.

For example there’s a big difference between a white guy saying “that black c***t” and a POC saying “that black c***t*. Same words, difference context.
Log off ya f**ken clown. You know what you're doing, completely transparent

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
matters.

And if you know about context you’d also know the likelihood of calling someone a monkey in that situation and it not being derogatory and racist is pretty remote.

At best it’s probably like the Montoya-Feldt incident where I doubt Montoya was deliberately trying to vilify Feldt but just blurted out something along the lines of “Get up you f*****t” without thinking… but casual homophobia still isn’t acceptable.

soc123_au

Staff member
Different scenario but the word is the same.
The N word is about the only one that is uniquely derogatory.
Without going through a list the rest off the top of my head have innocent meanings as well.

Same word for sure, context not so much.

firechild

First Grade
matters.

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in this thread, which is full of dumb posts. Do you think "POC" is anything tangible with respect to what you said? You're insinuating that you'd be more ok for a latino, asian or native american to call you a "black c***" than a white person? This is as stupid as suggesting that it couldn't be a racist comment because Leniu also has dark skin.

FrankWhite

Juniors
And if you know about context you’d also know the likelihood of calling someone a monkey in that situation and it not being derogatory and racist is pretty remote.

At best it’s probably like the Montoya-Feldt incident where I doubt Montoya was deliberately trying to vilify Feldt but just blurted out something along the lines of “Get up you f*****t” without thinking… but casual homophobia still isn’t acceptable.
loool. Brain dead take.

old mate just said above he’s called his kids “cheeky little monkeys”. Are you calling your or some else’s kids “cheeky little f****s”?

FrankWhite

Juniors
This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in this thread, which is full of dumb posts. Do you think "POC" is anything tangible with respect to what you said? You're insinuating that you'd be more ok for a latino, asian or native american to call you a "black c***" than a white person? This is as stupid as suggesting that it couldn't be a racist comment because Leniu also has dark skin.
I am, and I have.

Please enlighten us with your history of living as an ethnic minority.

Vlad59

Juniors
Courier Mail and bell end Badel wrote this. Every other credible news outlet has it the other way, Broncos players antagonised Leniu. What do you believe? One man tries to fight 3 people or 3 people try to fight 1 guy?
Fight? What fight?