What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer help

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I have a new acer aspire X3990 desktop with 1 TB hard drive and within just over a month, my Drive D is full. I know it should be going into Drive C, so how do I change this so all the stuff goes into Drive C and if I change it, will I still have all my previous downloads?

I have downloaded about 70 gig all up and now Drive D is full and telling me I have no space left yet Drive C says it has 313 gig left to play with on one of the partitans with the other never being touched.

Cheers for any help.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If win7 is installed on the C partition ( default so im saying yes) you dont want to completely fill it as it will start to run slow. I run 64gig ssd's in all my Pc's, these are only used to run the OS & other programs. What are you downloading? Are you using something like Utorrent & dont know how to change where it automatically saves? You said you have a 1tb hd but you've only filled 70gigs on the d partition & the c only has 313gb free, some thing doesnt add up, whats taking up all your HD space?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If win7 is installed on the C partition ( default so im saying yes) you dont want to completely fill it as it will start to run slow. I run 64gig ssd's in all my Pc's, these are only used to run the OS & other programs. What are you downloading? Are you using something like Utorrent & dont know how to change where it automatically saves? You said you have a 1tb hd but you've only filled 70gigs on the d partition & the c only has 313gb free, some thing doesnt add up, whats taking up all your HD space?

Partition, I have the other part of the computer that is never used, it came from the shop like that.

The downloads I've got is mostly music and some movies.

I think I may have to ring up acer and see if they can sort it out, I've read up a bit on the net and it seems a few people have been having this same problem.

HowHigh

Coach
What are you using to download?
If you're downloading from straight links off websites you can change the location the files save to through the options in your web browser
Same thing if you're downloading torrents etc

I usually have a 100gb partition for the operating system + programs then larger partitions for the music/movies/tv shows etc

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Rang up acer today and got it all fixed, just had to copy D and paste into C (usually when you right click it has send to, but it didn't and that's what was stuffing me around, never thought of copying and pasting) then format D and change where downloads go, took about 4 hours all up. Real pain in the arse.

Bulldog Force

Referee
70 gig in just over a month. Strike me pink mate... get one of these;

samsung_story-station2.jpg

Samsung 2TB external hard drive. You can get it for <$100 and the best part is it has an on/off switch so even if you keep it permanently plugged into your PC, you can keep it switched off when not in use.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
70 gig in just over a month. Strike me pink mate... get one of these;

samsung_story-station2.jpg

Samsung 2TB external hard drive. You can get it for <$100 and the best part is it has an on/off switch so even if you keep it permanently plugged into your PC, you can keep it switched off when not in use.

That's a pretty good price actually, I went into JB HiFi today and they were selling 3TB for $199.