What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkadelic

Juniors
So has the Sharks done this to get into the Crocker or Eastwood sweepstakes.

I think that for Fraser the phrase "3 times what you are currently earning" might have been the icing on the cake.

Seriously, for a d grade comp, Japanese rugby has some serious cash to throw about.

Didnt Vinnie and Louis both walk out on Warriors contracts for big pommy deals?

Noa

First Grade
I think that for Fraser the phrase "3 times what you are currently earning" might have been the icing on the cake.

Seriously, for a d grade comp, Japanese rugby has some serious cash to throw about.

You know what they say about expecting Mormons to honour their contracts.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Louis signed a deal and informed management before the start of his final season with the Warriors. Vinnie was screwed around by terrible management (the same guys who orchestrated the salary cap drama), which in hindsight probably added to Louis wanting to leave.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Chris Sandow re-signed with Souths until 2011. Announcement made in a members only e-mail video.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce that halfback Chris Sandow has re-signed with the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2011 season.
Sandow joins Issac Luke and Beau Champion as young stars to have recently extended their contracts with the Rabbitohs until 2011.
Sandow, 20, burst on to the NRL scene midway through the 2008 season, resulting in him winning the Dally M Rookie of the Year award in the game’s Centenary Season, as well as the Rabbitohs’ John Sattler Rookie of the Year award, the George Green Medal as the rising indigenous star of the NRL and selection in the 2008 Toyota Cup team of the year.
Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said: “Chris is undoubtedly one of the rising stars in the game and we are delighted to have him commit to the Club until the end of 2011.
Sandow said: “I love playing here at the Rabbitohs and I had no hesitation in re-signing with the Club.
“I think we have a solid team here this year and we’ll be giving our best each week to win for all of our Members and supporters.
“I look forward to running out in the red and green for many seasons to come.”

royceruled

Juniors
gr8 to see the young man showing loyalty to his club. he should have a good
year judging on his match in the charity game. :)

The Colonel

Immortal
<h2>carney Rules The Roost
Emma Greenwood
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
© The Cairns Post

the Atherton Roosters Are C**k-a-hoop After Pulling Off A Massive Coup In Signing Former Nrl Bad Boy Todd Carney To A Cairns District Rugby League Contract.
Carney Arrived In The Far North On Monday And Signed His Roosters Contract At The Barron Valley Hotel Yesterday Morning After He And Manager David Riolo Met Club Officials At Atherton On Monday Night.
The Contract Was Registered With The Cdrl Yesterday With Carney Now Waiting For A Clearance From The Canberra Raiders, The Club That Sacked Him Last August After A String Of
Alcohol-related Incidents.
Raiders Boss John Mcintyre Told the Cairns Post Last Month There Was No Way He Would Allow The Former Star Halfback To Play Anywhere Except Goulburn, Carney’s Home Town And Canberra’s Feeder Competition.
But Riolo Said The Raiders Had No Grounds Not To Grant A Clearance Given They Sacked Carney Last Year And He Was No Longer On Their Books.
While Clearances Go Through Individual Clubs, Riolo Has Consulted Nrl Chief Executive David Gallop About The Move.
"i Spoke To David Gallop Today And He Said As Far As He Was Concerned There Was No Issue With Todd Playing In Atherton," Riolo Said Last Night.
"todd Just Wants To Get On With His Life.
"he’s Applied To Be Registered And Is Going Through The Registration
Process.
"hopefully, There’s No Issues But If There Are, We’ll Deal With That At The Time."
Cdrl Secretary Pat Bailey Said Timing Of The Clearance Would Depend On How Quickly Canberra Acted On The Request.
While The Electronic Request Was Lodged Yesterday, The Star Halfback Did Not Jump The Queue.
"he Will Be Treated The Same As Any Other Player That Requires A Clearance," Bailey Said.
Atherton President Mick Nasser Congratulated Carney On Looking To Bush Footy To Restart His Career.
"for A Player Of His Standard To Step Back To The Grassroots, I Take My Hat Off To Him And His Management For Supporting Him," Nasser Said.
"the Boost For Us Is Unbelievable.
"it’s Going To Be Great For Rugby League All Over North Queensland And Especially The Cairns District Rugby League." Carney Is Likely To Take On A Coaching Role At The Club, Linking With Former Raiders Teammate Josh Blatch On The Roosters Coaching Staff.
And Nasser Said He Had Been Impressed At Carney’s Willingness To Become Involved At All Levels Of The Club.
"the First Thing He Said Was: "i Want To Get Involved With (coaching) Your Juniors’," Nasser Said.
"he Has A Job To Go To And All He Wants To Do Is Play Footy And Get On With It.
"i Think The Clearance Should Just Be A Formality. Everyone Is Pretty Excited About It Up Here Of Course."

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/03/04/31581_local-sport-news.html
</h2>

BrisVegas

Juniors
Ben Teo has prolonged his stay at the Broncos by signing an extended deal till the end of 2010.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25149568-5003409,00.html

WIDE-running forward Ben Te'o signed a new one-year deal with the Broncos as news emerged of a Queensland-New Zealand tug of war for him.

Te'o played NRL for Wests Tigers in 2007-08 after graduating from the Gold Coast's Keebra Park High, but midway through last year announced he was returning "home" to play for the Broncos.

The 22-year-old will make his Broncos premiership debut against North Queensland Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night and the club's confidence in his ability was illustrated by this week's decision to extend his contract until the end of 2010.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
Greg Eastwood has become the latest player to join the Bulldogs, today agreeing to a three year deal.
A crucial figure in the Kiwi's World Cup success, the athletic forward came with strong recommendations from his former Broncos team mates who are now also at the Bulldogs.
Eastwood, who turned 22 earlier this week, will begin training with the Bulldogs immediately, with coach Kevin Moore saying he looks forward to him being a long term option for the Club.
"Greg is a class player, he's only young and I think he has a big future with us," Moore said. "He'll bring an explosive attacking factor to our game which should complement the forward pack we currently have.
"We met with him last week and he looked in good condition so I expect that he won't be too far off being available for selection."
With visa restrictions preventing him from taking up a three year deal with the Leeds Rhinos Eastwood is glad to have his future secure and to return to a team environment after spending the past few months training by himself on the Gold Coast.
"The Bulldogs are a great option for me, I'm looking forward to joining the boys and getting stuck in," Eastwood said.
"I've obviously got quite a few mates there already and they've been really positive about what the future holds."
Final paperwork, release documentation and execution of contract will be completed within the next 24 hours.
Eastwood has appealed the decision to reject his visa application, if the appeal is successful he will have the option of taking up the deal with the Rhinos at the conclusion of the Bulldogs 2009 Premiership season.

Via email

Raiders star extends contract

Canberra Raiders centre Joel Monaghan has extended his contract with the club until the end of the 2012 season.

Monaghan, who played for NSW and Australia last season, had been negotiating with the club since late last year.

The former Tuggeranong junior returned to the Raiders last season after three seasons with the Sydney Roosters.

He will line up for the Raiders against his former club at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

The Raiders have also shown interest in recruiting Monaghan's brother, Michael, who is currently in England playing for Super League club Warrington.

Find out why Monaghan decided to stay in tomorrow's Canberra Times

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 65063.aspx

Sugar

Bench
Raiders star extends contract

Canberra Raiders centre Joel Monaghan has extended his contract with the club until the end of the 2012 season.

Monaghan, who played for NSW and Australia last season, had been negotiating with the club since late last year.

The former Tuggeranong junior returned to the Raiders last season after three seasons with the Sydney Roosters.

He will line up for the Raiders against his former club at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

The Raiders have also shown interest in recruiting Monaghan's brother, Michael, who is currently in England playing for Super League club Warrington.

Find out why Monaghan decided to stay in tomorrow's Canberra Times

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 65063.aspx
Are the Raiders still in talks to get his brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.