What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
ARU release Eels-bound Tahu

AAP Wed, 05 Aug 2009 16:44:00
Timana Tahu is officially free to return to the NRL for Parramatta after the Australian Rugby Union released him half-way through his four-year contract.
The ARU on Wednesday announced Tahu's release was effective immediately after the dual international wanted to sign with the Eels on a three-season deal.
Tahu played four Tests for the Wallabies and 20 Super 14 matches for the NSW Waratahs but became disenchanted in the 15-man code due to travel and a lack of opportunities.
ARU high performance boss David Nucifora said the former Newcastle and Parramatta centre should look back at his two years in union with pride.
"Timana approached us with a request to be released from his contract," said Nucifora.
"Through amicable discussions we have reached a resolution which has satisfied all the parties involved.
"We certainly wish Timana all the best for his future.
"He reached Wallabies level during his time in our game and trust he will look back on that experience with pride."

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestn...u/default.aspx

Pumba

First Grade
Nick Kenny staying a Bronco

PATIENT, hard-grafting prop Nick Kenny has celebrated his pending 50th NRL game by signing a new three-year deal with Brisbane, the club he's followed since he was a kid.

Kenny will bring up his half century of matches when he returns from a knee injury along with Peter Wallace and Sam Thaiday against Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium on Monday night. His new deal through to the end of the 2012 season is reward for the 27-year-old Rockhampton product's toil and perseverence.

Kenny was forced to wait for his chances behind a series of the game's leading props including Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva and Ben Hannant but he has made the most of his opportunities this season.

After bulking up in the off-season he was one of Brisbane's best forwards before suffering a knee injury which has sidelinesd him for the past five weeks as the slumping Broncos have struggled up front.

"I've loved the club since I was six years old and I was never going anywhere else,'' said Kenny. "I was very proud and honoured to play one game NRL game here. Fifty games later I have another three years at the club so it's a dream to get a long-term contract.''

Kenny, a qualified physiotherapist, is seen as a player with leadership qualities. Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak has admired Kenny's work ethic and loyalty to the club. The fact Kenny has battled for everything that has come his way since being first spotted by Brisbane as a 19-year-old has won him a lot of fans.

"Nick has worked really hard to get where he is, it's a credit to him,'' said Henjak who has named him in the front-row for Monday night's clash with Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium. "He battled all the way and displayed a tremendous character to make it.

"He loves the Broncos and he's been prepared to work hard and be patient to get what he wants.''

Daily Telegraph

Big Mick

Referee
Junior Tia Killifi (Panthers) --> Bulldogs, 2 years

Source: Peter Mulhullond @ game last night

Well done Penrith...another great young player gone...oh but we got Dave Simmons you f**kin' pelicans.

Bulldogs - Bred, not bought my a$$

Spike

First Grade
How could a board let go of someone like Tia Killifi, only to sign David Simmons as a replacement. The mind boggles at the thought

Last edited:

Cranky Sod

Juniors
How could a board let go of someone like Tia Killifi, only to sign David Simmons as a replacement. The mind boggles at the thought

This has been going for years at Penrith, they have absolutely no idea how to run a club.:crazy:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Blake Green signs with Bulldogs on 2 year deal. 2 more announcements to come (Paea and Tia Kalifi)

THE Bulldogs have begun planning for life after Brett Kimmorley by luring talented Cronulla half Blake Green to the club for the next two seasons.

In a move that suggests off-contract Bulldogs halves Daniel Holdsworth and Michael Sullivan will depart Belmore at the end of this year, Green will switch to the Dogs after two years at Cronulla.
Ironically, Green was touted as Kimmorley's successor at the Sharks this season but the former Parramatta junior has only recieved limited opportunties under coach Ricky Stuart with just 17 appearances.
The Bulldogs will announce the signature of Green - and two other NRL players - ahead of next week's clash with the Cowboys.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-sign-up-blake-green/story-e6frexnr-1225759307615

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Well, we are certainly making the depth signings aren't we..

Tia Kalifi, Paea, Green... Possibly more to come. And I can understand why the club is doing it with the likes of Crisp, Sullivan, Holdsworth, Millard, Leaeno etc all departing at the end of the year.

I have high hopes for all 3. They all have the opportunity to be good solid FG players much like Goodwin this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.