What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumba

First Grade
Craig Wing Announcement

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have agreed to a request from Craig Wing to release him from the final two years of his contract.

Craig Wing will finish his NRL career at the end of 2009 to take up a highly lucrative two-year deal with Japanese Rugby.

He had approached the Club for a release two weeks ago on compassionate grounds, and after much discussion, the Board agreed to his request.

“Craig’s personal issues have been well documented over recent months,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today.

“The contract with Japanese Rugby will go a long way to helping his personal situation and we respect that and wish him well in his further football career.

“It has always been our desire to have Craig see out his contract with our Club, but after careful consideration over the past fortnight, the Board and Management of the Club understand that it was in Craig’s best interests that he be granted a release.

“We certainly wish Craig all the very best in his transition to Rugby Union in Japan from 2010.”

Craig will finish his NRL career having played over 250 first grade games for both the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Sydney Roosters. During his career he has won an NRL premiership, played for Australia in 16 Test matches and represented NSW on 12 occasions.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time back at the Rabbitohs and I am sad to be leaving both South Sydney and the NRL,” Craig said.

“I truly appreciate the Club granting me this special release and I want to thank Souths for agreeing to my request so that I can move on with my personal life off the field.

“The Members, sponsors, coaches, my team mates and the Board have all been very supportive over the past two years and I thank them for that.

“I started my NRL career here in the red and green and it is fitting that I finish it in this great jersey.

“I am looking forward to finishing the season off strongly and I will be doing my best to ensure we make the finals.”

Rabbitohs Website

Pumba

First Grade
Storm secure Chase Stanley and Atelea Vea

Melbourne Storm is pleased to announce it has secured Chase Stanley and Atelea Vea on two year deals.

Stanley, from St George Illawarra and Vea, from Cronulla, will shift to Melbourne at the end of the season after agreeing to terms with the Storm until the end of 2011.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said he was delighted by the pair’s decision to join Melbourne.

“We think both players can add something to our playing list for next year and beyond,” Bellamy said.

“We’re confident that if they continue to work hard on their games they will keep getting better as footballers down here in Melbourne.”

The 188cm, 100kg Stanley has played 37 career games, having made his NRL debut as a 17-year-old in 2007.

He has played four NRL games for the Dragons in 2009.

Stanley, who has already played two Tests for New Zealand, shapes as an outside back option for Bellamy in 2010, with Will Chambers and Joseph Tomane to depart at the end of the year.

The Storm’s other signing, Vea, boasts an impressive physique, standing 183cm and weighing in at 103kg.

The powerful back-rower made his NRL debut for Cronulla in round 10 this year.

League Unlimited

Pumba

First Grade
Taumata, who has been sacked by four NRL clubs for a variety of misdemeanours, including assault, has signed a two-year deal with the Tigers for the 2010 season.

However, reports have claimed Brisbane were in talks with the 20-year-old, who is playing in the Queensland Cup with Broncos feeder club Easts.

"There is no problems and Arana will be here next year," McDonnell said.
"We have not had to speak to Brisbane because there is nothing to discuss."

Taumata's manager Sam Ayoub told AAP the story was "complete crap" and said the New Zealand-born playmaker would "without doubt" be plying his trade in Sydney next season.

Link

Noa

First Grade
Like?

I think he's a solid buy.

Careful Pete, your displaying an ability to have a mind of your own.

But I agree, Turner is a good,solid winger who will do the job for the Bulldogs, particularly if he lines up next to Jamal.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In height alone Turner will be a better asset than El Masri. Having said that, he doesn't read defence as well as El Masri has in the past and that will be a concern. We will see I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts