What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

Coach
I would like to have kept Plum, especially now Turner has retired. We still need epth to cover for injuries and IMO, he has the best tackling technique in the NRL.

Big Mick

Referee
Good signing with Laurie. We needed an aggressive prop....hopefully he matures under Petero.

Apparantly we've signed Nigel Plum as well...not sure where that's been confirmed as yet.

Flapper

First Grade
Good signing with Laurie. We needed an aggressive prop....hopefully he matures under Petero.

Apparantly we've signed Nigel Plum as well...not sure where that's been confirmed as yet.

Jesus Christ if you have Penrith will have a f**king monster pack.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Jesus Christ if you have Penrith will have a f**king monster pack.
I havnt seen to much of Nigel Plum but i hear he pulls off some big hits but is that all he offers?
Oh and i remember back in 05 when we had a monster pack under John Lang and we had a shocking year.

Big Mick

Referee
Andrew Farrell, Media Manager of Penrith confirmed both signings of Daine Laurie and Nigel Plum to Penrith.

Official details released later today but they agreed to terms yesterday.

Official media release this afternoon.

I havnt seen to much of Nigel Plum but i hear he pulls off some big hits but is that all he offers?
Oh and i remember back in 05 when we had a monster pack under John Lang and we had a shocking year.

Nigel is a very good defender and can hit like a truck. He doesnt get as many wraps as he should, very underrated. We just have too many backrowers on our books thats why plum wasnt re-signed

mxlegend99

Referee
Nigel Plum is great news and should hopefully help bring out some of the aggression in players like Pritchard and Laurie who are full of potential but seem to use it once in 5 games if they're lucky.

Although more importantly I hope that it keeps Nathan Smith out of first grade.

Nigel is a very good defender and can hit like a truck. He doesnt get as many wraps as he should, very underrated. We just have too many backrowers on our books thats why plum wasnt re-signed

Probably because he spends 3/4's of the season on the sideline injured - even from his Roosters days. Then 1/2 of the time available getting anything resembling match fitness.

nqcowboy87

Bench
2005 dally m rookie of the year tim smith has signed for easts tigers in the qcup, i read it in todays courier mail but so far cant find an online link, they also said he will probably be one of the couple of dual registered players that each broncos feeder clubs nominates which may see him get a call up if theres a halves crisis or during origin period

mongoose

Coach
2005 dally m rookie of the year tim smith has signed for easts tigers in the qcup, i read it in todays courier mail but so far cant find an online link, they also said he will probably be one of the couple of dual registered players that each broncos feeder clubs nominates which may see him get a call up if theres a halves crisis or during origin period

In other words he's signed for the broncos.

badav

Bench
Will his payments go into the cap if he gets a game with the Broncos?

If hes not in their top 25, i dont see why they would

Its no different from when Parramatta call up someone from Wenty, Penrith\Windsor, Roosters\Newtown

etc..

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Sam Burgess has OFFICIALLY signed with Souths for 4 years commencing next year.
Now that will be a MONSTER pack

8. Sam Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Dave Taylor
12. Ed Pettybourne
13. Michael Crocker

14. Ben Ross
15. Luke Stuart
16. Scott Geddes
17. Dave Tyrell

I believe Souths have secured the best young forwards in Aus, GB and NZ in Taylor, Burgess and Pettybourne

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
Is Same Burgess a prop? I always though he looked a bit small to play up front.

He started as a lock when he was 17 but has moved into the front row the last couple of seasons.

At 6ft 5in and 110kg small isnt a word that would usually be used in describing Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.