What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumba

First Grade
Denan Kemp request for release granted

Vodafone Warriors winger Denan Kemp is returning to Australia after asking the club for a release from the second year of his contract.

Kemp (22), signed from the Brisbane Broncos last year, thanked the club for supporting his request.

“I’m grateful the Vodafone Warriors have agreed to my request for a release from next year’s contractual obligations,” he said.

“While I haven’t played as much NRL football as either the club or I would have liked, I have still enjoyed myself here.

“But in the end I really wanted the chance to go back home to try to establish myself.”

Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said Kemp had been released with the club’s best wishes.

“While we’re disappointed Denan has asked for a release, we have reluctantly allowed him to go after only one year of his contract,” he said.

“We wish the season had worked out differently but we thank him for his efforts both on and off the field during the time he has been with us and wish him luck for the future.”

Kemp made 10 NRL appearances for the Vodafone Warriors, scoring a try and kicking 21 goals for a total of 46 points. His last match was against the Broncos on July 3.

He has also appeared for the Auckland Vulcans in the New South Wales Cup this season.

League Unlimited

>zuzu<

Juniors
Now that Bowens out - Cowboys might have a crack at Kemp. cuties money hasnt been used up by the broncos yet either.

skeepe

Immortal
Jarrod Croker re-signs with the Raiders for 2 more years

Croker re-signs with Raiders until 2012

Canberra Raiders star rookie Jarrod Croker will be in green until the end of 2012, after he extended for a further two years on his current deal today at Raiders HQ.

19-year-old Croker will play his 21st match this weekend in his debut NRL season when he lines up against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium, capping off a remarkable year for the Toyota Cup graduate.

After signing the new deal today Croker said he was thrilled to have an extension on his current contract and said being a local junior swayed his decision to stay in the nation&#8217;s capital.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve been trying to sort it out for a few weeks now and it&#8217;s good to get it out of the road and concentrate on the last game this weekend,&#8221; Croker said. &#8220;I&#8217;m only from about an hour down the road (Goulburn) and I&#8217;ve always wanted to stay here.

&#8220;I just had to concentrate on playing good footy and let my manager and the clubs sort it out and I&#8217;m glad it&#8217;s been done.&#8221;

Croker said he wasn&#8217;t sure if there was interest from other clubs in his services, but said there was only one choice when it came to his immediate future.

&#8220;It&#8217;s always been Canberra, I love playing for the Raiders and can&#8217;t wait to finish off this season and get into next year,&#8221; he said. &#8220;It&#8217;s a bit unfortunate we didn&#8217;t get to play semi-final football this year but we&#8217;ve got a couple of years to work on it and hopefully we can be there next year.&#8221;

When asked about his rapid rise to the NRL ranks this season Croker said he had mixed emotions about the season and said he looked forward to exciting times ahead for the Raiders young side.

&#8220;I&#8217;m shocked and surprised but I&#8217;m also keen and excited too. I&#8217;ve got another three years here now and it&#8217;s a good start to my career,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We have plenty of guys coming through with Josh Dugan and Daniel Vidot while there&#8217;s other guys like Drury Low and Mick Picker coming through from the 20&#8217;s and hopefully we can keep everyone together.&#8221;

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the Raiders had continued to focus on the policy of keeping their talented juniors at the club and Croker&#8217;s re-signing was an indication that the policy was working.

&#8220;We realised halfway through last year that we have a really good crop of young kids coming through and we want to keep them together,&#8221; Furner said. &#8220;Having Jarrod now signed up for a further two years is part of this plan.&#8221;

Furner said the Raiders would have a similar squad next season as they continue to focus on development and said the club would continue to back their local talent.

&#8220;The reality is for us is that we are focused on retention rather than recruitment,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We did have our eye on two players but the reality for us is if we think we have better players here already we&#8217;ll back them instead.&#8221;

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=19951

Pumba

First Grade
Preston Campbell re-signs until 2011&#8207;

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have secured a major coup on the eve of the finals with ageless dynamo Preston Campbell putting pen to paper on a new two-year deal with the club.

The 32-year-old excitement machine has been in arguably the best form of his career this season, prompting both he and the Jetstar Titans to come to a new agreement until the end of the 2011 season.

The deal will take Tingha product Campbell through to his 14th season in the National Rugby League after commencing his career with the Gold Coast Chargers as an 18-year-old in 1998.

Jetstar Titans Managing Director Michael Searle said Campbell&#8217;s decision to re-sign with the club for a further two years was a significant one.

&#8220;Preston was the Titans&#8217; first signing before a ball was even kicked in 2007 so the fact he has decided to continue playing with the club for a further two years is exciting,&#8217;&#8217; said Searle.

&#8220;It&#8217;s equally as important that he remains on the Gold Coast for the impact he has on the community off the field as much as he excites people with what he does on the paddock.

&#8220;Preston is again a finalist for the NRL&#8217;s Community Award, the Ken Stephen Medal, this year - an award he won last year - and it&#8217;s a credit to him the way he carries himself on and off the field.&#8217;&#8217;

Campbell thought privately that 2009 could be his last season in the NRL but said he felt better than ever &#8211; a factor he attributed to the Titans coaching staff and the club&#8217;s recovery techniques.

&#8220;At the start of this year I thought this was going to be my last year,&#8217;&#8217; he smiled.

&#8220;But the way things turned out and the way I&#8217;m feeling I&#8217;m really happy to hang around again.

&#8220;It just feels good that the club has still got faith in an old bloke.

&#8220;As long as I feel I&#8217;ve got something to offer I&#8217;m going to hang around and it&#8217;s just good that the club has shown faith in me and the way that I&#8217;m playing.&#8217;&#8217;

Jetstar Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said it was a significant boost to have Campbell staying with the club.

&#8220;It&#8217;s great that Preston is going to be on board again for another two years,&#8217;&#8217; he said.

&#8220;He&#8217;s been in great form for us this year and has been an integral member of the club since day one.&#8217;&#8217;

League Unlimited

legend

Coach
I can't believe the Tigers let Gallant go. I think Sheens will end up regretting letting him go.

I can't believe the Tigers let Gallant go. I think Sheens will end up regretting letting him go.

Sheens just doesn't rate him. Every man and his dog can see he is lightyears ahead of Moltzen as far as a fullback goes (Moltz is a gun halfback though), but not Sheens. I just hope Mullaney can make the transition to NRL, because he is absolutely killing it in the 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.