What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Dogs never had a chance? He still had another year on his contract.

Bronco's would have paid atleast $250k in compensation, but even $1,000,000 is pocket change for the Bronco's.

Bulldogs got 1,500 seats at Broncos vs Bulldogs games for the next 4 years. Dogs are going to package them up for Bulldogs supporters in Queensland to support the team. Probably get $80-100 a pop for those memberships (given what they give for the 2 GA games and other membership stuff selling at $60).

So it's definitely worthwhile, and hopefully leads to many clubs doing something similar (buying seats at other clubs so they can sell membership packages for supporters in those areas, also helping the home club with an increased crowd).

Dogs Of War

Coach
What if the Dogs dont play the Broncos at Suncorp for a season?

I am sure that something would be worked out. It's not as if the draw isn't doctored to a point. So the Dogs would ensure that they get a game against the Broncos in Brisbane. That would mean we could offer members 2 game membership packs in Brisbane (the double header game where we play the Cowboys being the other one).

gronkathon

First Grade
Fingers crossed he re-discovers his form.

I like the idea of Wade running onto an inside ball from Marshall.

A change of club could be the spark he needs

blain

Juniors
He use to be the best support player in the NRL in 2007, but since he did his knee he isnt there. After every tackle you would see him flying past waiting for an off load. that part of his games has been lost, which is a mega shame.

Red Bear

Referee
Not a bad signing for the Tigers.

Allows Ryan to go back to the Wing.
And hopefully for Tigers fans, Fitzhenry to f**k right off.

Regarding his support play, Knee Reco's generally arent 100% till two years after the initial operation, so maybe with a change in club he could get back to that form where he was very good at times for the Warriors

nqcowboy87

Bench

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Titans have released their statement on Michaels too:

Titans secure Steve Michaels

image.php

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today secured the signature of another Gold Coast junior with former Brisbane Broncos centre/winger Steve Michaels agreeing to join the club until the end of 2012.

Michaels, a Mudgeeraba Redbacks junior, joined the Jetstar Titans for his first training session this morning after being granted a mid-season release from the Broncos. He will play for Titans feeder-club the Burleigh Bears this weekend.

The 23-year-old made his NRL debut for the Broncos in 2005 as a teenager and has scored 22 tries in 59 first grade appearances to date.

Jetstar Titans Managing Director Michael Searle said the acquisition of Michaels was an important one for the club given his links with the Gold Coast.

“Steve has been a player of interest for us for a number of years,'' said Searle.

“Importantly he is a Gold Coast junior and his speed and try-scoring ability will add significant depth to the Titans backline over the next three seasons.''

Michaels said he was excited about his new opportunity with the Titans.

“I'm extremely excited to join the likes of Scott Prince and Preston Campbell and hopefully add something to the Titans squad,'' said Michaels.
“I'd like to thank the Broncos for their understanding and I wish my former teammates the very best for the remainder of the season.''
Jetstar Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said Michaels would add to the club's growing list of talented three-quarters.

“Steve has proven he can play at NRL level, having played plenty of first grade both on the wing and in the centres,'' said Cartwright.

“He has been hampered by injuries in recent seasons but he is still just 23 years of age so he has a lot of football left in front of him.''

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19331

Big Mick

Referee
Well it makes sense really.

Rogers is probably gone after this year...Tomane is injured atm.

I'd think Michaels makes multiple appearances this year here and there, but with a view to a starting centre spot in 2011.

Kilkenny

Coach
Another back loaded contract?

I'm fine with it as the rules stand, but should the rules be changed?

I'm just not comfortable with the whole 'back loading' of contracts or acquiring players where the former club plays some of the salary and the acquiring club players the remainder. It just doesn't seem right somehow and it only adds to the argument of the NRL alloting a 'points' system to the status of the player in question regardless of the supposed contract on the table.

Goldthorpe

Bench
BRISBANE BRONCOS
Acquired: Ben Hannant – 2014 [Bulldogs], Shane Tronc - 2010 [Wakefield Trinity]
Released: Steve Michaels [Titans], Lagi Setu [Mormon mission], Tim Smith [Sharks], Israel Folau [AFL - GWS], Antonio Winterstein [Cowboys]
Re-signed: Josh Hoffman [2012], Ben Hunt [2012], Mitchell Dodds [2012], Ben Te'o [2012]

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
Acquired: Aiden Tolman – 2013 [Storm], Trent Hodkinson - 2013 [Sea Eagles], Ryan Tandy - 2010 [Storm]
Released: Ben Hannant [Broncos]
Re-signed: Michael Hodgson [2011], Ben Barba [2012]

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Acquired: Antonio Winterstein - 2013 [Broncos]
Released: Steve Rapira [Warriors]
Re-signed: Johnathan Thurston [2013], James Tamou [2013], Ray Thompson [2012]

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Acquired:
Released: Jarrod Saffy [Super 15 – Melbourne Rebels], Beau Henry [Knights]
Re-signed: Trent Merrin [2012], Michael Weyman [2013], Matt Prior [2013], Jamie Soward [2013]

PARRAMATTA EELS
Acquired:
Released: Feleti Mateo [Warriors], Krisnan Inu [Warriors]
Re-signed: Luke Burt [2012]

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
Acquired: Siuatonga Likiliki - 2012 [Warriors], Beau Henry - 2014 [Dragons]
Released: Cooper Vuna [Super 15 – Melbourne Rebels]
Re-signed:

PENRITH PANTHERS
Acquired:
Released:
Re-signed: Petero Civoniceva [2012]. Travis Burns [2013], Kevin Kingston [2013], Luke Walsh [2012]

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Acquired: Jamian Lowe - 2010 [Northern Pride], Craig Stapleton - 2010 [Wests Illawarra]
Released:
Re-signed: Scott Geddes [2012]. Shannan McPherson [2012], Shaune Corrigan [2011], Chris McQueen [2011], Eddy Pettybourne [2012], Jason Clark [2012], Ben Lowe [2012]

CANBERRA RAIDERS
Acquired: Adam Mogg – 2010 [Les Catalan]
Released:
Re-signed: Josh McCrone [2012], Trevor Thurling [2013]

SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Acquired:
Released:
Re-signed:

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES
Acquired:
Released: Trent Hodkinson [Bulldogs], Josh Perry [St Helens]
Re-signed: Jamie Lyon [2013], Anthony Watmough [2014], Daly Cherry-Evans [2013]

CRONULLA SHARKS
Acquired: Tim Smith - 2011 [Broncos]
Released:
Re-signed:

MELBOURNE STORM
Acquired:
Released: Aiden Tolman [Bulldogs], Ryan Tandy [Bulldogs]
Re-signed:

WESTS TIGERS
Acquired: Wade McKinnon – 2011 [Warriors]
Released:
Re-signed: Gareth Ellis [2013]

GOLD COAST TITANS
Acquired: Steve Michaels – 2012 [Broncos]
Released:
Re-signed:

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Acquired: Feleti Mateo – 2013 [Eels], Krisnan Inu – 2013 [Eels], Steve Rapira – 2012 [Cowboys]
Released: Wade McKinnon [Tigers], Siuatonga Likiliki [Knights]
Re-signed: Michael Luck [2012], Lewis Brown [2012], Brett Seymour [2011], Ukuma Ta'ai [2011], Jeremy Latimore [2011]

Please let me know if I have missed any players?

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
nice work Goldthorpe!

good to have it all in front of you....

If the warriors stay fit and get a decent coach they could be a force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts