What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplythebest

Juniors
Great signing, will help feel the void of Hannant but i feel we need at least 1 more prop.

I think you guys have signed more than enough talent given the cap. You guys got Turner, Kilifi, Payne, Halatau, Green, Paea this season. Who did you guys lose? Eastwood (who was on peanuts cos his visa was screwed last year) and Holdsworth. But you upgraded Bryson, resigned Idris and Barba, and have Tolman coming in (who wouldn't be on a great deal less Hannant is on) and you still want another prop!

Look at teams like the Tigers and Canberra and how many players they get recruit each year... Don't be so greedy.

Johns Magic

Referee
Always the way with all clubs.

When players sign....they signed for Unders to play for the club.

When they leave, then they are the highest paid player at the club.

Haha, I've made that same post a few times.

Just a shame Hannant didn't leave two weeks ago because they could've got Jonathon Thurston with his money...

Oh well, now they'll be able to go after Cam Smith :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
And Jarrod Saffy (Dragons) --> Melbourne Rebels - Source (Voss - Ch.9)

Sorry if this is old news.

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
Vuna will be a loss. He has been playing pretty well for Newcastle after being dumped by us, and especially this year.

Big Mick

Referee
So much for John O'Neill's "We are going to develop our own and not sign established Rugby League players any more"

Then followed with "We have a great feeder system in place, its called Rugby League"

In all honesty, I hope both of them are flops...just to show O'Neill that he's a knob.

He's up there with Demitripoo as a CEO.

Sleep

Juniors
Yep. Once he said he wanted out he was as good as gone. I'll be surprised if the Bulldogs get anything worthwhile for him in terms of "compensation" as well.

As soon as Petero resigned with Penrith you knew Brisbane would go at Hannant full tilt too. Dogs never had a chance.

Dogs never had a chance? He still had another year on his contract.

Bronco's would have paid atleast $250k in compensation, but even $1,000,000 is pocket change for the Bronco's.

Big Mick

Referee
Bulldogs made their mind up when they signed Aiden Tolman. That was the indication he was free to go home.

Its better for both clubs. You don't want a guy there who doesn't want to be there. It feeds to other players.

To paraphrase a Lombardi quote, a positive feeling spreads like wildfire, as do negative thoughts.

Sleep

Juniors
Even with the year to run it was highly unlikely the Dogs would force a player who isn't happy to stay with them. Sooner or later it will or would of started affecting his play.

It's best for them they cut him loose and pick someone else up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts