What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

imasharkie

Coach
Pumba said:
Does anyone know when any of the coaches are off contract?

It now leaves Graham Murray (Cowboys), Steve Folkes (Bulldogs), Nathan Brown (Dragons), Tim Sheens (Tigers) and Des Hasler (Manly) off contract at the end of next season.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I could have sworn that Michael Hagan was only signed to a 2 year deal and same with Jason Taylor at Souths, even if they are, it looks like both will be staying at their clubs.

NthKnight

imasharkie said:
It now leaves Graham Murray (Cowboys), Steve Folkes (Bulldogs), Nathan Brown (Dragons), Tim Sheens (Tigers) and Des Hasler (Manly) off contract at the end of next season.

Brian Smith is only signed till the end of 08 at the Knights too

The Nature Boy

Juniors
Sheens to sign new Tigers deal
By Margie McDonald
December 18, 2007 ANOTHER piece of the coaching puzzle will fall into place when Wests Tigers announce Tim Sheens will extend his time with the club until 2010.

Hot on the heels of Ricky Stuart announcing he will remain at Cronulla until 2011, Sheens putting pen to paper removes another high-quality coach from the market.

Up until last weekend, there were five coaches whose contracts were due to run out next season: Stuart, Sheens, Nathan Brown at St George Illawarra, Steve Folkes at the Bulldogs and Graham Murray at the North Queensland Cowboys.

Brown and Folkes are rumoured to be under pressure to perform over the first six to eight rounds of the season.

But the removal of talent such as Stuart, 2002 premiership winner with the Roosters and the Test coach, and Sheens, a four-time premiership winner with Canberra (1989, 90, 94) and with the Tigers (2005) might ease the pressure a little.

But former Warriors coach Daniel Anderson has made no secret of the fact he would like to coach in the NRL in 2009. His success in England with St Helens, where he has won the Challenge Cup, Super League grand finals and the World Club Challenge, will not have gone unnoticed.

Wests Tigers chief executive Steve Noyce would not confirm Sheens re-signing last night, but it is understood the deal has been done.

Despite the speculation over the future of several coaches, there will be no changes for the start of the 2008 season, in contrast to 2007 when seven clubs had a new man in charge: Canberra (Neil Henry), Sharks (Stuart), Newcastle (Brian Smith), Parramatta (Michael Hagan), Penrith (Matt Elliott), Souths (Jason Taylor) and Roosters (Chris Anderson).

Chris Anderson left the Roosters after a 56-0 hammering from Manly in round 17. Brad Fittler was appointed coach.

It was the second year in a row the Roosters sacked their coach, dropping Stuart in August 2006.

www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22940685-23214,00.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
I could have sworn that Michael Hagan was only signed to a 2 year deal and same with Jason Taylor at Souths, even if they are, it looks like both will be staying at their clubs.

3 years..I'd say if we have a half decent start to the year, we'll extrend a season or 2 by June.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
DISCARDED KNIGHTS – GOOD VALUE FOR BATTLING CLUBS

Can someone tell me why no club has picked up discarded knights Daniel Abraham & Milton Thaiday. Abraham was crucified By Smith. He played him at Five-Eighth and then cut him because of a lack of form. Thaiday looked like being the another Matty Bowen before he got injured.

As it currently stands Abraham is going to play Premier Grade for Central Coast and Thaiday is going to play in the Newcastle comp.

Surely a clubs like the Bulldogs, Penrith, Tigers or Cronulla would benefit from signing either of these at basement prices.

girvie

Staff member
APRIL BELLE said:

Can someone tell me why no club has picked up discarded knights Daniel Abraham & Milton Thaiday. Abraham was crucified By Smith. He played him at Five-Eighth and then cut him because of a lack of form. Thaiday looked like being the another Matty Bowen before he got injured.

As it currently stands Abraham is going to play Premier Grade for Central Coast and Thaiday is going to play in the Newcastle comp.

Surely a clubs like the Bulldogs, Penrith, Tigers or Cronulla would benefit from signing either of these at basement prices.
I heard that Abraham won't be with the Central Coast anymore because he's going to England.

richies

Juniors
APRIL BELLE said:

the dogs hVE ENOUGH SECOND ROWERS
WE NEED QUALITY PROPS!!!

The Tank

Bench
APRIL BELLE said:

I wouldn't want either at Penrith.

Status
Not open for further replies.