What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley

Bench
Hopefully right this time...

Updated Player Movements 2008/2009

Primary Source: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/movement/
Secondary Source: The Mack

Brisbane BRONCOS
Coach: Ivan Henjak
Gains: Israel Folau (Storm)
Losses: Wayne Bennett (Coach – Dragons), Ben Hannant (Bulldogs), Denan Kemp (Warriors), Michael Ennis (Bulldogs), Joel Moon (Warriors) Shane Perry (Les Catalans)
Re-signed: Corey Parker (2011), Dave Taylor (2009), Justin Hodges (2011), Greg Eastwood (2009), Sam Thaiday (2009), Steve Michaels (2009), Karmichael Hunt (2009), Darren Lockyer (2009), PJ Marsh (2010), Joel Clinton (2010), Ashton Sims (2010), Peter Wallace (2009), David Stagg (2009), Darius Boyd (2009), Joel Moon (2009)
Off-Contract: Tonie Carroll, Nick Emmett, Craig Frawley, Tom Hewitt

Got Joel Moon twice.

Pumba

First Grade
Wests Tigers have taken up the option of signing four very talented players from the current Toyota Cup squad.
Full-back Blake Lazarus (pictured), centre Blake Ayshford, winger Peni Tagive and half-back Wayde Dunley will form part of the Wests Tigers top 25 squad in season 2009.
They join Tim Moltzen in the top 25 squad after he was signed up earlier in the year.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1790

It doesn't say how long they have signed up for.

Also how long did Shane Perry sign for?

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/articles/2008/06/27/1214472767680.html?page=2

The Bulldogs have continued their recruitment and retention drive for incoming coach Kevin Moore, re-signing prop Jarrad Hickey for two more seasons. The 23-year-old had been courted by several clubs, but the local junior is seen as a future Bulldogs leader by the club. "I had no intention of going anywhere else. I grew up in the area and started my football here, and I'd love to finish off in the blue and white as well," Hickey said.

Phillips

Referee
re-signing prop Jarrad Hickey for two more seasons. The 23-year-old had been courted by several clubs

Jim Beam Cup Sides?

Patorick

Staff member
re-signing prop Jarrad Hickey for two more seasons. The 23-year-old had been courted by several clubs

Jim Beam Cup Sides?
5158454_logoIMG.jpg

Springwood

Juniors
Michael Hodgson
Josh Lewis
James Stosic
Kris Kahler
Gavin Cooper
Luke Swain

All being released by the Titans

Will Matthews Shannon Walker Kayne Lawton to full time squad in 09

Brad Meyers will remain on 2 year deal

All in todays courier mail

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23947581-10389,00.html

Gold Coast Titans wield the axe
Article from: The Courier-Mail

* Font size: Decrease Increase
* Email article: Email
* Print article: Print
* Submit comment: Submit comment

By Matt Marshall

June 30, 2008 12:00am

GOLD Coast's desire to push through its promising batch of homegrown stars has left six NRL squad members on the scrap heap for next season.

Former Test prop Brad Meyers will be the last off-contract Titan to be handed a deal for 2008, with half a dozen players told to pack their bags.

The Titans' cleanout will claim regular first-grader Michael Hodgson plus Gavin Cooper, Luke Swain, James Stosic, Kris Kahler and Josh Lewis - who have all failed to find permanent spots this campaign.

Hodgson, who has played 15 first-grade games this year, is set to link with the Bulldogs next year alongside Broncos duo Ben Hannant and Michael Ennis.

His five off-contract teammates are still searching for new homes, having fallen victim to the club's policy to nurture its own development system.

The stocktake will see emerging under-20s trio Shannon Walker, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawton join the top squad in '09 with key signings Will Zillman and Sam Tagataese.

Meyers, who played three Origin games and four Tests in 2001, is in the final stages of negotiating a two-year deal, likely to be his last.

Cooper's exit will end a disappointing two-year stint with the Titans after the Murgon product arrived from Townsville earmarked as a future Origin star.

Despite a stunning debut season with North Queensland in 2006, Cooper has failed to hit top flight as a Titan, despite 32 appearances.

"I'm getting limited opportunity," Cooper said. "It's frustrating but I'm biding my time. You can't walk around with your lip on the ground."

Swain, who claimed a premiership with Penrith in 2003, has been squeezed out of the NRL squad since the arrival of Maroons utility Ash Harrison.

The 26-year-old, limited to just eight NRL hitouts this campaign, is now hunting a new deal.

Lewis - who played 11 games in 2007 after joining the Coast from the Roosters mid-year - has failed to cut the mustard this season.

Stosic (18 games) and Kahler (17) will also go after limited opportunities in the club's second year.

Charlie124

First Grade
Id be happy for the Cowboys to pick up Josh Lewis and Gavin Cooper, he was the one player i was most dissapointed about losing (who was just going to another NRL side) a couple of years ago. Hed slot right in when Faumuina f**ks off. And Lewis could work well next to Thurston since Burns has been a dud

Jono078

Referee
Josh Lewis and Gavin Cooper would be a good buy for most clubs.

I reckon Lewis at the Tigers would be good if they do lose Head.

Gallus Gallus

Juniors
lewis is a good player imo, he deserves a regular first grade spot at a club when that happens he will surprise alot of people with his talent

Status
Not open for further replies.