What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope Stagg goes, Teo can replace him. I don't mind Teo, he just needs a real kick up the arse and someone to tell him that he won't be in the side if he doesn't perform!

lockyno1

Post Whore
We have enough guys that can "tackle" and to be honest Stagg misses a lot of tackles anyway. He can go with Bennett for all I care. Stagg goes- I don't have to see him playing centre or 5/8 for Brisbane. Positive news!

Dazzat

First Grade
We have enough guys that can "tackle" and to be honest Stagg misses a lot of tackles anyway. He can go with Bennett for all I care. Stagg goes- I don't have to see him playing centre or 5/8 for Brisbane. Positive news!

And who are these people who can 'tackle' and rack up 40+ in a game?

I prefer Stagg playing in the forwards, but no matter where he plays, he makes a valuable contribution in defence. But you wouldn't notice that ... you're took busy looking at Boyd's butt.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/07/16/11110_sports.html

Another Eel slips away

Jason Avedissian

16 July 2008

Top Parramatta junior Trent Hodgkinson has signed with the Sea Eagles.

FOR the second time in two months Manly have poached an outstanding Parramatta junior who is being tipped to succeed Sea Eagles captain Matt Orford.

The Manly Daily can reveal rookie Eels half Trent Hodkinson has agreed to terms with the Sea Eagles for the next two seasons.

The signing has left Eels officials privately seething after massive winger Tony Williams agreed to join Manly in May.

Hodkinson is currently out injured following knee reconstruction surgery at the start of the year.

He was being groomed by the Eels to play in the NRL next season.

But now it appears the 19-year-old will do that at Manly.

"I reckon he will progress and be Manly's next long-term halfback after Orford," Hodkinson's manager David Riolo told the Daily yesterday.

"He's outstanding and is a great signing."

Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald appeared unconcerned when contacted about the latest Eel to join Manly.

"They know we develop good players," he said.

"That's OK. Players are free to go wherever they like.

"It doesn't matter (that he's going to Manly) ... you can't keep them all."

Hodkinson represented the Junior Kangaroos last year and is considered a genuine NRL player of the future.

The teenager is the latest in a very lengthy queue of Parramatta players and officials that stretches back to the likes of Peter Peters, Geoff Gerard, Noel Cleal and more recently Jamie Lyon to have left the club for Manly.

Hodkinson's signature is the third Eels junior to join Manly over the past 12 months following the valuable acquisitions of David Williams and Tony Williams (not related).

David joined in the summer and has gone on to establish himself on Manly's wing.

Tony made his NRL debut for the Eels this year but will join his Parramatta buddies at Brookvale in 2009.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer yesterday refused to speculate on Hodkinson's arrival.

Tickets are selling fast for Friday night's match against the Eels with Manly fans encouraged to pre-purchase through Ticketek or Manly League Club.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/07/16/11110_sports.html

Another Eel slips away

"That's OK. Players are free to go wherever they like.

"It doesn't matter (that he's going to Manly) ... you can't keep them all." - DickFitz

Thanks Dick Fitz it would help if we kept some of our best young players!!

Geez that $150k thats wasted on Todd lowrie or $250k for a winger playing NSW Cup would have been handy or just $100k of that $400k we pay Cayless may have actually helped give us a team that will be able to compete for finals footy for the next 2 seasons.

Congrats Manly - For all of the hoopla re Tony Williams, I would not be surprised if Hodgko proves to be a better signing. In my opinion he is the best half back prospect since Tim Smith first came to the club. He has an excellent organsiational game, great kicking and solid passing game.

If he had not done his knee this year, I firmly believe he would be playing half and Finch would have stayed at 5/8.

I cannot blame him for leaving Manly have their sh*t together on the field and we can offer a young bloke neither.

Things are looking grim for next season - Riddell, T-Rex, Hodgko, John Mannah, the Chad and possibly Fui all gone. Cayless & Hindy not getting any younger!! NQ warm up that wooden spoon for next season.

Patorick

Staff member
Yeah. Cleal and co do a good job. Only real shocker they signed over the last few years was Ashley Alberts.

Yeah. Cleal and co do a good job. Only real shocker they signed over the last few years was Ashley Alberts.

Looks to me like they do f#ck all apart from sit out the front of Parra training and talk to all the NYC players on the way out. It doesn't take much effort to drive from Manly to Parra.

Downie

Guest Moderator

To be fair, the bloke was naturally talented, he just didn't have the mental toughness and aptitude for NRL footy.

Also, David Vaeliki, but he was only supposed to be a back-up anyway, and Michael Witt. And also a few promising juniors who have gone on to be anything but, such as Karl Johnson or whatever his name was.

But apart from those few yeah, our recruitment has been pretty top notch.

stuke

Bench
To be fair, the bloke was naturally talented, he just didn't have the mental toughness and aptitude for NRL footy.

Also, David Vaeliki, but he was only supposed to be a back-up anyway, and Michael Witt. And also a few promising juniors who have gone on to be anything but, such as Karl Johnson or whatever his name was.

But apart from those few yeah, our recruitment has been pretty top notch.

what about all the other Parra nuffies that Cleal pinched and were going to be world beaters? you signed a whole heap around the time you got Witt and very few ever did anything. Cleal has been shown up since leaving Parra as he was reliant on his 'bush sources' and Parra's cheque book.

RainMan

Juniors
what about all the other Parra nuffies that Cleal pinched and were going to be world beaters? you signed a whole heap around the time you got Witt and very few ever did anything.

Get real, they filled a hole. Manly basically had to re-start after the merger debacle. That was it. I'd be surprised if any Manly fan thought they would achieve anything.

Scott Donald and Kylie Leulai being the exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.