What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainMan

Juniors
Seeya Beaver :(

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24034767-23214,00.html

Beaver heading to Bradford

July 17, 2008 MANLY veteran Steve Menzies has confirmed a Super League swansong after agreeing to a one-year deal with Bradford for next season.
Menzies will join the Bulls after completing his 16th season in the NRL, his stint including 13 years with Manly sandwiched around three seasons with the shortlived Northern Eagles franchise.
The 15-Test veteran made his first grade debut in 1993, and made a name for himself as the games's most prolific try-scoring forward.

His 338 first grade games is second only to Terry Lamb (349) for most first grade games ever played, while he trails only Ken Irvine (212) for most tries, having crossed the stripe on 171 occasions.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont really care either way about Amos, although with Faiumu leaving we need another interchange hooker. Id be interested to see how a 6. Thurston 7. Watts combo would would long term, i really like Watts but he just isnt a good enough fullback, hands like feet. T Burns is an absolute dud, wouldnt bat an eyelid if he was given the boot.

Very keen to get Cooper back if thats true, i was a huge fan of his when he left.

Patorick

Staff member
Yeah Watts is a turnstile in defence, especially near the line.

Think you're being a bit tough on Burns. He's more of a defensive player and has not really suited the Cowboys style of play, IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not.

Iosefa is better at the moment and will be better next year by more than now.

Seeing them together has even more highlighted to me that Iosefa is quality and our play is so much quicker and sharper when he is on the field.

Great club man Priddis, but it was time to move on.

The Nature Boy

Juniors
Yeah Aiton is contrated till the end of 2009 but he gave Elliott an almighty drunkin spray a few weeks about his lack of coaching ability.
I carn't disagree with that one.

ethos

Live Update Team
Yeah Aiton is contrated till the end of 2009 but he gave Elliott an almighty drunkin spray a few weeks about his lack of coaching ability.

That's hilarious. :lol:

Priddis isn't really a massive loss for the Panthers though. Iosefa's definitely a star of the future.

Actually forget star of the future, he's carving it up already.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.cowboys.com.au/news.php?id=537

Mark Henry has re-signed with the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys for a further two years.

Henry debuted at the Cowboys in 2006 and has played 33 first grade games for the club.

Cowboys Football General Manager Dean Lance is delighted to have retained Henry.

"Mark has been a great contributor to the Cowboys during his time here," Lance said today. "There is no doubt that he has been one of our most consistent players this year."

The club has also announced three new signings, each with two-year contracts: Clint Amos (Gold Coast Titans), back rower Mitchell Achurch (Wests Tigers) and front rower James Tamou (Roosters).

Charlie124

First Grade
http://www.cowboys.com.au/news.php?id=537

Mark Henry has re-signed with the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys for a further two years.

Henry debuted at the Cowboys in 2006 and has played 33 first grade games for the club.

Cowboys Football General Manager Dean Lance is delighted to have retained Henry.

"Mark has been a great contributor to the Cowboys during his time here," Lance said today. "There is no doubt that he has been one of our most consistent players this year."

The club has also announced three new signings, each with two-year contracts: Clint Amos (Gold Coast Titans), back rower Mitchell Achurch (Wests Tigers) and front rower James Tamou (Roosters).

Who and who? anyone know much about these two? please tell me theyre big hard/straight running forwards rather than sideways running little "forwards". Id give anything for a Dayne Laurie/Moi Moi style player who actually breaks the line. Oh and one that can hold the ball while being tackled.

Big Pete

Referee
Mitchell Achurch is a 195cm second rower currently in the West Tigers NYC squad.

James Tamou is a 193cm prop currently playing in the Roosters NYC squad.

Havn't seen both but they're nice prospects.

Charlie124

First Grade
Yeah Watts is a turnstile in defence, especially near the line.

Think you're being a bit tough on Burns. He's more of a defensive player and has not really suited the Cowboys style of play, IMO.

:( yep that sums it up pretty well.

Honestly though, Burns has shown nothing more than his grubby side while at the club, suspended for lengthy periods twice in his first year while showing nothing at all when he IS available.

Id love to see either:

1. ????
6. Bowen (if he is still keen on playing there
7. Thurston
9. Payne
14. Watts

or

1. Bowen
6. Watts
7. Thurston
9. Payne
14. Amos