What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigskin

Juniors
Chase
Gasnier
Ryles
Cashmere
Crocker
SBW

Are all big losses IMO.

While the likes of Buderus and Menzies can do as they please, some of those players still have so much to offer our competition and to de-value them is honestly being far too narrow minded.

Fans have been complaining for weeks about the quality of the matches and yet some fans believe it has nothing to do with the player drain? Of course it has to do with the player drain! The NRL has to do something about this pronto as I feel this is only the beginning.

You speak a lot of sense here Pete.

And although in the main I agree with the summation notes of a lot of the other players above ... its extremely narrow minded to not acknowledge that players like Faiumu, Riddell, Peterson, Vaeliki and Sargent add to the depth of every club.

Sure they will be replaced in time, but the youngsters coming through need to earn their stripes and in due course usurp these players in the top grade. Not have them drop out of existence and HAVE to be replaced by players perhaps before their time.

Its all about maintaining the highest standard competition possible ... and losing every single player on the list detracts from the standard.

To dismiss players as "reserve grader" or "past his best" is just head in the sand stuff and shows a lack of understanding and maturity.

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
If/When they are good enough, they will get into top grade ... until then a better player will maintain their position

Oink !

Sugar

Bench
Canberra RAIDERS
Coach: David Furner
Assistant Coach: Ian Millward (2010)
Gains: Stuart Flanagan (Tigers - 2011), David Shillington (Roosters - 2012)
Losses: William Zillman (Titans), Neil Henry (Coach – Cowboys), Michael Weyman (Dragons), Michael Dobson (Hull KR - 2008), Ryan Hinchliffe (Storm), Colin Best (Souths), Marshall Chalk (Celtic Crusaders)
Re-signed: Todd Carney (2012), Phil Graham (2009), Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (2009), Josh Miller (2009), Joe Picker (2010), Nigel Plum (2009), Troy Thompson (2010), Dane Tilse (2010), Lincoln Withers (2009), Nigel Plum (2009), Joel Monaghan (2010), Trevor Thurling (2010), Bronx Goodwin (2011), Adrian Purtell (2011), Justin Carney (2010), Glen Buttriss (2009), Terry Campese (2010), David Milne (2011)
Off-Contract: Neville Costigan, Ben Jones, Brad Kelly, Scott Logan, Glenn Turner
I heard on the local news the raiders had signed him for 2 more years

Stalefish

Juniors
Cronk wouldn't be half the player he is if it wasn't for the other players around him at the Storm.

I mean i'd love to get paid 250k just to pass the ball to Inglis..

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10525382

Sonny Bill Williams' code switch has been confirmed with the Kiwi rugby league international signing with French rugby club Toulon, AFP reported today.
Toulon's president Mourad Boudjellal told AFP Williams has joined the club for one year with an option of another year.
"(Williams) has confirmed his complete desire to finish with rugby league to switch over to union," Boudjellal said.
Williams walked out on a five-year contract with National Rugby League club Canterbury Bulldogs to join Toulon last two weeks ago.
Canterbury, with the NRL's support, are attempting to legally enforce the 22-year-old's contract, however Boudjellal cannot see Williams returning to the 13-a-side code.
"I can't see him going back to league. That seems to be a closed chapter in his career."

Pumba

First Grade
Panthers centre, Michael Jennings, has today extended his contract with the Panthers until the end of 2011 season.

CEO Michael Leary said Jennings has proved to be an outstanding product of the junior development system in place in the Penrith district.

“I’m pleased that we are able to announce the extension of Michael Jennings’ contract with the Panthers,” Leary said.

“Michael is an exciting young player who continues to amaze fans with his exceptional ability and speed with the ball. His selection into the Australian World Cup squad is further proof of his potential in the game”.

http://penrith.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=823

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts