What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
The one going around is just an AI generated one by newspapers.

The NRL rejected the original Bears logo?
“This will be done through an adaptation of the Bears logo to suit NRL competition requirements and full integration of the red and black colours that are synonymous with the mighty Bears.”

I could’ve worded my post better

Peter Cumins, Chairman of Western Bears, said:

“Many thanks to the Premier of Western Australia Roger Cook for his magnificent support and to Daniel Dickson Chairman of the North Sydney Bears for his significant contribution to bring this fantastic alliance to fruition. Should our bid be successful, we intend to make the Western Bears a club that Western Australians can proudly embrace and to bring together Bears fans from the East Coast to the West Coast.”

Daniel Dickson, Chairman of North Sydney Bears, said:

“After 25 years in hibernation it will be great to see the Bears back where they belong in the NRL. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with the WA Government and WA consortium group to bring the dream to reality and the hard work of all parties involved. The Western Bears will reenergise our passionate fan base and introduce a new market to our proud history and heritage. One club with a national footprint is great for the game.”
Still sounds a little like to me they are pulling in different directions and the NS Bears side of the venture still dream of being in control.

MugaB

Coach
There are no answers yet.

No one knows if the Western Bears are being set up like a joint venture like the Wests Tigers & St George Illawarra Dragons or a full relocation similar to the Sydney Swans.
Nothing to join to... its not a merger

Matt_CBY

Juniors
“This will be done through an adaptation of the Bears logo to suit NRL competition requirements and full integration of the red and black colours that are synonymous with the mighty Bears.”

I could’ve worded my post better
So yellow is out?