What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=16756

Titans re-sign boom youngster

Written by: Adam Gardini
August 6th, 2008 8:11pm
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have secured the services of one of the hottest prospects in the NRL after re-signing local talent Jordan Rankin until the end of 2011.
Rankin, who is currently representing the Australian Schoolboys in a series against teams from Great Britain and France, has agreed to a new three-year deal with the club.
The Palm Beach Currumbin High School student has emerged as a potential star of the future this season after being brought through the Titans development system.
Playing well above his age, the 16-year-old captained the Titans’ SG Ball (under-18) side to a finals appearance in their first season in the junior competition earlier this year and has since stepped up to play with the Titans’ NYC (under-20) side.
The Burleigh junior, who was initially recruited as a fullback but is being groomed as a halfback, is rated as having the potential to play first grade within the next 12 months.

Jetstar Titans managing director Michael Searle said the signing of Rankin to a long-term deal was a coup for the club.
“Jordan is clearly a great talent and his decision to re-sign with the Titans for the next three seasons is a significant one,’’ said Searle.
“Although he is just 16, he has shown great maturity in stepping up to SG Ball and NYC level. He is showing signs that it won’t be long before he is playing first grade for the Titans.
“This is a another great example of our young players coming through our system and remaining with the club to represent the city in the National Rugby League.”
Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said Rankin had the attributes to play first grade, provided his progress continued in the coming years.
“He’s definitely got the potential to play first grade down the track and it’s great news for the club that we’ve signed him up,’’ said Cartwright.
“He’s had a starring role with the Australian schoolboys, has been starring at Palm Beach Currumbin and has also played four or five games for our under-20s side and they haven’t lost a game while he’s been there either.’’
Rankin is still only in year 11 at Palm Beach Currumbin high school and said he had ambitions to break through in the NRL while he was still a student.
“It’s been a dream of mine to play for the Titans ever since they came into the competition,’’ said Rankin.
“I don’t think I was going to sign anywhere else even though other clubs had shown interest.
“One of my goals is to play NRL while I’m still at school.
“I feel there is the opportunity to do that with the Titans.’’
In other news, Jetstar Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Mat Rogers will miss Monday night's clash against Newcastle at Skilled Park after accepting an early guilty plea to a contrary conduct charge.
The charge, combined with carryover points from a previous offence, means Rogers will miss one match.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dissapointed we've signed a player that fits into positions we have a sh*tload of depth in. We need a halfback more then anything. Another front rower wouldn't hurt us either.

Although maybe Matt Elliott will look at shifting Waterhouse to the front row as he did with Tony Puletua this season?

cupid

Juniors
“Jeremy is a great player and will fit in well with the young half backs currently on the team. He is a great leader on the field and has a good kicking game, so is just the kind of player we need as we strengthen the squad in preparation for Super League.”....:lol:

Patorick

Staff member
James Maloney (Wentworthville) -> Storm
Mark Bryant (Manly) -> Celtic Crusaders
Bryson Goodwin (Sharks) -> Bulldogs

Source: RLW

Status
Not open for further replies.