What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Practically all home grown*

We signed Wallace cheap in any case & turned him into a rep. player. Other guy is Te'o and allegedly he was no good...he's been in the Origin frame since he signed with us.

X-Factor pull your head in a bit. It's one thing to retain quality players, it's another to lure them year after year.

Agreed

The Broncos build their players into reps. The Dogs buy them as reps

Lol Coming from a Knights fan... The only reason any of your players are ever representatives are because of Johns; if it wasn't for him your team would never have a player in origin.

/troll.

X-Factor pull your head in a bit. It's one thing to retain quality players, it's another to lure them year after year.

We're talking about recruitment/retention and balancing the books.

There is no doubt we have poached far too much in recent seasons, but what Johns Magic was alluding to was our ability to stay under the cap whilst signing some great players.

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't mean it as an insult.

But Brisbane aren't anything like the Bulldogs. We're not as active with our first grade recruitment as you which is what was being judged.

Big Pete

Referee
Which is my point

Easy to balance books when you're not signing marquee talents from elsewhere.

Dogs deserve to be commended.

Especially when 12 players doesn't go into 2 signings. 10 others need replacing and they'll likely be min-contract guys as well.

Essentially the Dogs only really have Stagg & couple of others off-contract.

But the reason they are able to sign these guys is because Greenberg is a great administrator. The standard for the NRL. No other reason.

I'm sure people were saying the same about Waldron only 5 years ago.

Not saying the dogs are cheating the cap , but let's face it there is always going to be a stink about them because of their history.

Patorick

Staff member
Good news.

I can see Jorge playing in the second-row for us one day.

Strong runner of the ball, just has to work on his hands.

ek999

First Grade
They're after relief this year aren't they? Because they can't play anyone outside their top 25 or they will breach the cap.

What does that have to do with next year?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They're after relief this year aren't they? Because they can't play anyone outside their top 25 or they will breach the cap.

What does that have to do with next year?

I believe any contract players for 2013 and onwards that they released to go another club with a contract top from penrith - they did not want this top up amount included in the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts