What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
I believe any contract players for 2013 and onwards that they released to go another club with a contract top from penrith - they did not want this top up amount included in the cap

I see. My bad then. Jennings or some other high profile player out the door then?

soc123_au

Staff member
Our cap is farked THIS year. Thats why Gus is seeking cap relief. When will you merkins learn to read. The smoke & mirrors, combined with shit journalism probably didnt hurt though!

Big Mick

Referee
God Bunniesman, you are simple. Only read the Telegraph?

The cap relief is for 2012 after all our injuries we are already at our cap (in particular our 2nd tier cap). Not necessarily in the future. Gus asked for dispensation to promote NYC players to first grade without being fined for it. Daily Telecrap pick up the story...see that cap situation in 2014 is a bit dodge right now...and say that the relief is for 2014....which is wrong. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a story you can milk for weeks.

The Jennings thing appears to be just posturing...there is enough budget there and Gus confirmed today that Jennings is still within the budget after signing Manu.

Let me break down the Math for you.

We made a $300k offer to Michael Gordon which was not accepted.

We signed Lewis Brown before that offer was made so that money was still available. Still with me? That's $300k in cap space before anything else that is available...

From that $300k we've signed Sika Manu ($350k) & Dean Whare ($150k) as a rough estimate.

The remaining $200k is coming from blokes who were released this or last year that will not be on the books next year like Yileen Gordon & Daine Laurie along with guys that were let go early in Brandon Gibb & Shannon Wakeman. Along with guys that are off-contract that wont be re-signed (Sandor Earl for example) that will be replaced by NYC players in Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi etc.

It aint hard...do the math. Be better than the Telegraph.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Ryles re-signed for one more year. Laugh if you will but he's been excellent for the Storm this year.

Panfas

Juniors
God Bunniesman, you are simple. Only read the Telegraph?

The cap relief is for 2012 after all our injuries we are already at our cap (in particular our 2nd tier cap). Not necessarily in the future. Gus asked for dispensation to promote NYC players to first grade without being fined for it. Daily Telecrap pick up the story...see that cap situation in 2014 is a bit dodge right now...and say that the relief is for 2014....which is wrong. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a story you can milk for weeks.

The Jennings thing appears to be just posturing...there is enough budget there and Gus confirmed today that Jennings is still within the budget after signing Manu.

Let me break down the Math for you.

We made a $300k offer to Michael Gordon which was not accepted.

We signed Lewis Brown before that offer was made so that money was still available. Still with me? That's $300k in cap space before anything else that is available...

From that $300k we've signed Sika Manu ($350k) & Dean Whare ($150k) as a rough estimate.

The remaining $200k is coming from blokes who were released this or last year that will not be on the books next year like Yileen Gordon & Daine Laurie along with guys that were let go early in Brandon Gibb & Shannon Wakeman. Along with guys that are off-contract that wont be re-signed (Sandor Earl for example) that will be replaced by NYC players in Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi etc.

It aint hard...do the math. Be better than the Telegraph.
:clap: well said Mick

The Joker

Juniors
Rugby League Week‏@LeagueWeek
The Eels have confirmed the re-signings of Matt Ryan, Ken Sio and Joseph Paulo to new two-year deals. #nrl

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Tim Glasby played Under 20's for the Panthers a few years ago. Always wondered what happened to him.

maple_69

Bench
Do you have a source Joker? Since the brief mention in the telegraph there's been conjecture that the journalist was mistaking the signing for Sika Manu. Has it been confirmed?

natheel

Coach
Luke Kelly has been granted a release from storm to sign with parramatta effective immediately.

Good back up in case of injuries and now our main utility is done then he comes at a good time. Wouldn't be surprised if he debuts in the next 2-3 rounds

Luke Kelly has been granted a release from storm to sign with parramatta effective immediately.

Good back up in case of injuries and now our main utility is done then he comes at a good time. Wouldn't be surprised if he debuts in the next 2-3 rounds

:lol:

Bellamy must really have hated that kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.