What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Jacob Lillyman has ended speculation over his playing future by agreeing to a one-year extension with the Warriors.

The 26-year-old revealed to ONE News today that he inked a deal earlier this week that will see him stay at Mt Smart Stadium next season.

"I agreed the other day to extend here another year so it's all sorted out," he said.

"That's not weighing on my mind now, not that it really was, but it's good I can just go out and play footy now."

Lillyman, who signed with the Warriors from North Queensland in 2008, has been plagued by injury this year and said he wanted to repay the club for its faith in him.

"I haven't really hit my straps with this club yet and it's good I've got another year to do that.

"If I had have left after this year I would've felt a bit dirty that I hadn't shown what I can do, having not played to the best of my ability.

"I've spent a lot of time on the sideline this year but I'm back now and jumping out of my skin."

Lillyman, a former Queensland State of Origin representative, said his agent had spoken to several other clubs on his behalf.
Advertisement

But those talks were simply a test of the waters in case the Warriors deal fell through.

"I spoke to a few clubs through my manager but I was never really keen to go anywhere else."

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/jacob-lillyman-re-signs-warriors-3714293

boxhead

First Grade
"New Half For Eels
A halfback who once saved a drowning man has been signed to resuscitate Parramatta's floundering halves. Roosters under-20 star Brad Murray has inked a two-year contract with the Eels as they bid to boost their inside-back depth."

Rugby League Weekly, August 18th, The Mole

Good signing for the Eels, will be great alongside their other new signings for NYC (Marmin Barba, the Aku guy), and the group of young stars they already have (Ken Sio, Jacob Loko, etc).

bunnies

Juniors
RABBITOHS RE-SIGN WESSER FOR 2011

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have re-signed fullback Rhys Wesser for the 2011 season.
The former Queensland State of Origin player agreed to terms with the Rabbitohs today, extending his stint with the Club into its third year.
Wesser will play his 201st first grade game against his former Club, the Penrith Panthers, tomorrow night, returning to CUA Stadium for the first time since joining the Rabbitohs for the 2009 season.
“Rhys is the complete professional and we’re very pleased that he will be with us for a further season,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.
“Rhys has been getting back to some of his best form after recovering from a knee injury which kept him out for most of last season, and he will be a mentor for some of our developing young players that are coming through the grades.
“It’s great to have Rhys here for next season and we look forward to seeing some of his best football being played in the red and green this year and next.”
Wesser says he is delighted to be staying at South Sydney.
“I’m really happy to be a rabbit again. I think we have a great team here and I want to be part of that,” Wesser said.
“There are a lot of good young players coming through at the Club, and hopefully we can perform strongly over the next three weeks and qualify for the finals this year, and then lay a good platform for another big year in 2011.”
BIOGRAPHY
Name: Rhys Wesser
Position: Fullback
Height: 174cm
Weight: 85kg
Date of Birth: 31 March 1979
Place of Birth: Rockhampton, QLD
NRL Debut: Panthers vs Tigers, Penrith Football Stadium, 17 May 1998 (Rd 10)
NRL Games: 200 (23 for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Points: 486 (121 tries, one goal)

Source : MEMBERS EMAIL

Sugar

Bench
RABBITOHS RE-SIGN WESSER FOR 2011

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have re-signed fullback Rhys Wesser for the 2011 season.
The former Queensland State of Origin player agreed to terms with the Rabbitohs today, extending his stint with the Club into its third year.
Wesser will play his 201st first grade game against his former Club, the Penrith Panthers, tomorrow night, returning to CUA Stadium for the first time since joining the Rabbitohs for the 2009 season.
“Rhys is the complete professional and we’re very pleased that he will be with us for a further season,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.
“Rhys has been getting back to some of his best form after recovering from a knee injury which kept him out for most of last season, and he will be a mentor for some of our developing young players that are coming through the grades.
“It’s great to have Rhys here for next season and we look forward to seeing some of his best football being played in the red and green this year and next.”
Wesser says he is delighted to be staying at South Sydney.
“I’m really happy to be a rabbit again. I think we have a great team here and I want to be part of that,” Wesser said.
“There are a lot of good young players coming through at the Club, and hopefully we can perform strongly over the next three weeks and qualify for the finals this year, and then lay a good platform for another big year in 2011.”
BIOGRAPHY
Name: Rhys Wesser
Position: Fullback
Height: 174cm
Weight: 85kg
Date of Birth: 31 March 1979
Place of Birth: Rockhampton, QLD
NRL Debut: Panthers vs Tigers, Penrith Football Stadium, 17 May 1998 (Rd 10)
NRL Games: 200 (23 for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Points: 486 (121 tries, one goal)

Source : MEMBERS EMAIL

Should have kept Best and let Wesser go
Rhys is looking very very tired not to sure he will get any mileage from the legs for another year

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Should have kept Best and let Wesser go
Rhys is looking very very tired not to sure he will get any mileage from the legs for another year

Have the boys over at the Warren got to you? Seriously. They offered Best a contract for a year but he wanted 2. He decided against taking it and then they did a similar offer to Wesser and he took it. Would you have preferred to keep Best for 2 years and then lose one of the youngsters coming through like Farrell, Morgan or Mansour?

I would have liked for Best to stay at Souths but not on his terms. Best has been nothing more than a solid first grader at Souths. I wouldn't want Souths to bend over backwards to keep a solid first grader over the age of 30.

ASH_03

Juniors
Never been a big fan of him to tell ya the truth. A bit overated in my opinion :)

But will boost the nights pack!

perverse

Referee
curious that the Warriors are letting Henderson go, given how little Heremaia has been doing since his great start to the season.

i thought Henderson was looking like the preferred hooker at this stage.

Rovelli

Bench
Sad to see him go...but these things happen.

Mara had a pretty solid debut on Saturday and figures in our plans going forward.

Iafeta

Referee
curious that the Warriors are letting Henderson go, given how little Heremaia has been doing since his great start to the season.

i thought Henderson was looking like the preferred hooker at this stage.

He is (Hendo). I would dare say Les Catalans have offered him obviously a lot longer in terms of his contract, and I'm not sure the Warriors would have re-signed him beyond next year because they are very keen to keep the likes of Alehana Mara and Nafe Seluini come through. Honestly, Nafe Seluini is an absolute gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.