What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

AJB1102

First Grade
Absurd signing. I really feel for Green because I thought he was exactly what we needed for the rest of the year. Who in their right mind signs a 33 year old who just did their ACL though?

They signed him before the ACL just hadn't announced it yet.

mave

Coach
Dogs fans getting an early taste of what it's like to have SuperCoach at the helm.

Enjoy.

davi

Juniors
Hard to make a judgement on Holbrook . Yes the Titans aren't as bad as the Broncos or Bulldogs and they are probably better than the Cowboys but their defense is still putrid most of the time.
No doubt he will be under more pressure next season as they will be expected to challenge for the top 8.

They have improved under Justin Holbrook no doubt. The amount of wins they have is not a fair reflection of their improvement. I just don't think the extension needed to be so long. Its a three year extension on top of the year remaining which is in total four years.

Andrew Johns has called for contracts to be maxed at three years. I agree. I would have thought the Titans would have learned from the Broncos mistake of handing Anthony Seibold a five year contract.

nick87

Coach
Absurd signing. I really feel for Green because I thought he was exactly what we needed for the rest of the year. Who in their right mind signs a 33 year old who just did their ACL though?

Even accounting for the fact they signed him before the ACL
This is a guy who's 33, soon to be 34 year old half who's... OK?

How would he fit their rebuild? He's a bandaid at absolute best and mostly likely a complete and utter waste of a year. Maybe they've got something else in the fire, Matt Burton in 2022 maybe. But Blake Green wouldnt have changed anything... I guess being slighty more competent is somethig but i dunno, Blake Green isnt moving the needle for a team like the knights who actually have talent, cant imagine it would change anything for the dogs who are devoid of talent up and down the roster

TDD91

Juniors
Personally, I'd consider Blake Green to be a good mentor for younger halves, he was a large part of the reason Wigan felt comfortable giving George Williams the 6 shirt in 2015. We're currently in a similar situation with Jackson Hastings looking like returning to the NRL at the end of season and Harry Smith probably taking the 7 shirt for next season.

Do the Bulldogs have any promising young halves coming up who they think are about a season away from getting a starting shirt?

no name

Coach
They have improved under Justin Holbrook no doubt. The amount of wins they have is not a fair reflection of their improvement. I just don't think the extension needed to be so long. Its a three year extension on top of the year remaining which is in total four years.

Andrew Johns has called for contracts to be maxed at three years. I agree. I would have thought the Titans would have learned from the Broncos mistake of handing Anthony Seibold a five year contract.
You just explained how the contract is effectively a three year contract, and then go on to say that contracts should be max three years and that the Titans have potentially made a mistake.

Ask any Titans fan and I think they’d be happy with the extension.
They still have lapses which is going to happen with the lack of depth and experience in some positions.
However, the improvement of the team this year compared to last year is significant and seems to be getting better each week, especially in one key area for fans, which is effort.

davi

Juniors
You just explained how the contract is effectively a three year contract, and then go on to say that contracts should be max three years and that the Titans have potentially made a mistake.

Its a three year extension on top of the year he has remaining. Obviously what I meant was three years should be total duration and you should not be able extend past the duration of three years you little smart-arse.

In relation to Blake Green, age is not so much the issue really. Have a look at Brett and Josh Morris, they just turned 34 and are still playing top rate football.\

The issue is that he has a major injury to overcome with the ACL. If he gets over it well and is ready for the start of the 2021 season, he could be a good buy for the Bulldogs. That is what people will be waiting to see.

shear_joy9

Coach
In relation to Blake Green, age is not so much the issue really. Have a look at Brett and Josh Morris, they just turned 34 and are still playing top rate football.\

The issue is that he has a major injury to overcome with the ACL. If he gets over it well and is ready for the start of the 2021 season, he could be a good buy for the Bulldogs. That is what people will be waiting to see.

bigger issue is that his best for the warriors was just after he was told they didn't want him. Didn't give a f**k until he knew he had to

Latest posts